ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL BBN Does Not Condone Death Threats Thread!!!!

I wonder how many of the purported "death threats" emanated from the bird defects - you know it's a decent
percentage when the Losers have 28/45 threads UK related.

kermit_L_zps1qa0qvw5.gif

I know for a fact UL fans do crap like that. They've been impersonating UK fans to try and make us look bad at least since the 1980's on the call in radio shows... so you know they'd love to jump in on stuff like this to really make us look just awful.

That being said....... i'm sure someone upset who is a real UK fan called and said they wish he'd die in a fire or something like that and Higgins just felt like it was a death threat when it really wasnt.

While I certainly do not condone death threats, which I suspect are few (if any), Mr. Higgins brought this upon himself. He chose to use his ties with refereeing to promote his business, and thus is reaping what he sowed. I have a great new slogan for his roofing business....."The Nail That Sticks Out Gets Hammered" good day Mr. Higgins ;)

Reactions: UK_fan_41102
While we are angry as hell at the man......... we need our boosters to try and hire him to do big projects with rooferees ............ we'll get 10000000 times further with honey than we will with vinegar .

I seriously doubt Higgins received death threats. I think Goodman and O'Neil are just trying to sensationalize the story since they despise Cal and the BBN anyway.

Unless you have insulted Islam, any time someone claims to have received death threats, I call BS.

This is claimed to accomplish two things; make yourself appear a sympathetic victim and portray your opposition as "crazy" and the "bad guy."

Notice when people make these claims, there's never any proof provided?

Reactions: spotter34
The problem is this gives the national press an excuse to make up things and blame UK fans for things that did not occur. So time to knock it off because nothing good comes from it. They are not going to change the score.

Reactions: TexKat
Sure, death threats are bad. However I will not feel bad one bit for anything bad that happens to that POS. Think about this, there were a couple calls in the entire game against UConn and Wisky that we feel impacted the final score...this time this Mother FU**ER dominated an entire half with bad calls and blatant non-calls that had a huge impact on the game. That is such an abuse of power. And we were on the wrong end of it all.
He abused his power and robbed our guys of a fair chance of a final four.
He can rot in hell.

I don't condone violence against him at all, but as for his business, oh well. Was he worried about ruining the game day experience for those that paid to be there? He hit a lot of UK fans where it hurts, so they're hitting him where it hurts, his business. Just call the game right and you won't have to worry about fans with pitchforks and torches.

Last edited:
I've never said I'd kill someone I don't know.. Well except the Rothschild family and Soros.. I've attempted to kill a guy once.. But couldn't hit the red side of a barn that day.. Not seen him since which is lucky for him coz I won't miss next time.. I did give Higgins company a shitty review.. Not ashamed of it either..

Anyone in their right mind would agree that a death threat is just wrong, but one could argue the asshole killed our season.
I don't see much sense in seeing the man die, but something in the order of him running into some really bad luck like a septic tank truck crashing into him and spilling their load on him; or maybe he sucks in his whistle and has it lodged in his throat for a couple hours.
Nothing major, just something to make his day crap.

I'm very doubtful he got many real death threats. I am sure a lot of people were wishing he would die, or get some horrific illness and suffer uncontrollably for years maybe, but there is a big difference in that and actually threatening death on someone. I routinely hope several posters on this board won't wake up tomorrow, but I don't threaten them with death.

Do we really need to publicly affirm that the fan base doesn't support killing an official? Heh

Unfortunately, given the large foot print that a small vocal/active percentage of the fan base gets, I don't think it's too absurd.

Sadly....

Yes, death threats are wrong. Show me where anyone on here said they weren't?

I doubt very seriously, though, that anyone will make good on those threats (if there were even any made at all). Higgins will continue to make hundreds of thousands of dollars being terrible at his job, and the NCAA will skate by making no improvements to the transparency of officiating and they will not be held accountable for failing to punish programs that do things that would cause the hammer to be dropped if it was UK. But please, continue to fall for the "rogue Kentucky fans acting up again" distraction narrative and ignore the real story.

Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the real turds causing trouble weren't even UK fans.

Kind of like the trouble makers who never miss a protest. A lot of folks who don't have any skin in the game just show up to stir up the pot.

Reactions: Brando Mac
Might as well give it up now fellas...the spin is in. ESPN took the story, smeared it in tar-shat and ran with it. Posting stories about the "amazing" Maye and his gaming winning shot one night then in the classroom the next (cause tarheels always go to class). Now the story that the entire BBN (small % of nut jobs) wants Higgins dead.

The rest of the sports world now sees Higgins as the victim and the BBN as the the enemy (as a whole). Look at the comments the story is getting. People are delusional and the hatred that the rest of the sports community had for UK is now on a whole other level lol. Kentucky vs Everybody has officially begun.

I seriously doubt Higgins received death threats. I think Goodman and O'Neil are just trying to sensationalize the story since they despise Cal and the BBN anyway.
I don't buy it either and I ain't apologizing if it did because some idiot I don't know did something idiotic that I had nothing to do with. When O' Neil and Goodman write some scathing stories about the corruption and deceit that has been going on at UNC and UofL I might pay attention to them.
When they write articles about how K was hypocritical and allowed a kid to keep playing that was intentionally tripping and endangering the safety of players I might pay attention to them.

As badly as I want him to be denied from officiating UIK games, I do not wish him any harm. But, I do think he has cost us 3 National Championships, and he should quit officiating, at least anything above the high school level.

Might as well give it up now fellas...the spin is in. ESPN took the story, smeared it in tar-shat and ran with it. Posting stories about the "amazing" Maye and his gaming winning shot one night then in the classroom the next (cause tarheels always go to class). Now the story that the entire BBN (small % of nut jobs) wants Higgins dead.

The rest of the sports world now sees Higgins as the victim and the BBN as the the enemy (as a whole). Look at the comments the story is getting. People are delusional and the hatred that the rest of the sports community had for UK is now on a whole other level lol. Kentucky vs Everybody has officially begun.
Don't you think that was about the size of it before this incident came up, not much change that I can see. I respect your post just saying....

@death

John Higgins.

Not a death threat, merely asking the one in charge of it what's taking so long.

Post here if giving death threats..........even to the sleazy Higgins disgusts you.

While I hope the guy stubs his toe and loses his car keys.......... death threats are simply not cool and I know the overwhelming majority of UK fans agree.

If death threats were really made, I hope the offending parties are found and prosecuted. There is no place for that.

Just how did you get the blessing of RR to make this the "Official Thread"? Does it take Admin approval or just a majority of the mods? Surely we need a poll first to accept this thread as our official saving grace?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT