ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official 2023-24 UK Men's Basketball Pro Day Thread*****

Cal might honestly have to play 4 guards at once. First 8-10 games of year we are only gonna have 1 big and he is really a big, he is a hybrid

Mitchell was the starting center all 4 of his previous years in school. I wouldn’t call him a hybrid just yet. Jimmy Bell (6’10) started but only played 18 MPG at WVU. Timmy Allen (6’6) and Christian Bishop (6’7) shared the frontcourt at Texas, but they were both small.

Last edited:
Mitchell was the starting center all 4 of his previous years in school. I wouldn’t call him a hybrid just yet. Jimmy Bell (6’10) started but only played 18 MPG at WVU. Timmy Allen (6’6) and Christian Bishop (6’7) shared the frontcourt at Texas, but they were both small.
Mitchell will do good, he isn’t a terrible option but I view him as the four here but I don’t hate him as the five for Kentucky and a smallish ball lineup

Last edited:
KU going to destroy UK in the Champions Classic without Bradshaw or Ugo. Dickinson may go for 40

So both injuries aren’t minor things like they were originally made out to be
Who said they were minor? Bradshaw has been open about electing for surgery to help guarantee he would be able to play this year (vs rest). Ugo the first couple days thought it was minor, but within 3 days he was off to NY for surgery because UK said it was worse than initially thought.

Both were initially thought to be about 12 weeks of recovery.(Calipari talked about both in Canada)... UK has been surprising open about both of them. And Bradshaw has been very open on social media. The targets I heard in June, is both would probably be ready to practice by mid to late October. and Both could be back by start of regular season. And most talk has been Bradshaw will probably be back before Ugo.

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
Who said they were minor? Bradshaw has been open about electing for surgery to help guarantee he would be able to play this year (vs rest). Ugo the first couple days thought it was minor, but within 3 days he was off to NY for surgery because UK said it was worse than initially thought.

Both were initially thought to be about 12 weeks of recovery.(Calipari talked about both in Canada)... UK has been surprising open about both of them. And Bradshaw has been very open on social media. The targets I heard in June, is both would probably be ready to practice by mid to late October. and Both could be back by start of regular season. And most talk has been Bradshaw will probably be back before Ugo.
During the period where they happened they acted like they would be back when the season started and that’s not the case, still not the end of the world

Reactions: RunninRichie
Shocked when I read that Burks performed the best. Said he showed he could shoot well in scrimmages and in drills and mentioned passing ability, dunks among other things. So much for him not being in the rotation. Said he will probably back up the five some for now and play the four next to Mitchell. The other guy they raved about was Hart. Said he shot the eyes out in the scrimmages and drills from deep. Some people asking who he was because of how impressive he looked. But those two apparently really stood out. Also talked about how Reeves did not shoot well but done other things well.

Last edited:
Oh lord he’s talking about zone with 3 7 footers at a time. I’d love to see that Cal… not.
Twin Towers?!?!? Pfffftttt, that's for the past! Get ready for the Triple Towers! Cal's already dreaming about all that size and length on the court.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
Shocked when I read that Burks performed the best. Said he showed he could shoot well in scrimmages and in drills and mentioned passing ability, dunks among other things. So much for him not being the rotation. Said he will probably back up the five some for now and play the four next to Mitchell. The other guy they raved about was Hart. Said he shot the eyes out in the scrimmages and drills from deep. Some people asking who he was because of how impressive he looked. But those two apparently really stood out. Also talked about how Reeves did not shoot well but done other things well.
Spot on. Play the best players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT