ADVERTISEMENT

New UK Nike Logo

The old logo was looking dated, I'm glad they went with something new but subtle.

As a graphic designer I think it looks great. UK always seems to be a little bit behind the times when it comes to marketing/design/multimedia, but over the last few years things have improved quite a bit. I think Nike has a lot to do with that.

Need a rabid, flesh-eating, very, very angry wildcat, imo. Show these teams we mean business.

Could be worse. They could have given us a purple vulture with teeth.
... A bird with teeth. What a silly ass logo.

uk_wildcats_logo.jpg

I miss this logo.

Reactions: lonewildcat
I'm ok with the chequered side lines and the font they used there but I agree that the new UK at center court blows. the K looks funky. Not real sure why any of it needed to be changed really.

I'm torn on this.

I think the new "K" looks like crap. The font is just stupid.

However, I do like that there is more blue and less white in the logo. I also like the slightly lighter shade of blue ... looks true Royal blue as opposed to the almost Navy it was turning into. The checkerboard borders actually look kinda cool to me, too, and I do like the endzone font WAY better than the old.

Overll, not bad, but the K sucks

What was it? A competition between kindergarteners see who could come up with a logo. Freaking WEAK!

The K appears to be a different font. More of a horizontal slant in the middle.
LOL, at "horizontal slant", reminds me of "we're starting to show spurts of consistency".
Don't think the logo needed changing at all.

Congrats to little old lady in UK's marketing department who JUST NOW realized you can change the font in Photoshop!

hahaha! i was only on page 1 when i posted this. didnt see yours, dmaso. i like the old school K

Yup bring back the penis tongue...just to piss of old religious ladies who shouldn't
ukp1.jpg
be thinking about that anyway..

The new logo is terrible. It looks like a bad copy of the Houston logo. If this is what Barnhart puts on the 50 yard line in Commonwealth, it will look like garbage. I can't believe Kentucky actually paid a marketing company for this "new" crap logo.

Need a Wildcat in there but not a cartoonish looking one but one with some intensity and aggressiveness to it. We are the wildcats are we not?
How many times are you going to repeat this? Are you waiting for someone to answer the question?

KentuckyWildcatsVintage2.png

The wildcat in this one looks like it is yawning instead of growling. So half-hearted looking rather than fierce.

Nike is only allowed to do what UK allows and from the looks of the "changes", that ain't much! It would be more effective to give Nike the freedom to update and re-design the logo/wildcat image without restrictions. They have proven talent so let them design!

I think the logo is too low key and restrained, okay, boring. Should be bolder, more dynamic.

Nike is only allowed to do what UK allows and from the looks of the "changes", that ain't much! It would be more effective to give Nike the freedom to update and re-design the logo/wildcat image without restrictions. They have proven talent so let them design!

I think the logo is too low key and restrained, okay, boring. Should be bolder, more dynamic.

If you gave Nike free rein, they'd have a new design monthly just to sell more stuff.

i like this wildcat better:
KentuckyWildcats.png

I like the old school K with it.... not the yawning cat

Not sure I ever would have noticed on my own.

Regarding penis tongue, that was circa 94-95? I recall that logo gracing the arboreteum water tower when the story broke. Anybody have the definitive history on that?

ADVERTISEMENT