79%

Hendon Hooker

Tennessee

46%

C.J. Stroud

Ohio State

18%

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Looks like the test administrator was trying to provide an excuse for Stroud.

I bet he didn’t give a flip about the test the first time. But once his draft stock started crashing he wanted to retake it. That wouldn’t really be fair to those that took it once.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
What's interesting about those scores is that, throughout the 2022 season, many posters (myself included), complained about Levis' ability to quickly process the defense, make the quick and correct decision, get through his progressions, etc. In light of this test, perhaps what was perceived as HIS inability was, more accurately, a below-average OL and receivers maybe not running crisp routes and making the same reads.

CJ can say all he wants but being that far below the other QBs has to be a red flag for NFL GMs. He's not going to be throwing to a WR corps that was significantly better than pretty much every secondary he faced at OSU in the NFL. If he's lacking in recognition, processing skills as his test results would seem to indicate, he may find the sledding pretty rough in the pros. The one antecedent that comes to mind that was similar was Vince Young out of TX. Unbelievably good in the college game where he could out-athlete everyone and didn't have a complicated offensive scheme or face complicated defenses. Had some moments and a few solid seasons in the NFL but never came close to reaching the heights he achieved in college. Was that due to his lack of processing skills? Who knows?

Did he re-test? That was what the administrator seemed to indicate. Wonder what that score was?

While Stroud is fairly athletic, his college game was drastically different than Young. Stroud rarely relied on his athleticism. Instead, he relied heavily on his accuracy and ability to read defenses. Young relied much more on his athleticism. I do agree that Stroud was blessed with elite level receivers at OSU, which can only help a QB look better.

Very glad the Panthers took Young instead of Stroud.

To me, intelligence & being able to make a QUICK assessment and decision is HUGE for a QB, bigger than having a big arm or any 40-speed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT