ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Peach Jam over; 2023, 2024, 2025 targets recruiting followup

10 ppg. Hell of a lot better than Ugo, Z or AB.
Watch him play, it's really not. How he gets that 10 ppg is a rough watch. But he will play hard, defend, and DUNK everything which would be a welcome sight again. However, Somto dunks everything is a younger version of Cliff. So have to see how things play out.

The inevitable "There will be a lot of Big names" in the Portal is coming out from CBB media.

As depressed as I am, saw that The Throne Event that was held last year in Atlanta will be in NJ and starts tomorrow and goes through weekend. Will be broadcast on NBA TV for those who have any interest.

Billy Richmond is in the event with Camden, Boozer Twins are in it with Columbus but also a few teams who could have players but not sure like FL Rebels (not sure if Knox moonlights with them now he's done with OTE or if Caleb Wilson who showed up for a televised AAU event is with them here)

Ace Bailey is there too and he's a great watch for those who haven't seen him play.

Next week we've got McDonald's AA Scrimmage/Game and then Geico Nationals which I think is under a different sponsor (Chipotle, I believe) so just giving some heads up for anyone interested.

Tipton on AJ Dybantsa.

It’s still early, but I like Kentucky’s chances as they always have success with highly-touted recruits. North Carolina is another school I would watch.

With the G-League Ignite dissolving over this season, this only helps colleges chances in landing him, including U
K.

Last edited:
What's the word on McNeely?
He's got the McDonald's AA game upcoming and then formerly Geico Nationals (now I think it's Chipotle sponsored) next weekend. After that his recruitment should take center stage. Probably get some school talk from him at McDonald's Practices/Scrimmage/Game and at Nationals.

Reactions: Smashcat
McDonalds schedule:
Sunday: McDonald's All-American scrimmage (4 p.m. ET on ESPN+)
Monday: McDonald's Powerade Jam Fest (7:30 p.m. ET on ESPN2)
Tuesday: McDonald's All American girls game (6:30 p.m. on ESPN2), McDonald's All Game boys game (9 p.m. ET on ESPN)

Reactions: University-6
From the Scrimmage:

10. 4-Star PG Boogie Fland – Kentucky​

Boogie Fland has a presence about him, a leadership “it-factor” that he carries everywhere he goes. From the second he steps on the floor, he has a commanding presence, and he is very vocal, always in a positive way. Fland attacked the paint and was able to make plays here. He used a good change-of-pace and delivered passes on target and on time. While his shot was not falling, he did draw contact to get to the free-throw line. He also used quick hands and anticipation to be a disruptor on the defensive end.

Five-Star Plus+ C Jayden Quaintance (Kentucky) is bigger, stronger, more explosive, and younger than anyone else in this event. He is still finding his footing here, but when he pops it is very loud. The two-way ceiling is very high here.

4-star SF Karter Knox (Kentucky) has a physical frame, with strength and a nice explosion. He is at his best in transition, but he did show upside creating space on the offensive end.

Reactions: University-6
From the Scrimmage:

10. 4-Star PG Boogie Fland – Kentucky​

Boogie Fland has a presence about him, a leadership “it-factor” that he carries everywhere he goes. From the second he steps on the floor, he has a commanding presence, and he is very vocal, always in a positive way. Fland attacked the paint and was able to make plays here. He used a good change-of-pace and delivered passes on target and on time. While his shot was not falling, he did draw contact to get to the free-throw line. He also used quick hands and anticipation to be a disruptor on the defensive end.

Five-Star Plus+ C Jayden Quaintance (Kentucky) is bigger, stronger, more explosive, and younger than anyone else in this event. He is still finding his footing here, but when he pops it is very loud. The two-way ceiling is very high here.

4-star SF Karter Knox (Kentucky) has a physical frame, with strength and a nice explosion. He is at his best in transition, but he did show upside creating space on the offensive end.
One thing I’m appreciating with the coverage of our recruiting class is all the “4-star” labeling. Think it takes a lot of pressure off the kids and (if Cal is actually doing his job) should make it easier to attract transfers than having the 5 star projected top 5 picks already on the roster.

Tipton on AJ Dybantsa.

It’s still early, but I like Kentucky’s chances as they always have success with highly-touted recruits. North Carolina is another school I would watch.

With the G-League Ignite dissolving over this season, this only helps colleges chances in landing him, including U
K.
He’s a must land. No excuses at all .

Doesn't mean that Dybantsa won't be a Wildcat, but they have to be taken seriously now they've offered and based on what they are doing.
Oh no doubt they definitely have to been seen as a threat . I’ve also wondered how AJ views Kentucky. Many casuals on social media assume he’s going to UK because of Clarke . Clarke situation at UK was always shaky so I’ve wondered how he views UK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT