ADVERTISEMENT

Off Topic: Prayers for HMH 361

EliteBlue

All-American
Mar 27, 2009
If you believe in the power of prayer, I ask you to take a few minutes of your day to include a prayer for the USMC Squadron HMH 361 and the families of those impacted.

https://www.3rdmaw.marines.mil/News...nd-rescue-operations-underway-for-us-marines/
Summary for those not tracking: Huge winter storm out on the West Coast, Helicopter went missing last night and they couldn’t search until this morning. The Helicopter was located this morning. Here is the most recent press release.

There are 2 potential scenarios here: Found the crash site but they are still conducting search and rescue so best case they were able to hard land (controlled crash) it and are on foot without ability to make contact….worst case the helicopter tumbled down the mountain side and they are just searching for bodies that got thrown out. Either way they are up in the snow storm mountains w the bad weather out there rn and are on borrowed time if they aren’t located after another night or so.

Pray they are on foot and can be found before the snow and winter storm takes it toll.

I deployed with dets from that squadron more than once. It hurts to see this….and it hurts that I have seen this many times throughout my career. I hope the families find peace.
Yeah unfortunately I’ve lost more friends stateside than deployed. I appreciate the kind words.

Prayers, seemed like more helicopters crashed in Iraq than were shot down when I was there. Let’s hope their survival training kicks in and they are safe.
Yeah, as you undoubtedly know, maintenance on a 50+ year old platform with a restricted budget while trying to keep up with a high ops tempo is a fine line to tap dance on.

This one seems to be weather induced at first glance but at the end of the day, Helos defy physics and beat the air into submission to fly. If anything stops working they fall like a rock unlike a plane that can glide for miles upon miles depending on altitude and make a field.

If you believe in the power of prayer, I ask you to take a few minutes of your day to include a prayer for the USMC Squadron HMH 361 and the families of those impacted.

https://www.3rdmaw.marines.mil/News...nd-rescue-operations-underway-for-us-marines/
Summary for those not tracking: Huge winter storm out on the West Coast, Helicopter went missing last night and they couldn’t search until this morning. The Helicopter was located this morning. Here is the most recent press release.

There are 2 potential scenarios here: Found the crash site but they are still conducting search and rescue so best case they were able to hard land (controlled crash) it and are on foot without ability to make contact….worst case the helicopter tumbled down the mountain side and they are just searching for bodies that got thrown out. Either way they are up in the snow storm mountains w the bad weather out there rn and are on borrowed time if they aren’t located after another night or so.

Pray they are on foot and can be found before the snow and winter storm takes it toll.
Definitely prayers for the actual heroes out there.

Yeah, as you undoubtedly know, maintenance on a 50+ year old platform with a restricted budget while trying to keep up with a high ops tempo is a fine line to tap dance on.

This one seems to be weather induced at first glance but at the end of the day, Helos defy physics and beat the air into submission to fly. If anything stops working they fall like a rock unlike a plane that can glide for miles upon miles depending on altitude and make a field.
All anyone needs to do to see how hard flying a helicopter is, find a good quality RC one and try to fly it. I’m you won’t be successful without hours and hours on a trainer, that’s for a basic one, not even one that can do 3D tricks.

May angels find and let them to safety.

Not big on the prayers thing but when it comes to the military, I am all in.

I hope it is still considered a search and rescue mission.

My ass can be snarky because of our beloved military.

Those bad asses in all branches deserve our respect.

Reactions: EliteBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT