ADVERTISEMENT

New scrimmage highlights. *Video from Rupp*

College Basketball Sport GIF by Kentucky Men’s Basketball. #BuiltDifferent

Crisp. Love that little bounce pass from the top of the key off the screen.

Either your man fights through and you get a layup, or he goes under and you have an open 3. Pick your poison.

Reactions: Texcat59
Maybe someone can correct the formatting, but below are player numbers to help identify the players.

00Oweh
1Butler
2Robinson
4Brea
5Chandler
7Carr
9Noah
10Garrison
11Perry
13Darbyshire
15Almonor
21Horn
22Williams
77Kriisa

Hope is such a nice feeling.
D. Orton was great on the radio yesterday. It seems he has a real good relationship with Krispy Kreme though.

J Rob will be knocking on the door of all American this year. Dude looks smooth, skilled and is really comfortable in what Pope is doing.
This team is going to be so damn fun to watch.
reminds me a little as a poor mans SGA

I wonder why Brea and Butler didn’t play?

And are we going to ever going to get rid of the blue boxes on the court.
For Brea someone said he had a previous injury going back to Dayton (knee maybe?) and they're holding him from 5x5 for a little bit as a precaution. Butler I'm not sure. Would've loved to see him match up against Bledsoe however

Reactions: EliteBlue
Two observations:

1 -- This is the first time in my life, I've ever watched a video of a UK practice/game/etc. and not recognized a single player.
2 -- If we shoot 100% in a game -- like we did in this scrimmage -- we will probably win and some people will still complain, bash our players and our coach.
FIFY

I wonder why Brea and Butler didn’t play?
They are seen as taking the Reed Sheppard - Rob Dillingham roles, so under Kentucky basketball tradition your two best guards aren't allowed to play.

Last edited:
They are seen as taking the Reed Sheppard - Rob Dillingham roles, so under Kentucky basketball tradition your two best guards aren't allowed to play.
I wouldn't say they are the two best guards. I believe Kriisa and Oweh will have something to say about that. By the way, Brea is more of a wing than guard. He and Robinson will play the 3. Brea is a catch and shoot 3 player, hardly qualifies as a "best guard" label, he does nothing else other than shoot 3's. Now he may be the "best shooter" on the team, but that is % based from last year. I think Oweh is going to get some serious run. Oweh ,Kriisa, and Butler will fill most of the minutes at guard, with maybe Chandler hopefully contributing also. Robinson / Brea at the 3. Carr and Almonor at the 4, and Williams / Garrison the 5. There will be small ball and "shooter" lineups depending on the opponent.

Last edited:
I’ve seen people saying UK got worked and now this saying they won by 17. My guess is the truth is somewhere in the middle. Either way, good experience for the guys and nice way to bridge the gap from Cal to Pope era.
no what you saw was one U of L troll on Twitter saying "He Heard.... UK current got rolled" IT was bullshit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT