ADVERTISEMENT

Oats - Break the Bank Offer

wccat2969

Junior
Apr 8, 2009
Since Oats came out so quickly with a 'I am committed to Alabama', I would believe he wasn't approached. Should Mitch go back to him and give him a $10 mill offer? Would he listen? Would Mitch offer? Is he worth it? I definitely see offering that to Hurley but Oats? Can't believe Alabama would match. Can't believe the buyout of $18-20 million would be a roadblock. Or would it?

Since Oats came out so quickly with a 'I am committed to Alabama', I would believe he wasn't approached. Should Mitch go back to him and give him a $10 mill offer? Would he listen? Would Mitch offer? Is he worth it? I definitely see offering that to Hurley but Oats? Can't believe Alabama would match. Can't believe the buyout of $18-20 million would be a roadblock. Or would it?
My favorite but looks like that's not gonna happen this time.

The minute bama’s AD and boosters backed oats he became an unattainable option. Bama has just as money as Kentucky if not more and can match any offer.

Last edited:
Oats has 3 out of 5 seasons with 10 losses or more and those 3 seasons early exits. The other two was elite 8 two years ago and the final four this year.

why want him over Drew?

I’m looking forward to a coach who teaches his players defense. Oats ain’t it.

Drew's resume is significantly better and only slightly older. Oats is flashy and has the dynamic personality. Can't go wrong with either but no need to overpay for Oats if you can get Drew.

I'm not paying Oats more than we were paying Cal.

You pay Hurley an obscene amount of money because he's gone back to back and in dominant fashion. Oats has a Final 4. He's a very good coach. He aint 10 million dollars good.

If he’s coming here for just the money then he’s coming for the wrong reasons.
I say we all move on from Oates, he made it clear he wasn’t interested before interest was shown plus he’s not 100% proven, may be a flash in pan, trendy pick.

Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia

bmthoag-main1.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT