ADVERTISEMENT

Not worried about Arkansas one bit

Stanford blew that at the end of regulation. Their 90% or so FT shooter bricked the front end of a 1 and 1 and then the refs made a horrible foul call on them when their guy just went straight up and the Arky guy jumped into him and got the foul call (and made both free throws to tie). Officials are so terrible.

I think aTm and Alabama will be solid. I don't think the SEC is as good as the last couple of years though.

I think it will be better overall.

Outside of us:

A&M, Alabama, and Miss State have been good thus far.

Florida has been way better than expected. Their guards are legit.

South Carolina is improved and has some decent wins.

LSU and Mizzou have been disappointing.

Holding out full judgement on Arkansas and Tennessee for now. Arky has really good pieces but have had serious scoring issues. Tennessee looks to have possibly taken a step back defensively by trying to fix their offense, and I’m not sure what that means for them going forward.

Ole Miss is another interesting team, haven’t watched enough of them yet to form a real opinion.

Last year’s team had plenty of growing pains too though. Muss is notorious for slow starts to the season with so many new pieces.
Council, Black, Walsh, Mitchell and Johnson were all “dogs” . I don’t see many of those types on this year’s team.

Its their super bowl when we go to there.....place will be sold out, honoring someone, human sacrifice, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria!
It will probably be a little more crazy for the Duke and Kentucky games, but Bud Walton Arena has been out for the entire season to season ticket holders since July.

Council, Black, Walsh, Mitchell and Johnson were all “dogs” . I don’t see many of those types on this year’s team.
Mitchell is still there, but yeah most of the bigs are more finesse types. It bothers a lot of Arkansas fans that Muss goes after wingspan and length instead of girth in the paint. Even Brazile is athletic as crap but too skinny to guard most of the mammoth bigs in the SEC. Of course we lead the SEC in blocks right now so maybe there’s some benefit

I think it will be better overall.

Outside of us:

A&M, Alabama, and Miss State have been good thus far.

Florida has been way better than expected. Their guards are legit.

South Carolina is improved and has some decent wins.

LSU and Mizzou have been disappointing.

Holding out full judgement on Arkansas and Tennessee for now. Arky has really good pieces but have had serious scoring issues. Tennessee looks to have possibly taken a step back defensively by trying to fix their offense, and I’m not sure what that means for them going forward.

Ole Miss is another interesting team, haven’t watched enough of them yet to form a real opinion.
Tennessee will again be one of the best teams but they have Barnes so they will win a bunch, look like world beaters and take out a Duke, only to falter down the stretch against a team they should beat.

It will probably be a little more crazy for the Duke and Kentucky games, but Bud Walton Arena has been out for the entire season to season ticket holders since July.
Sold out is completely different than who actually shows up. Louisville used to pull that old trick and brag about sold out arenas every game, then you look in the uppers and its wide open.
Go on StubHub, there will be plenty of tickets available for any game to Ark, UK, etc.

Sold out is completely different than who actually shows up. Louisville used to pull that old trick and brag about sold out arenas every game, then you look in the uppers and its wide open.
Go on StubHub, there will be plenty of tickets available for any game to Ark, UK, etc.
When Auburn was #1 and came to Bud Walton it was the same though, maybe the biggest crowd all year. Of course higher profile games are going to have better attendance that’s true of any sport everywhere.

Bud Walton probably only holds about 10k people if I had to guess without looking it up. Edit: damn it says 19,200. I had no idea it was that size. Yeah no way outside a couple matchups they get that many. I’d say they get close in decent conference matchups at least. But yeah Louisville did that for years but under Pitino a lot did show up, look at it now, it’s deserted.

Reactions: Louis_Skunt
Bud Walton capacity is 19,200 and the average attendance in 2022 that I could find was just over 19,000. I don't know if those numbers are based on tickets sold or actual attendance, but it was sold out last season too.

Obviously, more fans show up for the big games compared to a no name small school, but the original talking point that started this discussion was that there would be some sort of a gimmick or giveaway to make sure that it would be sold out for Kentucky, and I was just making a point that it is always sold out.

Last edited:
Bud Walton capacity is 19,200 and the average attendance in 2022 that I could find was just over 19,000. I don't know if those numbers are based on tickets sold or actual attendance, but it was sold out last season too.

Obviously, more fans show up for the big games compared to a no name small school, but the original talking point that started this discussion was that there would be some sort of a gimmick or giveaway to make sure that it would be sold out for Kentucky, and I was just making a point that it is always sold out.
I’d say Arkansas shows up as well as anyone in college sports for the main three sports when the product is decent. Nebraska has amazing football fans for example but they sure aren’t getting 10,000+ for baseball.

Football has understandably been rough lately but big games like Texas a few years ago still get close to 80,000 when there is some optimism.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT