ADVERTISEMENT

Not gonna lie. Losing Cal so abruptly and the timeliness of it sucked for me. But...

Love Pope's energy and endless work. He will do fine,,,, he did not have a lot of time to put it all together. But, some things I am concerned with :

Least athletic team in years, by a long shot.

Better hope we hit shots (lots of 3's), not going to be much creating / driving , just not athletic / strong enough.

Defense will be the key, IF we are not solid on D, it may be a less than great year.

NOT ready and may never be OK with Pitino coming back. You can't erase what he did at Louisville, my opinion it is a bad look having a
former coach that tainted his legacy with some pretty damning things back at UK.

Not going to pretend it was a "Madness never seen before", actually it was one of the worst. The dunk contest was pretty embarrassing.

I hope I am wrong, but it is my opinion. No way shape or form meant to shit on coach Pope or the team, he did the best he could replacing a whole roster in a short period of time. I am just being honest in my opinion of what I believe.
imo this is a fair post . I didn’t get to watch bbm and don’t really know what to expect from this team ( other than shooting a lot of 3,s) because I haven’t seen one minute of any of these guys on a college basketball court. No matter how the season goes, I’m just happy to be rid of the narcissistic car salesman.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Love Pope's energy and endless work. He will do fine,,,, he did not have a lot of time to put it all together. But, some things I am concerned with :

Least athletic team in years, by a long shot.

Better hope we hit shots (lots of 3's), not going to be much creating / driving , just not athletic / strong enough.

Defense will be the key, IF we are not solid on D, it may be a less than great year.

NOT ready and may never be OK with Pitino coming back. You can't erase what he did at Louisville, my opinion it is a bad look having a
former coach that tainted his legacy with some pretty damning things back at UK.

Not going to pretend it was a "Madness never seen before", actually it was one of the worst. The dunk contest was pretty embarrassing.

I hope I am wrong, but it is my opinion. No way shape or form meant to shit on coach Pope or the team, he did the best he could replacing a whole roster in a short period of time. I am just being honest in my opinion of what I believe.
We’ve been sent home from the tournament many times from teams not very athletic so I think we’ll be fine.

What “sucked” for you was one of the happiest days in my life! lol . I’ll never understand the few of you that were so attached to Cal .
❤️ We might disagree on some things brother but we’ll always have “piss off, Cal!”

These last few months have been pretty freaking awesome!

Mark Pope galvanizing the fanbase.

Pope and staff's tireless work ethic.

Seeing how them being genuine and hard workers resonate with the recruits and their families.

Watching all the former players come together across generations and coaches.

SEEING THE REASON I AM A KENTUCKY FAN.... Rick Pitino back in blue!

Inject this $hit into my veins.
By losing him abruptly, are we speaking in like geologic frames of time or maybe the time frame of say planetary stuff like Uranus?

38-1 established he couldn't coach ? That is an objectively stupid take. Everything may have been real different if not for one rooferee.
The only thing stupid is thinking that he could coach. No other coach in NCAA history has done so little with so much. It is crazy for a coach to brag about the number of his former players who went to the NBA and not have people wondering why such great talent only produced one championship. To make matters worse, he lost the ability to even win conference championships. That isn't a take; it is a fact.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I have to admit, I was a big Cal fan when he was first hired and his first 10 years or so were really fun, along with winning a title and hopes of getting another. But, I was ready for Cal to go the past 5 years and was tired of his coach speak, hearing the same old thing on the radio after games. It was time for him and UK to part ways. I don't hate the guy but I'm happy he's gone. Pope has regenerated all the excitement we used to feel about Kentucky basketball and I sure hope he succeeds. He is a true Cat himself and seems like a super quality person as well. Can't wait for the season and the Pope era to begin.
I don't hate the guy, but it was getting very, very close...if he'd stayed one more year it probably would've done the trick

38-1 established he couldn't coach ? That is an objectively stupid take. Everything may have been real different if not for one rooferee.
This post is the perfect segue into the point I wanted to make: it's going to be refreshing as hell having a coach that isn't universally despised by the officials. I'm looking forward to getting the best whistle we've seen in 15 years. You have to believe refs will find Pope as likeable as everybody else; I expect him to get his fair share of 50-50 calls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT