ADVERTISEMENT

O-line: Worst pass blocking I've seen with Kentucky

How do you block decently when your QB runs away as soon as he gets the ball???

We're running good enough but Brock is beyond bad.

Reactions: plumdog69
There were multiple times Brock bailed before he got pressured. He is also getting pressured a lot and the OL sucks. Both things are true, which is not good.
He's bailing because he's anticipating his line being softer than Charmin. Brock can take hits, but SC is coming clean so often that they're head hunting like they're on special teams KO coverage.

bad O-line and bad QB play for sure especially after that forced throw for 6. this season may be rough

He's bailing because he's anticipating his line being softer than Charmin. Brock can take hits, but SC is coming clean so often that they're head hunting like they're on special teams KO coverage.
He did it against Central Michigan GENIUSES...

We smashed their QB multiple times where he fumbled more than once. Then eventually he finds a way to extend a play and hit a wide open WR. One QB is bailing and one QB is not

We are BAD BAD in every aspect. Doesn’t really matter. But the Oline is the biggest concern.

Worried about our o line after last week. We couldn't protect the qb against USM very well. Was hoping we would get it together but right now, O line is our main concern, looks like to me. Surprised a bit at that but it is what it is right now.

Reactions: EngineMilk
You would rather him stay and get smashed in the back field?
It's called pocket awareness. There were multiple times when he had a nice pocket and ran straight to the edge rushers.

Also, he's allowed to throw the ball when pressured...

can't Pass block a 3-line rush, god awful.

Run blocking looks good as usual but we don't have a back that can tote the rock every down, nor have the heft to really push the line a few yards.

The O-line is why Brock is playing so rattled
I was at the game, and this is exactly the way that I see things. For the most part, Liam Cohen had us operating last year out of a 2 tight end set I believe due to the lack of foot speed of our tackles. We got trashed by the South Carolina defensive ends every time we operated without those tight ends. I do not understand why our OC failed to recognize this and adjust his game plan. We were all talking about how much this reminded us of Will Levis in his last season, where he would take the snap in shotgun and immediately begin running for his life- folks thats 2 seconds.....not enough time to even make 1 read on a receiver.

His first stint here, I remember hearing Wooford was pretty hard on kids and that it was not going over well. Possibly he hasn’t changed his ways and the kids were just basically going thru motions? When we have 7 guys that can’t block 3 guys, it’s not really about technique is it? I’m afraid woodford is type that won’t change his ways and will be long season…hope I’m wrong on all accounts.

Overall ol play wasnt as bad as most think imo. We basically couldn't block one guy, but that is an understatement. He was basically to the qb in .5 seconds. An extremely elite player.

Even though he was extremely elite, you are an sec ot and just cant get beat THAT bad every rep. In all my years of watching uk play, i never saw a guy dominate a 1 on 1 (even a 1 on 3) like that guy did every single time. Its ridiculous to think you couldn't give your qb even 2 seconds. It was mainly rt but lt got smoked too. Then he was rubbing it in your face on top of it all. Zero pride in that ol room.

All that said, more concerning to see our oc had no answers. Snap count anyone? Easiest way to slow down an elite get off. They got us with it. Many other ways too. Instead we just kept doing the same thing expecting different results.

Even if you cant figure out anything, why go away from the inside runs? They clearly had no answer for that because their strength was outside edge rush. Instead we'd have massive success then try something cute pushing us 3rd and long. At half stoops is concerned about balance which i guess is to keep his wrs happy. How about lets win the game or at least get a lead then worry about feelings?

So many reasons to be concerned about our performance and 90% of it coaching. We wont see another edge guy nearly that good but the inability to adjust to the talent deficiency is extremely concerning.

So many reasons to be concerned about our performance and 90% of it coaching. We wont see another edge guy nearly that good but the inability to adjust to the talent deficiency is extremely concerning.

I was at the game too, and agree with a lot of what you posted, but will respectfully disagree with this comment. SEC is filled with big fast pass rushers. Just watch what happens next week . . .

I was at the game too, and agree with a lot of what you posted, but will respectfully disagree with this comment. SEC is filled with big fast pass rushers. Just watch what happens next week . . .

Indeed they are. This kid is special though. We wont see another edge with a speed rush like him this season. He had the best get off I saw since kearse.

He was awful vs the run though. All the other top end guys we will see will be very good vs both.

Reactions: Tskware
I was at the game, and this is exactly the way that I see things. For the most part, Liam Cohen had us operating last year out of a 2 tight end set I believe due to the lack of foot speed of our tackles. We got trashed by the South Carolina defensive ends every time we operated without those tight ends. I do not understand why our OC failed to recognize this and adjust his game plan. We were all talking about how much this reminded us of Will Levis in his last season, where he would take the snap in shotgun and immediately begin running for his life- folks thats 2 seconds.....not enough time to even make 1 read on a receiver.
Yes. There did not seem to be any adjustments of any kind in the passing game. That one drive where they abandoned the passing game entirely and had a dozen or so runs back-to-back picked up nice yardage but could not get them into the end zone. Piecoro said a couple of times, the QB should just step up in the pocket instead of retreating backwards.

The O line was awful yesterday no excuse for looking that bad against an SC team that just barely beat the Citadel team the week before 23 to 20.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT