ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive Line Issues: What's the issue?

HoptownCat93

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2015
Although my long posts makes me pretend like I'm an expert on all things....I'm actually a moron when it comes to football (which most of you already knew lol)

I'm interested in our OL issues this season....it's gotten gradually worse as time has gone on....but are there any former lineman, QBs, coaches, etc. that have some insight?

We all know the big issues began in 2022....the talent/scheme issues were big. Different coaches and bad recruiting caught up with us. Flax wasn't the top juco commit we thought he'd be, John Young was not a 4 star, Jager Burton has not been a 4-star, and Goodwin only last a year....but it has to be more than that...

Personally? I think our biggest transfer/recruiting miss was losing out on getting Bryan Hudson as a transfer....not to mention not getting Walker Parks either too. Hudson was a big part of UofL's 22/23 seasons where they had a really strong running game...he was a true leader on that front and would've been the man we needed. Had we gotten Hudson....Eli Cox can be a guard. Jager doesn't have to play either. Not to mention....imagine Walker Parks is there too. 2022 could've been much better with Hudson, Parks, Manning, & Cox as 4 of our interior OL players. Now of course, we probably don't get them all....but I'm pointing out where we failed.

Another thing is this current year.....it seems like we made huge strides last season. We weren't a good OL, but we were much better than that....but it appears it's slid again. We have experience, chemistry, size, depth, etc. where we shouldn't be this bad again....the only thing that changed really was the coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.