ADVERTISEMENT

Nonconference Schedule Release

9 of the 13 games are against under-200 NET teams. While I expect we'll take our lumps early, that SOS non-conf shouldn't hurt us too bad. IMO, Pope pretty much gets a pass this year.

Go Cats!!
UL will be higher this year than last so 8 of the 13 which is good when you look at non conf schedules of most of the other top 30 teams play.

I can’t shake the feeling that this team is going to be very good. Butler/Oweh could be the best backcourt in the SEC. Garrison has the makings of a front court beast and will be the first NBA draft pick from this roster next summer.
Lots of experienced 3 point shooters, Williams one of the best shot blockers in the country. 2 Freshman that can compliment this roster and get meaningful minutes. Plus, a coaching staff that can gameplan and put these players in the right places for success.
UK wins the SEC this season

UL will be higher this year than last so 8 of the 13 which is good when you look at non conf schedules of most of the other top 30 teams play.
It’s all a matter of perspective in how you word it. It’ll only be 3 sub 200 teams if you remove UL as one of those as they should be top 50 more than likely.

I’m thinking we finish 9-4 and that’s me trying to be realistic. Duke, at Clemson, and Gonzaga in Seattle will be very tough. We could easily lose those three. Throwing in one more unexpected loss as well.

Wow, which game are you excited to see at Rupp Arena. Bucknell? Colgate?

We saved paying Cal 5 million dollars. You'd think that money grubber Mitch could afford to enter a home and home with somebody decent. You play games for exciting basketball. Not to best up little sister's of the poor so you can hoard ticket dollars for yourself.

This administration rewards New Yorkers with in person Kentucky basketball more than students or Kentucky fans.

Cue December questions of why the stadium is empty and NIL dollars are light. I hope Kyle Tucker tweets empty seat pictures all season long.

Wow, which game are you excited to see at Rupp Arena. Bucknell? Colgate?

We saved paying Cal 5 million dollars. You'd think that money grubber Mitch could afford to enter a home and home with somebody decent. You play games for exciting basketball. Not to best up little sister's of the poor so you can hoard ticket dollars for yourself.

This administration rewards New Yorkers with in person Kentucky basketball more than students or Kentucky fans.

Cue December questions of why the stadium is empty and NIL dollars are light. I hope Kyle Tucker tweets empty seat pictures all season long.

It's UL and WKU and that's about it.

We usually play two power 5 (or 6 n bball) teams at home each season.

For some complaining, some of these were already locked in before Pope go the job. They couldn't just break all the contracts. I think it'll be at least another year before the schedule is fully what he wants.

But considering he is new and literally our entire team is new, I think it is a great schedule. Beat some of the good teams, blast all the bad teams and your record will be good, and the NET will be just fine. The SEC will be tough again and there will be plenty of opportunities for Q1 wins.

11-2 at worst, or some fans on here will be calling for Pope's head.
I'd say 10-3 is the worst possible scenario so I'd be okay but not thrilled with 11-2. 12-1 would thrill me...unless the loss was to UL.
Nah, just kidding, I'd still be thrilled with 12-1.

11-2 at worst, or some fans on here will be calling for Pope's head.

Well, this is the premier program in all of college basketball. We sit at the top in the most NCAA categories and have the most top 5 placements in all D1 categories as well. It’s not going to go smooth for a coach who isn’t winning at a high level. That’s why Calipari was tossed to Arkansas and replaced even with his reputation and history.

It’s the nature of the breast and that’s how we want it or we won’t be the best. Yea it can get a little rough at times but again that’s the nature of it and that’s how it works especially for the top 2 spots in every sport at the college level.

I don’t know, it’s like some just want average support and an average place in the sport. To me I’d root for Louisville or maybe even Ohio State or Illinois if the demanding nature of the program is too much. Not saying you’re complaining but we seem to have many who don’t like that about this fanbase. Shit I love it, win or get out of that seat. It’s pretty simple really.

Pope should and will get plenty of time within reason but we really lost ground Cals last 5 years. We can’t wait that long, he’s gotta win big and pretty quick.

And the schedule is decently nice, seems like it’s better than we’ve had the last 5-7 years. Not sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: RunninRichie
Ya pretty damn boring - I’d imagine it takes a couple years for a new coach to start impacting the schedule but this seems to be the norm for big schools nowadays unfortunately.

Well, this is the premier program in all of college basketball. We sit at the top in the most NCAA categories and have the most top 5 placements in all D1 categories as well. It’s not going to go smooth for a coach who isn’t winning at a high level. That’s why Calipari was tossed to Arkansas and replaced even with his reputation and history.

It’s the nature of the breast and that’s how we want it or we won’t be the best. Yea it can get a little rough at times but again that’s the nature of it and that’s how it works especially for the top 2 spots in every sport at the college level.

I don’t know, it’s like some just want average support and an average place in the sport. To me I’d root for Louisville or maybe even Ohio State or Illinois if the demanding nature of the program is too much. Not saying you’re complaining but we seem to have many who don’t like that about this fanbase. Shit I love it, win or get out of that seat. It’s pretty simple really.

Pope should and will get plenty of time within reason but we really lost ground Cals last 5 years. We can’t wait that long, he’s gotta win big and pretty quick.

And the schedule is decently nice, seems like it’s better than we’ve had the last 5-7 years. Not sure.
Yeah even Pitino went 14-14 his first season, after inheriting a bare cupboard. If CMP hits 20 wins this year after starting with literally ZERO players, that's acceptable for me.

Wright State 18-14 Horizon. Should be a easy 15 plus point win.
Bucknell 14-19 Patriot. Easy 20 plus point win.
Duke in Atlanta 27-9 ACC E8. I think we get them this early in the season due to our experience by 5.
Lipscomb 20-12 Asun. 10 plus point win.
Jackson State 15-17 SWAC. 20 plus point win.
Western KY 22-12 Cusa R64. Id Western will be fired up to play in Rupp but we should still win but it might be a little closer then we like.
Georgia State 14-17 Sun Belt. Easy 20 plus point win.
@Clemson 24-12 ACC E8. Gonna be a tough game I say we drop it by 3.
Gonzaga in Seattle 27-8 WCC S16. We owe them win by 6.
Colgate 25-10 Patriot R64. Tougher then expected but we win by 8.
Louisville 8-24 ACC. Gonna be a battle but we pull away by 10.
Ohio State in NY 22-14 Big Ten. We roll over them by 13.
Brown 13-18 Ivy. Easiest game we have 20 plus point win.

12-1

Last edited:
11-2 I will be very happy. 10-3 I will be OK, 9-4 I will have serious questions. New team, lots of new moving parts. Personally, I am glad we have a few easier games to get our team aligned and gelling. I do not think 12-1 should be a reasonable expectation. I would gladly take it, obviously, but some tough road games as mentioned. Duke is Duke, Louisville will bring it, no 15-20 boat race this year.

Well you can't expect a complete fix overnight. He will need a little time to put his plan / scheme into effect. You do not just flip a switch and be Final 4 bound. Patience for a good part of the year will be needed. Now into the SEC schedule if the team does not make serious strides and show they are a team to reckon with, then he deserves all the criticism he will get. This is a nicely constructed roster and talent / depth top to bottom of the roster. I am not to worried about the first 15 games, the last 15 is what I am going to be watching very closely. 9-4 in the OOC schedule and .500 or so in conference, there will be serious questions asked, and should be. He CAN NOT lose 13/14 games, nor do I think he will. 8, 9 losses at the most or he will quickly feel the heat. He was a sort of a gamble hire, he needs to come out and prove he is the right hire for the job, if not, 2 years and we will be looking around for a replacement.

For some complaining, some of these were already locked in before Pope go the job. They couldn't just break all the contracts. I think it'll be at least another year before the schedule is fully what he wants.

But considering he is new and literally our entire team is new, I think it is a great schedule. Beat some of the good teams, blast all the bad teams and your record will be good, and the NET will be just fine. The SEC will be tough again and there will be plenty of opportunities for Q1 wins.
Next year assuming I’m not missing anything, the non con will have:
Michigan St- neutral
Indiana- December 20th at Rupp
ACC Challenge game at Rupp
Louisville- road
Gonzaga- Nashville
UCLA- neutral CBS sports classic
And semi confirmed Saint Johns at Rupp

That’s pretty loaded, especially if we get a bigger name than Clemson in the ACC challenge.

Thinking 11-2, but Duke, Clemson, Gonzaga, and Ohio St are all going to be tough games. Thinking 12-6 in SEC play. Will probably need to win the SECT to avoid a ten loss season. Exceeding expectations would be something like 12-1 and then 14-4 and winning the SECT, so 29-5 going into the dance.

Yeah even Pitino went 14-14 his first season, after inheriting a bare cupboard. If CMP hits 20 wins this year after starting with literally ZERO players, that's acceptable for me.
Same for Pat Kelsey, Calipari, and a few other new coaches. This year doesn’t count.

Thinking 11-2, but Duke, Clemson, Gonzaga, and Ohio St are all going to be tough games. Thinking 12-6 in SEC play. Will probably need to win the SECT to avoid a ten loss season. Exceeding expectations would be something like 12-1 and then 14-4 and winning the SECT, so 29-5 going into the dance.
That's a 1 seed right there. Not gonna happen.

Next year assuming I’m not missing anything, the non con will have:
Michigan St- neutral
Indiana- December 20th at Rupp
ACC Challenge game at Rupp
Louisville- road
Gonzaga- Nashville
UCLA- neutral CBS sports classic
And semi confirmed Saint Johns at Rupp

That’s pretty loaded, especially if we get a bigger name than Clemson in the ACC challenge.
I thought the Loosers from Bloomington didn’t start till like 2029 or something?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT