ADVERTISEMENT

No Recruiting News?

The early NSD, the early transfer portal window and the accelerated coaching carousel around that same time period has sucked all the oxygen out of the off-season period once all the bowl games have been played.

We might sign one or two young men in the late signing period….. we’ll see.

There used to be threads about Junior Days but we haven’t heard much about that lately either.

Probably won’t be too much of any substance until Spring Football. I may have to break down and head over to Rafters LOL.

Reactions: hmt5000
Pretty typical for January. Other than the possible addition in the second signing period there won’t be much. Now there’s the chance of some portal news with Michigan needing a coach but it sounds like it will an internal hire so I won’t expect too much roster loss on their end.

With the transfer portal and early signing period, the late one is basically pickin the bones to see what’s out there. Not a lot.
I saw one "expert" predict the 'diamond in the rough' kids were going to be a lot more common at small schools. Nobody is taking the last 2 or 3 guys on their list anymore. Everyone is saving those spots for transfers. Better to let the 2* kid go to Idaho for 2 years then get him as a transfer than invest in him for 2 years then risk losing him to transfer. LOL.

I laffed when I read it last year but I'll be danged if that isn't what we've seen this year.

Reactions: vhcat70 and catben
This site is getting really stale...no scoop? Rumors? Anything except Coen, or what weve seen the last week or two
Kentucky is likely to sign one of the country's best players next season, Martels Carter, jr. His top three are Oregon, Clemson, and Kentucky, with the Wildcats the huge favorite. Carter plays wide receiver and safety, and reportedly runs a 4.3 40 yard dash.

Paste and Go to

Head scratcher.
agree

Run blocker TE: Kattus and LeMaster
Passing TE: Anderson and Dingle
Willie Rodriuguez is also a hybrid TE as well.

Barring a transfer that we don't know about....not sure what a transfer TE into UK does.

Not really.
This guy is an in line mauler that will be great in the run game.
Think Bates but better blocker and a tick faster.
We don’t really have another TE like this although Kattus is close
Considered that but this guy is a Senior, assume a grad student, who caught 2 career passes for 15 yards and mostly saw action on STs. Does have nice size, I'll give him that.

agree

Run blocker TE: Kattus and LeMaster
Passing TE: Anderson and Dingle
Willie Rodriuguez is also a hybrid TE as well.

Barring a transfer that we don't know about....not sure what a transfer TE into UK does.
Actually first thing I thought of was a TE is going to haul.

Marrow has formed a great relationship with four star Dante McClellan. Always have a shot with Marrow. He was ranked the 10th best recruiter in the nation by 247.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT