ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Peach Jam over: 2024, 2025, 2026 targets recruiting followup

Well he's gotten his ass handed to him. I mean I post his stats good/bad. He's sucked most of the EYBL but I posted his one good game and I've stated I think he's a guy who can be a good 4 yr CBB player and now it's I'm crazy for saying I don't think he's Top 100? I mean I don't. I think he's been gifted a lot of favor due to his last name and his Dad. I call it like I see it. I don't have any favorites and if you play well/shitty, it gets called as is. Who do you like him more than?
Cmon, yes you post his stats good/bad but you also seem to take a shot at him along with it every chance you get, it is clear you are not a fan of him, which is ok, there isnt really anything wrong with that. Yes I do consider it kind of crazy, when you have guys with no alliegnece to prop him up like Jonathan Givony saying he "improves every time I see him". I wouldnt say he has "sucked" most of EYBL either, I have watched a good few of his games and the stats might not show it, but he has been playing pretty good. And I would take him over basically anyone in the bottom 25 of the top 100 to answer your last question, mainly due to the fact that I think he has the potential to be the best defensive guard in the class.

• Haha
Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
Karter Knox numbers were 9 pts 5 rebs on 3-11 0-4 3pt 0-3 FT (that aspect of his PJ Washington imitation has to improve)

Mookie Cook had a monster stat game in Oakland Soldiers 4 pt win over Indy Heat to offset Jeremy Fears triple double--13-10-10.

Cook had 16 pts 18 rebs and 3 assits on 7-18 FG, 0-3 3pt and 2-8 FT.

Tahaad Pettiford had a quiet game for him but balanced scoring from team got them a nice 12 pt win over Livon Fleur De Lis.

Pettiford had 8 pts 3 rebs and 2 assists 3-10 2-7 3pt

Reactions: Fox2monk
I don't see anything that is Top 100. That doesn't mean I don't think he can be a good CBB player. I take shots because of the media/hype but also when guys don't play great but everyone wants to find a rainbow shooting out the guy's ass to cover for their hype based on everything but what he's done. This is a guy who was being placed in Top 5 of this class due to being Lebron's son, not his own game. I think he's a good defensive player too. That will come off the bench in college and has a chance to develop into a player if we're being honest. The talk of his Dad waiting to play with him in the NBA is insanity right now. That is unless Lebron buys a team and drafts him because as it stands now, he's not close to being an NBA prospect. He can change that, but does he have motivation to do so? He could easily be doing anything else and doesn't need basketball.

I fire shots at Mgbako too. I mean if you shoot around 10% from 3pt range in EYBL....it's not a great look for a guy who is seen as a possible #1 player in Country. It's all in fun/not personal but #1 players in the country who are seen as SF can shoot the ball. Mgbako at PF--LOVE. When he gets behind the 3pt line or attempts to dribble or pass, it can get ugly. He needs to live in gym and work on his game. When he does, I'll praise him.

But I don't dick ride players like the media does. (not saying you do either). But there are certainly some guys who get bumped based on where they commit and no need to start on the weirdos who love Lebron so much they can't even hold a conversation if you dare criticize anything James related. I don't think Dillingham has played bad, but his shot has stunk the last 2 weeks--thought his jumper looked better last weekend and had some tough misses but today and yesterday was ugly.
Fair enough, I agree he was overrated in his early HS days like u mentioned when he was around top 5, but I feel like evaluators have caught up to him and now have him in a good spot.

Justin Edwards had 17 pts 13 rebs in the 3 pt win over CP3. He shot 7-16 FG, 2-6 3pt, 1-2 FT.

Thought Ahmad Nowell hit some big shots/made key plays to help Team Final win. Nowell is a '24 combo guard.

Robert Dillingham had bad shooting game and decent floor game. 10 pts 3 rebs and 4 assists on 3-12 1-8 3pt and 3-4 FT.

The trio of Dillingham/GG Jackson/Aden Holloway combined to go 11-39 from field and 3 for 17 from 3pt line

Fair enough, I agree he was overrated in his early HS days like u mentioned when he was around top 5, but I feel like evaluators have caught up to him and now have him in a good spot.
I think you have a better assessment of him then some of the evaluators. I like the guys who do talk of his defense because I'm with you there-he's an excellent man to man defensive player and he's given DJ Wagner issues each time they've matched up due to his defense. There's another case though--media shows Wagner's shot on him one on one but really he did a nice job in that game defensively and again when they matched up in Louisville.

Bradley Beal Elite beats NJ Scholars by 5 in a fun game to watch.

