ADVERTISEMENT

Nothing on Lavell Wright's injury? Nothing?

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
I know CRod is back, Smoke remains healthy and McClain took a few snaps last week so the RB room is better than it's been (thanks, CRod). But, haven't heard a peep about Lavell's injury. While he hasn't shined this year yet (certainly below my expectations), I would have thought we'd heard something about him. He went down fairly late Saturday holding a knee but don't know what the prognosis is. Anyone heard anything? Other threads on this subject have gone silent, too.

Don’t recall Stoops mentioning it yesterday in his press conference nor do I recall a reporter asking him the question. If there’s swelling they could be waiting for it to go down some to do the MRI.

Reactions: gamecockcat
Getting information on injuries about any of our sports teams has always been like pulling teeth, even if it’s minor. I understand some things are personal but it seems like everything is top secret.

Reactions: Short-Dawg-69
Doesnt really matter as long as CRod and Smoke stay healthy.
I disagree with your assessment 110%. Stoops wants/needs Wright for 5-7 carries a game even with a healthy RB room.

2nd … your presumption is a very big “If.” I would hate to be in big game between top 10 teams, CRod be knicked up and out of game or series and UK be in a 4th and short situation. I haven’t been overly impressed with our RB’s, but Wright will be missed in situational football.

Reactions: gamecockcat
I disagree with your assessment 110%. Stoops wants/needs Wright for 5-7 carries a game even with a healthy RB room.

2nd … your presumption is a very big “If.” I would hate to be in big game between top 10 teams, CRod be knicked up and out of game or series and UK be in a 4th and short situation. I haven’t been overly impressed with our RB’s, but Wright will be missed in situational football.
Lol I said if they are both healthy and there you go talking about nicked up. Go argue with someone you may stand a chance of winning against. Your barking up the wrong tree with me pal.

He practiced today. Don't expect CR to get all the reps. McClain is working a lot of pass plays. Saw Beckwith getting work with the ones as well.

Reactions: westerncat
Lol I said if they are both healthy and there you go talking about nicked up. Go argue with someone you may stand a chance of winning against. Your barking up the wrong tree with me pal.
Fair! I admit to missing your comment about CRod & Smoke being healthy.

I disagree 100% with not needing Wright if CRod & Smoke remain healthy. I think they need and want Wright to get 5-7 carries a game when RB room is completely healthy. I suspect they view Wright giving CRod a breather, with Smoke & McClain used more in obvious passing downs. They will need Wright even more if we're ahead in late game situations and Stoops wants to just lean on the other team and pound them. That's just my observation. We'll see how snap counts go when they're all healthy, and hopefully that is soon. But ... Wright will be missed this week!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT