ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Saban Is Getting A Reputation

College#19

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2011
Nick Saban is getting a Reputation as a College Coach that is too physically demanding of his players. He is pushing his players too much physically thus a lot of his players show up at the Combine where theyto go through a lot of Medical Evaluations and the Alabama players are showing up with more physical wear and tear on their bodies than players from other college programs.

At first NFL teams thought it was because Alabama plays a physical style of football and they also play 14 games a season, but the trend apparently has gotten worse and NFL teams are starting to question it.

So how have a I learned about this? Well my wife works in the Medical Industry and I am joining her for the free trip to a Medical Conference in Florida this week. There are several NFL Team doctors at the Conference speaking and presenting. We had a chance to go to dinner with some of them last night and they all talked about the medical results of the NFL combine. They didn't mention any player by name because that would be against the rules, but all talked about how beat up the players from Alabama have been over the last couple seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.