DJ Wagner had 14 pts, 5 rebs and 4 assists. 6-17 FG, 0-3 3pt 2-2 FT

Aaron Bradshaw had 14 pts 6 rebs 1 assist on 7-9 FG

Mackenzie Mgbako had 18 pts 4 rebs 1 assist. 7-15 FG, 2-5 3pt 2-2 FT.

Mgbako kept Scholars in game with clutch back to back 3's and then for some weird reason never touched the ball again with a chance to shoot. Strange. I've given Mgbako crap for his rancid shooting during EYBL and it's not teasing a Duke recruit, it's truly been warranted due to horrible percentages, but he was money when it mattered. So of course they don't get him ball and go away from him.

DJ Wagner was pressing too much IMO. One thing he's got to improve is his 3pt shot. If he can't hit that--it doesn't help his mid range which is his best asset as a scorer because he's not an elite athlete or finisher at rim. He's a guard who will get a lot of calls going to the hoop but as he climbs levels he needs to offset not having elite quickness/speed/athleticism with more consistent jumpshot.

Another odd sequence in the game was with NJ Scholars down 2 and BBE having ball under the hoop with 4 on shot clock--they got caught in a cross match for a simple direct lob pass to score over the little guard #32. Then on their possession they ended up with Medley #5 taking a horrible 3pt shot. Just odd to see some of the decisions allowed in this level but they are teenagers and best thing about them is when they get older. LOL

Reactions: Smashcat
This has to be one of the worst Peach Jams for UK fans. Guys we’re recruiting I can only think of three with Bradshaw, Wagner, and Edwards with one lone commitment. Not much to flip between of all these different games unless going to the younger kids. The basketball is so bad at the U17 level, I can’t go even younger.

I did see Edwards shared a graphic of his decision next Monday at 7 on CBS Sports HQ with 247 Sports. I think Branham usually leads those and he just logged a pick for UK here recently…

Has there been any talk of a DJ announcement? I know there were some Peach Jam rumors but it’s hard to ever hear much from them directly.

This has to be one of the worst Peach Jams for UK fans. Guys we’re recruiting I can only think of three with Bradshaw, Wagner, and Edwards with one lone commitment. Not much to flip between of all these different games unless going to the younger kids. The basketball is so bad at the U17 level, I can’t go even younger.

I did see Edwards shared a graphic of his decision next Monday at 7 on CBS Sports HQ with 247 Sports. I think Branham usually leads those and he just logged a pick for UK here recently…

Has there been any talk of a DJ announcement? I know there were some Peach Jam rumors but it’s hard to ever hear much from them directly.
Chris Fischer made a pick for Kentucky to and he usually only does that if he is really confident or has heard something

Bradley Beal Elite beats NJ Scholars by 5 in a fun game to watch.

DJ Wagner had 14 pts, 5 rebs and 4 assists. 6-17 FG, 0-3 3pt 2-2 FT

Aaron Bradshaw had 14 pts 6 rebs 1 assist on 7-9 FG

Mackenzie Mgbako had 18 pts 4 rebs 1 assist. 7-15 FG, 2-5 3pt 2-2 FT.

Mgbako kept Scholars in game with clutch back to back 3's and then for some weird reason never touched the ball again with a chance to shoot. Strange. I've given Mgbako crap for his rancid shooting during EYBL and it's not teasing a Duke recruit, it's truly been warranted due to horrible percentages, but he was money when it mattered. So of course they don't get him ball and go away from him.

DJ Wagner was pressing too much IMO. One thing he's got to improve is his 3pt shot. If he can't hit that--it doesn't help his mid range which is his best asset as a scorer because he's not an elite athlete or finisher at rim. He's a guard who will get a lot of calls going to the hoop but as he climbs levels he needs to offset not having elite quickness/speed/athleticism with more consistent jumpshot.

Another odd sequence in the game was with NJ Scholars down 2 and BBE having ball under the hoop with 4 on shot clock--they got caught in a cross match for a simple direct lob pass to score over the little guard #32. Then on their possession they ended up with Medley #5 taking a horrible 3pt shot. Just odd to see some of the decisions allowed in this level but they are teenagers and best thing about them is when they get older. LOL
I agree 100% on Wagner . I think what made him so special as a young player was how mature and crafty his game was but at that age athleticism wasn’t required . Now it’s getting to the point where the craftiness and finishing around the rim like he has been doing will be tough some games with him being 6’3 without elite athleticism. I definitely agree with you on the outside shot . He has to improve some there .

Last edited:

Eh that’s enough for me. I do hate some of them are at the same time .

I want to watch Tre Johnson more but his games are usually at the same time of one of the 23 class guys

Why is the Peach Jam a full week this year? Understood last year due to giving CBB coaches more time to do Live Evaluations but this year it seems to be overkill. They've had the 4 Sessions as they always have for their "regular season" and now these games prior to the Live Period? Why? They cut the teams in 15U/16U way down...but this is just been strange AAU season overall. Seems to be longer than usual and think that's just because we've dumped Covid restrictions and are back on normal schedule for recruiting junkies.

So how many threes have Wagner and Dillingham made combined in this tourny? It is just amazing that the top players in the country especially PG’s literally can not hit a three.

If Wagner doesn't want to join UK's '23 class, I'd be shocked if they didn't get Ian Jackson to do so via reclassifying and he's the age that it would make sense too. For any sour grapes people, I'm consistent in saying he's a better player IMO. I mean he's the #1 player in country in '24 right now so it's not like I'm being controversial.
If that happens it feels good to be able to have these options again.

I don't see anything that is Top 100. That doesn't mean I don't think he can be a good CBB player. I take shots because of the media/hype but also when guys don't play great but everyone wants to find a rainbow shooting out the guy's ass to cover for their hype based on everything but what he's done. This is a guy who was being placed in Top 5 of this class due to being Lebron's son, not his own game. I think he's a good defensive player too. That will come off the bench in college and has a chance to develop into a player if we're being honest. The talk of his Dad waiting to play with him in the NBA is insanity right now. That is unless Lebron buys a team and drafts him because as it stands now, he's not close to being an NBA prospect. He can change that, but does he have motivation to do so? He could easily be doing anything else and doesn't need basketball.

I fire shots at Mgbako too. I mean if you shoot around 10% from 3pt range in EYBL....it's not a great look for a guy who is seen as a possible #1 player in Country. It's all in fun/not personal but #1 players in the country who are seen as SF can shoot the ball. Mgbako at PF--LOVE. When he gets behind the 3pt line or attempts to dribble or pass, it can get ugly. He needs to live in gym and work on his game. When he does, I'll praise him.

But I don't dick ride players like the media does. (not saying you do either). But there are certainly some guys who get bumped based on where they commit and no need to start on the weirdos who love Lebron so much they can't even hold a conversation if you dare criticize anything James related. I don't think Dillingham has played bad, but his shot has stunk the last 2 weeks--thought his jumper looked better last weekend and had some tough misses but today and yesterday was ugly.
I agree, Bronny is the most overhyped player I’ve seen in a long while. If his last name wasn’t James he would be sniffing EYBL honestly. His ranking is a joke.

Reactions: gharding07
So easy to get to the free site to watch the games on the Nike eyeball site. But with no announcers and three games playing at once, it was so hard to figure out the schedule of teams and who the heck was playing and how to look for the big recruits. I even had to google CP3 roosters several times to figure out Dillingham was number 2.

I haven’t been watching these games, is Wagner still dominating and just missing shots or have other players caught up or passed him?
He played great the first 3 sessions. He didn’t play the last session . This current session he has been okay at best but none of the top guys seem to be lighting it up .

Ha, WHat a tone deaf statement by this player. Not only are his two guys no where near each other.. But one is considered one of the biggest piece of shit players in the last 25 years of college basketball.
You can model your game after multiple players . Doesn’t mean you’re gonna play exactly like them . It’s pretty obvious he was a Duke fan growing up so he’s not gonna care that Allen was an asshole

Reactions: STL_Cat
You can model your game after multiple players . Doesn’t mean you’re gonna play exactly like them . It’s pretty obvious he was a Duke fan growing up so he’s not gonna care that Allen was an asshole

He was what.. 9 when Grayson Allen last played a college game? I get listing off all the greats who played at Duke. Not only was Grayson not one of them, but again, he's literally the worst human being to step on the college basketball court in 25 years. Even Laettner, who was well hated, was largely hated because he was a bad guy AND he was legit. Grayson has never been "legit". He is known for tripping half a dozen players and throwing tantrums.

But I guess you're then right.. Sounds like he just likes Duke, no matter what. I wonder if he had the Men's Lacrosse Team poster on his wall...

He was what.. 9 when Grayson Allen last played a college game? I get listing off all the greats who played at Duke. Not only was Grayson not one of them, but again, he's literally the worst human being to step on the college basketball court in 25 years. Even Laettner, who was well hated, was largely hated because he was a bad guy AND he was legit. Grayson has never been "legit". He is known for tripping half a dozen players and throwing tantrums.

But I guess you're then right.. Sounds like he just likes Duke, no matter what. I wonder if he had the Men's Lacrosse Team poster on his wall...
I mean he’s 15 now . That was 4 years ago and there is things like YouTube . I mean it’s pretty obvious he’s a Duke fan .

I don’t care for Grayson Allen he is a dickhead but he was a good player . It’s not like he made it to Duke by just tripping guys.

Now let me go throw up

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT