ADVERTISEMENT

New UL coach is something else, and apparently UL fans are celebrating "taking away" from us

Princecal

Freshman
Dec 3, 2020
Newly minted Louisville basketball coach Pat Kelsey first caught fans’ attention when he “eliminated” every blue article of clothing from his wardrobe – a nod to how seriously he takes the school’s rivalry with in-state blue-blood Kentucky. That’s fun and all, but you can only imagine the excitement of Cardinals fans when they heard that their new coach actually nabbed an NIL donation that was bound for their rival.

After being impressed by Kelsey’s opening press conference, an anonymous donor wanted to get to know the new coach. A radio host organized a phone call, and within five minutes, $15K of NIL money was headed to Louisville instead of Lexington.

After being impressed by Kelsey’s opening press conference, an anonymous donor wanted to get to know the new coach. A radio host organized a phone call, and within five minutes, $15K of NIL money was headed to Louisville instead of Lexington.
5 minutes of coach speak on the radio and an anonymous donor enters the portal.

Newly minted Louisville basketball coach Pat Kelsey first caught fans’ attention when he “eliminated” every blue article of clothing from his wardrobe – a nod to how seriously he takes the school’s rivalry with in-state blue-blood Kentucky. That’s fun and all, but you can only imagine the excitement of Cardinals fans when they heard that their new coach actually nabbed an NIL donation that was bound for their rival.

What are they taking away from us? They have a 6’11 200 lb center coming I. Charleston’ competition is a joke. Our fan base is still the best.

Reactions: flacat22
well we know it won't happen with Cal

he doesn't get on the radio to talk to fans
Cant blame UofL fans for being a bit excited. He's a little crazy, passionate, and pumping energy back into their program. Meanwhile we're stuck with the stale bread.

Not saying I want this guy, but we need someone with his type of energy. With that being said, I have NO idea what this guy can do. He may be a horrid coach but that remains to be seen.

Just wish we had a coach that had that kind of passion again.

Season 10 Accident GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Yeah he’s one of those that loves playing the part with the videos and catch phrases and all. The parking lot “we got boots on the ground “ one was as cringy as they come. “Let’s get it done 502!!!!”.

Those types always win the honeymoon period and UL fans are the perfect type to fall for it 1000%.

Then the games begin

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yeah he’s one of those that loves playing the part with the videos and catch phrases and all. The parking lot “we got boots on the ground “ one was as cringy as they come. “Let’s get it done 502!!!!”.

Those types always win the honeymoon period and UL fans are the perfect type to fall for it 1000%.

Then the games begin
Cal better hope he can’t coach because the one thing he’s always done is beat UofL.

If you have that kind of money to just blow on some random sports team's teenager, I'm kinda surprised it's only $15K. This story doesn't exactly make sense. Plus, I'm not too worried about $15K. That doesn't even bump the needle in the NIL world.

Reactions: Basil Cat
Lord, I don't even want to think about if Cal loses to them next year ......
Shouldn’t they be favored to win since their ACME coach cares about winning and Cal doesn’t and can’t coach? He’s also gonna have team full of older portal players who are superior to freshmen. Let’s not go moving the goal posts after all of these we suck and won’t make the tournament next year posts.

Just remember: 2 years ago, the Louisville fanbase was celebrating Kenny Payne and saying he was the one who won all those games for UK against UofL. Of course, little did they know, those UK wins over UofL would total more than the total number of wins for Louisville in 2 years under Payne. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: preacherfan
Cant blame UofL fans for being a bit excited. He's a little crazy, passionate, and pumping energy back into their program. Meanwhile we're stuck with the stale bread.

Not saying I want this guy, but we need someone with his type of energy. With that being said, I have NO idea what this guy can do. He may be a horrid coach but that remains to be seen.

Just wish we had a coach that had that kind of passion again.

At this point, I am not impressed with the guy. Maybe he will be great for them. But, I am glad he isn't here. We can do much better.

Cal’s got 5 ul HC scalps on his belt. Actually forced them to try and cheat in order to keep up.

Hope this little Napoleon keeps up the taunting. Nothing motivates Cal more than a mouthy rival

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT