ADVERTISEMENT

Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

I will say with Moustakas and Senzil back really helps the Reds lineup and the offense. With Akiyama, Votto, Suarez, Moustakas,Castellanos, Senzil, Galvis, Barnhart, and Winker DH is an outstanding lineup and lethal offense. Bailey, Castillo, Bauer will be outstanding and DeSclafani will be back this weekend and Miley will turn it around to give the Reds one of the best Starting Pitchers in the NL. Now the Reds need to win this last home game vs. Cubs and get on winning streak. If you look at game 2 and 3 vs. Tigers and game 1 and 2 vs. Cubs the REDS should be sitting at 5-1 in the NL Central. The one big NEGATIVE with the REDS is the Top one they had last year and that is there RELIEVERS and a Dominating Closer. If we can get the Relievers pitching better in the 7-9 innings then the REDS have a great Shot winning there Division!

Back in the win column tonight but still bullpen gives up 7 runs in last 3 innings. JFC boya....

Relievers are just unbelievably terrible. No lead is safe with this crew - can we call them "Fahrenheit 451"?

Reactions: CB3UK
Bell may have to experiment with the "opener" strategy and see if any of the bullpen bozos can get outs in the first 2-3 innings and then bring starter in for final 6-7 innings

Could the Reds sell their soul and find a middle reliever?

They spent $160 million on bats. What’s another 20 million?

Hindsight but the Reds spent 2 yrs 15 million on Wade Miley...wish they would've went with Mahle as our 5th starter and used that in the bullpen. Need about 2 more studs, maybe more.

Last edited:
I was joking early in the evening with a Yankees fan that the Reds could petition for 7 inning games, not knowing that double headers were only 7 innings this season!!

Reds sweep Tigers 4-3, and 4-0, each in 7 innings.

They might be on to something!

Reactions: WildcatDJ
I was joking early in the evening with a Yankees fan that the Reds could petition for 7 inning games, not knowing that double headers were only 7 innings this season!!

Reds sweep Tigers 4-3, and 4-0, each in 7 innings.

They might be on to something!
If they can use only their starters they have a better chance of winning!

Reactions: The-Hack
3 straight and 4 out of 5 overall...up to 5-5 on the season after starting 1-4. There's hope

2 toughies in a row to Cleveland, ugh. I will say, I like Mike Clevinger, would have him on our staff in a heartbeat.

Take it to the Tribe tomorrow boys and lets split the series!

Reds are going have to go 30-17 to have a chance to make the playoffs.

Don’t see it happening with that bullpen they have!

3 outta’ the last 4 from August 8 ‘till August 11!!

I’m starting to believe!

I wonder when Lorenzen pitches, again?

Tonight the defense killed starting pitching Castillo giving up 2 unearned runs on errors by 3b Suarez, 1b Votto, and cf Senzil the 3 errors gave KC 2 unearned runs. Starting pitcher Castillo went 6 innings on 7 hits and 1 earned run and 5 strikeouts. Castillo once again should have a WIN tonight and if it wasn't for the 2 unearned runs on 3 errors then the 2-run homer in 8th off of Garrett. Castillo, could easily be 2-0 this year and he has 32 K's.

This Reds bullpen has to get together in order for the Reds to make it to the Playoffs and have a run in the Playoffs. If you look at the top 4 starters with the Reds in Gray, Bauer, Castillo, and DeSclafani and if the 1 - 9 hitters come together they could make a run if they make it to the Playoffs. This Reds team could easily be 13-4 or 12-5 if it wasn't for the relievers so far this year. We have in the bullpen in long relief Mahle(with Miley back) and Antone, and then you have Garrett, Jones, and get Strop(back from injury) and Lorenzen(pitching like last year)all in middle relief and then Iglesias which has been getting back to himself at closer and this Reds team will be dangerous if they can make it to the Playoffs. The relievers will be extremely important over the next 43 games.

Bell is closing in on Bryan Price bad with some of his moves and lineups.

If we struggle to score runs, why not bunt or steal and certain situations??
We leave way too many guys OB in the early innings.

Bad baseball.

Reactions: WildcatDJ
And the bullpen could not have played worse!!

And the Reds play the Pirates a lot in the remaining 42 games!

Who knows??
Im astonished at how bad our bullpen has been. Tommy pointed oh out the stats last night pregame on WLW, I dont remember the exact numbers, but it was basically our starters have given up 32 runs combined (so what....apx 6 innings per game x how many have we played) v the 50+ our bullpen has in well under half as many innings.

Appaling.

Bell is closing in on Bryan Price bad with some of his moves and lineups.

If we struggle to score runs, why not bunt or steal and certain situations??
We leave way too many guys OB in the early innings.

Bad baseball.

Because nobody knows how to do anything in baseball these days other than walk, K or HR. Zero imagination or strategy

The Reds could easily be 14-6 right now after 20 games if it wasn't for the Relievers and some bad defensive plays. The one complaint I have on Head Coach Bell and it was last year too is how he handles his Starters and Relievers. Derek Johnson is one of the best Pitching Coaches in MLB and I would let him at 100% handle the Starters and Relievers in these situations! This has killed the REDS in at least 5 or 6 games this year!

If some games get cancelled/delayed, maybe the Reds can get lots of 7 inning double-headers, and not have to go to the bullpen.

The Reds don't blow another Save and Win in St. Louis on Friday Night! Reds are 11-13 and should have been 12-12 if not blowing the 9th inning Thursday night game leading 4-2 in bottom of 9th. Once again Iglesias comes in Walks a batter, hits a batter letting the Cards win 5-4 Thursday night. Now if we can finish Saturday and Sunday's game with Wins and head to Milwaukee at 13-13 would be outstanding on this road trip! Just need consistency out of the bullpen and not one night having a couple of relievers give up runs and then the next look outstanding in relief. Sims, Garrett, Thorburg, Jones, and Lorenzen starting to become consistent up to the 9th inning. If we get Iglesias to become consistent each and every game in the 9th inning this relief pitching wouldn't be that bad. WE just can't have one Night Iglesias come in and give up 2 or 3 runs and 2 or 3 walks and then the next night be perfect like he was a couple of years ago for the Reds. Just have to get this Bullpen right and consistent and this Reds team with there starting pitching could have an outstanding finish to this 60 game shortened season!

Reds are now ahead of exactly one team in the NL standings, optimism is gone, just a horrible organization in every aspect. Might as well trade/release everybody who's been a part of this total failure of a rebuild and hope (without reason to do so) that the ownership/GM doesn't screw up rebuild #2 like they did rebuild #1

Looking more like Bauer needs to be moved. Hate it. What positional needs do we go after?
We have an abundance of OF’s. Shortstop?

Have the Reds lost a game in a double-header, yet?

These 7 inning games are tailor made for strong starting pitchers.

And it’s a rainy year, maybe there will be lots more!!

Three in a row, and if I read correctly, a double-header for Saturday, Aug. 29?!?

Maybe we’ll see some post season?

538 has a 51% chance at the playoffs, 12% to win the division and 2% to win the WS.

So they are saying there’s a chance!

12 teams ranked ahead of the Reds, and 17 below!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT