ADVERTISEMENT

***** OFFICIAL Southern Miss Vs. Kentucky Game Thread ******

There seems to be some lightning tonight!

UK-Lightning-sig2.gif

What in the world is going on?? Play ball! Storms are gone
“The NCAA and the SEC are fully committed to player safety blah blah blah……”.

If this is such a huge safety concern why are fans being allowed to sit out in the open? I’ve been in my seat for nearly two hours…. Felt a few raindrops but that’s it.

They’re trying to keep the crowd entertained but this is BS…..

I feel like trying for 10pm kick is reasonable. Looks like weather calms down around 10, but who knows. I’m no Bill Meck, I just have a weather app.
---
They're probably getting the weather from WKYT's crack staff, the gigantic drunk chick, Bobby Hill, Chrome Dome & Philo Beddoe. They haven't met a thunderstorm yet that couldn't produce 90 mph winds, basketball size hail. a spin up tornado or an ice storm. UK may never play a home game again.

“The NCAA and the SEC are fully committed to player safety blah blah blah……”.

If this is such a huge safety concern why are fans being allowed to sit out in the open? I’ve been in my seat for nearly two hours…. Felt a few raindrops but that’s it.

They’re trying to keep the crowd entertained but this is BS…..
Complain to the NCAA. They're in charge of the shindig at the moment.

Hope they are wrong a couple connected folks on social media I follow say game will be completely canceled.

No makeup works for both. UK will play 11 games this yr.

Reactions: EliteBlue
checked my flight radar and it looks like the last cell of the series of cels moving across Lexington is passing now. Should be in the clear from here unless something weird pops up.

Still in a convective sigmet so it’s still “conditions” that are susceptible to pop up thunder storms. But the hot spots are more towards Paris and Sadieville

Hope they are wrong a couple connected folks on social media I follow say game will be completely canceled.

No makeup works for both. UK will play 11 games this yr.
If that’s the case then I think they are using the weather as an excuse to avoid the late start time and it’s a mutual decision from the programs. The weather indicators are showing that we should be good to go by 9:30-10

The Southern Miss players literally “live”in Hattiesburg MS. We can stretch some sheets across some kitchen chairs and make them a pillow fort in the locker room and it would be the nicer than anything they’ve seen. Hotels my hind end

Reactions: hmt5000
Read SEC teams cannot start after 10pm. I doubt we're playing this week :(

Edit: But commissioner can allow later starts...

Southern Miss figures they still collect their share of the ticket sales and don’t even have to play. They’d probably be happy to head on home.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Weather is starting to clear. Now, if the South Miss coach is adamant he doesn't want to play, so be it. But, I'd imagine both coaches would want to try to reschedule at least. Can't imagine why it can't be played tomorrow.
If the southern miss coach is adamant but (Stoops perspective) my team/players were wanting to get out there and play…I’d tell the SoMiss coach we’ll accept a forfeit or we play the game

Reactions: TM2013 and bbncal02
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT