ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Peach Jam over: 2024, 2025, 2026 targets recruiting followup

On3 MVP: 4-Star C Malachi Moreno (2025)

Malachi Moreno is tall, and that goes without saying. But he also knows how to use his height to his advantage. Moreno is listed at 7-foot-1; he has excellent hands and is mobile with a loose frame. He tracks the ball well on the boards, high-pointing the ball in traffic. Moreno will need to continue adding strength, which will help him establish and hold his position on the block. Moreno plays with control and balance. He stretched the floor with a pick-and-pop three and finished with both hands around the basket. His championship performance was a very well-run clinic that he put on around the basket. He finished with 24 points, 25 rebounds, and two blocks in the championship game. The event’s Most Outstanding Player’s three-game rebound total of 54 put him at No. 3 in the event’s 43-year history.

UK signees/recruits on City of Palms All Tournament team.

Darius Acuff, IMG Academy: The 6’3 junior is the straw that stirs the drink for the Ascenders. On a team with very talented players, it is clear that Acuff is the “alpha dog” of this group. He led the squad in both scoring and assists over the course of four games. Acuff is also a good rebounder from the guard spot, averaging over five a contest for the week. His three-point shot needs to improve in its consistency but no doubt that should come in time.

Boogie Fland, Archbishop Stepanic: The 6’3 senior did all he could for Stepanic in their two games in Fort Myers. Given a bye into the quarter-finals, they had the unfortunate task of facing a dynamic Montverde team in their first game. Fland did all he could, scoring 23 points while no other teammate could muster more than six points in a large loss. Fland put up 25 points the next night against IMG and got a little more help, but Stepanic still couldn’t avoid a double-digit loss. Fland is a scoring point guard that will get buckets for himself and his teammates. He should fit in well at Kentucky next season.

Travis Perry, Lyon County: The 6’2 senior heading to Kentucky put on a show in the Small Town Signature Series: He dropped thirty in an opening beatdown of Lexington out of South Carolina. In the title game against Buckhorn out of Alabama, he pumped in forty in a 29-point victory. Perry isn’t just a catch-and-shoot wonder. He handles the ball well, sees the floor, makes good decisions, gets to and scores creatively at the rim. Perry has a good team around him and the group as a whole is fun to watch. Our guess is they could have held their own against some of the teams in the main bracket.

V.J. Edgecomb, Long Island Lutheran: The 6’5 senior was LuHi’s leading scorer over the team’s run to the title game. A slasher with great body control and finishing touch in traffic at the rim, Edgecomb had more than a few eye-popping moments. Up until the title game, he was fairly efficient from the field. He will need to continue working to upgrade the consistency of his shot behind the arc for the next level. His six steals against Link Academy in the semis was impressive.

How about a program like Kentucky, you visited them already, what has been their message to you early in your recruitment?

“A program like Kentucky, which is sending a lot of people to the NBA, and that’s my dream, their message to me is I’m a guard from Kentucky and they think I can be real good and that I would be a good fit for them.”

Last edited:
Reactions: UK67KU59
How about a program like Kentucky, you visited them already, what has been their message to you early in your recruitment?

“A program like Kentucky, which is sending a lot of people to the NBA, and that’s my dream, their message to me is I’m a guard from Kentucky and they think I can be real good and that I would be a good fit for them.”

OT. Didn't realize Kobe had a nephew. (No interest from UK I know of). 4-star WR in football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT