ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Peach Jam over: 2024, 2025, 2026 targets recruiting followup

Do we know who leads for Ament?

Might be my favorite target of guys I think there’s at least some chance of getting. When I see the box scores he always seems to produce in an efficient matter. He also has that tall, skinny, skilled thing that the NBA loves so he could add NBA credibility for Pope quickly.

Think he could be intrigued by the system fit, stretch 4 role, and the complete openness on the roster at the 4 spot.

Bigs that can pass and shoot flourish in pope's offense, including Ament. Problem is that byu is an under the radar place to show that. Once people see pope and which players flourish it will get easier to recruit. So right now is the toughest time for pope as far as recruiting. So I'm choosing to be patient with this.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Coach from UK was at NBA Academy Event where 6'10 Tommy Ahneman was playing against an African team. UK has been in touch and monitoring. He's blown up this Spring/Summer.

Who do you like In this class that we have a decent shot with? I’d love to get Nate Ament. He’s a little skinny but I love his game. I would love to pull Peterson as well as a top option. He is an Adidas kid with a strong tie to Kansas though. It is encouraging that he wants to make a return trip here and get to know this staff. If we get a visit we could be a serious option again.

More realistic guys I like Johnson, Chris Cenac, Tounde Yessoufou, Jerry Easter, and Braylon Mullins for the guys I’ve watched recently that we have recruited a little. A lot of recruiters like Moreno but his turnover problems kinda worry me, and he’s not a good spot up shooter. What do you think about him? Also Acaden Lewis is shooting up the rankings. He is a little small and I don’t know how he is defensively, but his offensive game is very nice and can score all over the floor with both hands around the basket.

Last edited:
Who do you like In this class that we have a decent shot with? I’d love to get Nate Ament. He’s a little skinny but I love his game. I would love to pull Peterson as well as a top option. He is an Adidas kid with a strong tie to Kansas though. It is encouraging that he wants to make a return trip here and get to know this staff. If we get a visit we could be a serious option again.

More realistic guys I like Johnson, Chris Cenac, Tounde Yessoufou, Jerry Easter, and Braylon Mullins for the guys I’ve watched recently that we have recruited a little. A lot of recruiters like Moreno but his turnover problems kinda worry me, and he’s not a good spot up shooter. What do you think about him? Also Acaden Lewis is shooting up the rankings. He is a little small and I don’t know how he is defensively, but his offensive game is very nice and can score all over the floor with both hands around the basket.
I like Peterson a lot but he's not a PG. That talk is insanity. Thing is, Pope's system is about as friendly as it gets of the schools recruiting him of not being so reliant on a true PG-he can play with the ball/off the ball more in the NBA friendly system. Kansas/Ohio State are going to have true PG's-which I understand and personally prefer.

I love Ament, and I'm far higher on Magwood then most. I think he's going to be a big time player in CBB. Also love Mikel Brown but feel Kentucky is fighting from behind as Alabama has led for 2 yrs with him.

Cenac is one UK has a leg up on as Brooks had relationship prior to coming to UK and he's blown up this Spring.

Lewis plays a lot like Tristen Newton from UConn--and is 6'3 so he's big enough.

Easter and UK aren't happening-they liked him but going in another direction.

Yesseoufou is just a warrior--brings intensity and physical play along with skill.

I like Moreno as a fit with how UK will be playing and in this class the 5 spot is only spot lacking in terms of depth of prospects-so if you can land him, take him.

Not as high on Jasper Johnson as others and that will irritate some which is fine. Everyone has different takes. Think UK would have plenty of options available and I like Mullins more than Johnson personally and don't see Jasper as a PG either.

I like Peterson a lot but he's not a PG. That talk is insanity. Thing is, Pope's system is about as friendly as it gets of the schools recruiting him of not being so reliant on a true PG-he can play with the ball/off the ball more in the NBA friendly system. Kansas/Ohio State are going to have true PG's-which I understand and personally prefer.

I love Ament, and I'm far higher on Magwood then most. I think he's going to be a big time player in CBB. Also love Mikel Brown but feel Kentucky is fighting from behind as Alabama has led for 2 yrs with him.

Cenac is one UK has a leg up on as Brooks had relationship prior to coming to UK and he's blown up this Spring.

Lewis plays a lot like Tristen Newton from UConn--and is 6'3 so he's big enough.

Yesseoufou is just a warrior--brings intensity and physical play along with skill.

I like Moreno as a fit with how UK will be playing and in this class the 5 spot is only spot lacking in terms of depth of prospects-so if you can land him, take him.

Not as high on Jasper Johnson as others and that will irritate some which is fine. Everyone has different takes. Think UK would have plenty of options available and I like Mullins more than Johnson personally and don't see Jasper as a PG either.
Thank you. One of my buddies in Lexington is hearing a lot more pro-uk chatter on Moreno of late. That would be fine with me. I have the same concerns on Peterson. I would put yesseoufou and cenac in the love to have them category, both are complete winners. I've not seen enough of how magwood distributes the ball to know if I want him. Lewis seems like a versatile combo, which is always a good thing. I know Easter was really interested in UK but pope must think they have a great shot at Lewis. Exciting times.

Frank Mason, Devonte Graham, Russell Robinson, Elmarko Jackson, Remy Martin, Elijah Johnson, Sheron Collins, Tyshawn Taylor etc all played point guard at Kansas and all were combo guards. So, Kansas’s system will be just fine with Peterson as a primary ball handler.

Frank Mason, Devonte Graham, Russell Robinson, Elmarko Jackson, Remy Martin, Elijah Johnson, Sheron Collins, Tyshawn Taylor etc all played point guard at Kansas and all were combo guards. So, Kansas’s system will be just fine with Peterson as a primary ball handler.
Those guys were all playing that way through HS basketball. All of them. They handled the ball. Peterson has been a wing and his Dad is insistent on making him a PG. He's not a PG. He doesn't make anyone better when he has the ball and he's wired to score. But continue to disagree. This is what happens when fans don't watch players. Peterson is nothing like anyone you just mentioned on the litany of KU guards. There's a reason nobody wants to play with him in AAU/HS since he's insistent on being a PG. He's a great talent but wired to score, not distribute/share. Much like a DJ Wagner only Peterson is far more talented and a better shooter.

Love to see Moreno having a big game against one of the top teams in AAU and top bigs in Koa Peat. His team making the championship vs potentially Ament and Magwood be another must follow matchup.

“It’s been going well,” Moreno said of his conversations with Kentucky. “I’ve been talking with (Mark) Pope every week, I talk to Coach (Cody) Fueger a lot, Coach (Alvin) Brooks. It’s been tight. I go up there every now and then just to check out practice, say what’s up to my friends Trent (Noah) and Travis (Perry). But it’s all love there and excited to see where it goes in the future.”

Agree 100%. What are you hearing on Mullins? He continues to impress. He an Moreno also seem to have a good relationship.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT