ADVERTISEMENT

Now that Darryn Peterson signed an NIL with Adidas, is Kentucky officially out of the running?

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
Adidas is going to end up costing us again: Tracy McGrady, Bazz Muhammad, Andrew Wiggins, and now Peterson.

Is there any reasonable way a Nike school could sign an Adidas endorsed player?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Adidas is going to end up costing us again: Tracy McGrady, Bazz Muhammad, Andrew Wiggins, and now Peterson.

Just heard something about NIL deals regarding this subject the other day. I believe Edwards has an NIL deal with New Balance and Reeves just signed with Puma or Reebok (IIRC).

Cannot remember what talking head said it but basically NIL deal is totally separate from school sponsor. It isn't a deal to wear gear on court.

So I do not think this will be impactful to where he goes...but that is just based off what I shared above.

Just heard something about NIL deals regarding this subject the other day. I believe Edwards has an NIL deal with New Balance and Reeves just signed with Puma or Reebok (IIRC).

Cannot remember what talking head said it but basically NIL deal is totally separate from school sponsor. It isn't a deal to wear gear on court.

So I do not think this will be impactful to where he goes...but that is just based off what I shared above.
Thanks for the information. I think he ends up at Kansas but I hope I'm wrong.

In the wake of all this NIL stuff, can we do away with schools favoring a specific shoe brand now?

Screw it, custom make a different shoe from Nike, Adidas, Puma, Sketchers even.. let the players pick, it just has to be blue and white. Give them 50 pairs.

I know that's not how it works, but I'd love to get from out of Nike's thumb while they help out every other school.

Think they have a shot with Peterson. Getting a visit is huge, and with the way the guards are playing it could be a great pairing

That’s good new then, the only difference being that Puma and NB don’t sponsee college teams. If it was any apparel outside Adidas I’d feel much better.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
In the wake of all this NIL stuff, can we do away with schools favoring a specific shoe brand now?

Screw it, custom make a different shoe from Nike, Adidas, Puma, Sketchers even.. let the players pick, it just has to be blue and white. Give them 50 pairs.

I know that's not how it works, but I'd love to get from out of Nike's thumb while they help out every other school.
I get that but we would have to have one type of Jersey, I will say that Nike makes the best gear to buy at least. Adidas gear sucks, asks IU fans about trying to find nice stuff to buy.

Does he have prior felonies? That is why Kansas or is he a asshole
Source re Kansas? I have heard nothing concrete about Kansas leading for him. In fact, the posts above says that UK has led for Peterson all along and it appears that nothing has changed. This late, Peterson would not schedule an official visit unless he was serious about UK. He was in Lexington for BBM and has had 2 1/2 months to consider his options. His comments about wanting to get to the NBA with a max-contract and his admiration of Booker, SGA, and Cal's ability to turn out max-contract NBA players is, IMO, a very positive sign.

I think Edgecombe has indicated he's going elsewhere or, if not, Cal is signalling to VJ that he has to either commit or watch his offer taken by Peterson. I don't see UK getting both, so hopefully it's one or the other. I do think we probably get one of them, If not, Maleek Thomas is another very talented 2G that UK has taken an interest in recruiting.

Cal up and goes to watch Johnson versus Peterson. Johnson hits 10 threes and scores 37 points against Peterson's team. Was Peterson guarding Johnson?

• Love
Edgecome has been Duke for a long time people get real. All of you are well aware that Duke is playing games with his recruitment. Wake up.

I would love to see Jasper Johnson reclass and come here and play with Sheppard next season. All-Kentucky backcourt. Both can handle, pass, and flat out shoot the ball. Both are UK legacies. It would be pretty cool to see that next season. Add Thiero on the other wing and Quaintance and Onyenso inside. We should have plenty of size next season, we just need another wing scorer or two.

Some are over looking Travis Perry.
I don't expect Perry to be Reed Sheppard - how many freshmen ever are at that level out of the gate - but the way he is constantly in motion and the way he shoots makes me think he can contribute even as a freshman.

Reactions: westerncat
Cal up and goes to watch Johnson versus Peterson. Johnson hits 10 threes and scores 37 points against Peterson's team. Was Peterson guarding Johnson?
Was Peterson guarding Johnson? How was Peterson's game, excluding his defense, assuming he was the one guarding Johnson?

I tell you what though, that timeline this early in Janurary is exactly how me and @BigKari felt like would be good for us. It’s within a short timeframe of when we got some momentum at least. Cal just went and seen him so I at least hope he was informed to move on then se we don’t waste time getting a replacement. I’d really love to get this kid though. It appears as if we need some random good news to pop up before then as the crystal balls all favor Puke. 🤮

I tell you what though, that timeline this early in Janurary is exactly how me and @BigKari felt like would be good for us. It’s within a short timeframe of when we got some momentum at least. Cal just went and seen him so I at least hope he was informed to move on then se we don’t waste time getting a replacement. I’d really love to get this kid though. It appears as if we need some random good news to pop up before then as the crystal balls all favor Puke. 🤮
Yup I gave it 20 days when he announced his top 3!! If he announces on the 15th, I believe the would be the 20 day mark. So to reiterate, if he doesn’t announce at the Hoophall classic as expected, we can forget about it. But as it stands, all the talk is Duke anyway. However, if Cal pulled the steal then it’s already a done deal and the timeline lines up just about precisely with how the typical UK commitment process goes. So given this news, I’m not writing us off. But, it’s been made clear Duke was on him from the jump and Kentucky was more of a late player. I used to get stressed about recruiting when I was in my teens and early 20s, but for years now I’ve just watched the whole landscape with interest but I’m totally “let the chips fall where they may”.

Had what I would call a “passive insider” for a few years who would share tidbits that happened to fall into her lap. It helped me learn quite a bit about recruiting as a result, especially the behind the scenes stuff. The main takeaway though was to not get invested in any particular recruit.

Yup I gave it 20 days when he announced his top 3!! If he announces on the 15th, I believe the would be the 20 day mark. So to reiterate, if he doesn’t announce at the Hoophall classic as expected, we can forget about it. But as it stands, all the talk is Duke anyway. However, if Cal pulled the steal then it’s already a done deal and the timeline lines up just about precisely with how the typical UK commitment process goes. So given this news, I’m not writing us off. But, it’s been made clear Duke was on him from the jump and Kentucky was more of a late player. I used to get stressed about recruiting when I was in my teens and early 20s, but for years now I’ve just watched the whole landscape with interest but I’m totally “let the chips fall where they may”.

Had what I would call a “passive insider” for a few years who would share tidbits that happened to fall into her lap. It helped me learn quite a bit about recruiting as a result, especially the behind the scenes stuff. The main takeaway though was to not get invested in any particular recruit.
💯 we gonna get our players, that said I’d really like to get this kid. He’s legit.

Odd how some top players mostly worry about which college coach can prepare them the best for succeeding in the pro's so they can become as rich as possible while there are some that doesn't mention that part, they just want to go to Duke for whatever reason. With Edgecombe he cites Duke being on him a lot earlier than UK. It would seem hearing him talk that would come before the best place to prep him for the pro's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT