ADVERTISEMENT

Nice win young Cats!

• Thread starter anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
  • Start date
A

anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y

Excellent guard play which will bode well in the NCAA tournament. Hagans continues to shine. Nice shooting night by Herro and Quickley. Keldon appears to have hit a mini freshman slump but shouldn’t be too concerning. He’ll bounce back. Get our bigs on the same page and we will roll.

Excellent guard play which will bode well in the NCAA tournament. Hagans continues to shine. Nice shooting night by Herro and Quickley. Keldon appears to have hit a mini freshman slump but shouldn’t be too concerning. He’ll bounce back. Get our bigs on the same page and we will roll.

I agree. We have plenty of pieces to go deep. It will be nuts when EVERYBODY shows up to play. Can't wait.

I don't. UK was playing a bad team and they couldn't put them away until the last 2 mins.

I am very disappointed with the way they played tonight. Reid, PJ , and KJ looked like butt tonight.
They’re starting to round into a pretty good team. They’re not perfect but we have 16 more SEC games to work on things. This team has a high ceiling and with hard work, the sky’s the limit.

I don't. UK was playing a bad team and they couldn't put them away until the last 2 mins.

I am very disappointed with the way they played tonight. Reid, PJ , and KJ looked like butt tonight.
You’ll get over it.

Nope, UK' stinks at the defense. They stink at it. To the point that sucky teams like Texas A&M make a game of it. THEY SUCK ON DEFENSE.
Jon Sundvold , the announcer, ex NBA Star said as much so I’ll take his evaluation over yours. No offense.

The offense with 85 points which is about what we have been averaging is going to be fine. It is once again letting the 3 starting guards Flagg, Starks, and Mitchell hit 7-13 from 3 tonight. Texas A&M was only hitting 29% from 3 coming in to this game tonight and the 3 guards go 7/13 for 54%. The 3 point defense is horrible this year. If we can get this worked with our 3 point defense we will be fine. I still wish we could see the same game play we did against UNC and UL when it was up and down the court and playing full court press. It seems like the bigs play better when we play this way. I know Coach Cal said on his Radio show last night that we couldn't play that way for 40 minutes and win a National Championship.

I hated the work "young" in the title thread like that was something new......But at home playing a bad team, UK didnt look to good to me...

It’s almost like the team had to overcome three of it’s best players having a tough go at it *GASP*. They could have played better tonight but those expecting this team to just steam roll every team they play is going to be disappointed. They’ll be fine. Some of you really need to calm your shit a little bit. It’s either 100% negative or 100% positive on this board—terrible.

Call me mildly concerned. A&M committed 19 TO’s, this should have been a rout.

Duke won big on the road against a similar crappy team.....

We won’t win the title unless we catch up with them and start dominating
I have a feeling Duke will have that one bad game in the NCAA ala the South Carolina debacle with Tatum and Giles. They’re a well balanced team but subject to long stretches of bad play. That, combined with a hot team (like South Carolina was) can take them out.

This sounded great when I read it in my Eeyore voice.

I wish Quick would shoot more. He was 3 of 5 last game and 5 for 5 this game. His 3 looks on point and he might be our best shooter. Just needs more than 5 shots a game.

It’s almost like the team had to overcome three of it’s best players having a tough go at it *GASP*. They could have played better tonight but those expecting this team to just steam roll every team they play is going to be disappointed. They’ll be fine. Some of you really need to calm your shit a little bit. It’s either 100% negative or 100% positive on this board—terrible.

I'll take the win. But weren't we expecting better than "fine"? I'm not gonna try to predict the final outcome. I hope for the best. But if you see any passion or fire from this team then you're seeing something I don't.

I have a feeling Duke will have that one bad game in the NCAA ala the South Carolina debacle with Tatum and Giles. They’re a well balanced team but subject to long stretches of bad play. That, combined with a hot team (like South Carolina was) can take them out.

I’d bet my house that you haven’t watched one minute of Duke play outside of our game.

I'll take it but it's going to look shaky when 3 of our 4 most important players don't play particularly well. (PJ, KJ, Travis)

The good news is we have a greater margin for error as compared to last year imho.

Reactions: anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
I'll take the win. But weren't we expecting better than "fine"? I'm not gonna try to predict the final outcome. I hope for the best. But if you see any passion or fire from this team then you're seeing something I don't.

I saw it in the UNC and UL games. It’s unrealistic to think a team will bring it each and every time out. The 38-1 nearly lost to terrible Ole Miss and Texas A&M teams to start the SEC that year. If I hadn’t seen it in those two games in December I mentioned then I’d agree but I just don’t think we’ve put it together completely yet. Not stressing myself out about it because I feel better about this year’s team than last years and we still ended up in the Sweet 16. I think they’ll figure it out and be a really tough team.

I'll put it in here since the OP starts a lot of baiting threads and people will see it. Should we go small? Hagans- Quickley - Herro - Johnson - Washington. We don't block shots anyway. PJ does occasionally. The last few games our on ball defense has created a bunch of steals and adding Quickley should increase that even more. We'd have to apply some pressure at least part of the time instead of allowing teams to walk it up. Also this would require PJ to get his ass on the block where it belongs. Rebounding may be an issue, but if we offset it with steals and made some more 3's maybe it could energize this bunch. They just have looked flat all year long aside from 2 games. If Montgomery wasn't so green I'd even insert him in there for PJ. This team needs to start having fun.

I agree he does definitely. But right now, they are bad.

Right now they are inconsistent...not bad. Big difference. Bad teams don't beat UNC on a neutral court. Good teams can lose a conference road game. They've been up and down.

Just look at tonight's game. It was 20 minutes of great ball mixed in between 20 minutes of poor play.

I’d bet my house that you haven’t watched one minute of Duke play outside of our game.
You just lost your double wide. I’ve seen every Duke game this year. Texas Tech had them on the ropes and should have beat em.

I'll put it in here since the OP starts a lot of baiting threads and people will see it. Should we go small? Hagans- Quickley - Herro - Johnson - Washington. We don't block shots anyway. PJ does occasionally. The last few games our on ball defense has created a bunch of steals and adding Quickley should increase that even more. We'd have to apply some pressure at least part of the time instead of allowing teams to walk it up. Also this would require PJ to get his ass on the block where it belongs. Rebounding may be an issue, but if we offset it with steals and made some more 3's maybe it could energize this bunch. They just have looked flat all year long aside from 2 games. If Montgomery wasn't so green I'd even insert him in there for PJ. This team needs to start having fun.

Yeah we should play the three guards keldon and pj or ej we’d run them out of the arena

We don't play with enough energy guarding the 3, period. It's like we're just going through the motion. No Urgency at all.

Right now they are inconsistent...not bad. Big difference. Bad teams don't beat UNC on a neutral court. Good teams can lose a conference road game. They've been up and down.

Just look at tonight's game. It was 20 minutes of great ball mixed in between 20 minutes of poor play.
I disagree. Their defense is bad, especially on the perimeter. Texas A&M is one of the worst shooting teams in the country, but not against UK. 8-17 from 3. Almost 50%.

Will be their undoing unless they decide to play defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT