ADVERTISEMENT

New rectal cancer mass

Ripamaru

Junior
Sep 11, 2008
After 2.5 years in remission my PET scan showed a new mass. I became concerned after losing about 10 lbs a month the last 3 months. Had another scan and got the news I was dreading.

Our family has had a rough couple years before this with my wife having a bad case of COVID that has left her with lingering symptoms and on oxygen the last 14 months. I have picked up her slack taking care of our 2 boys (10 and 3), housework etc. Managed to keep us afloat while losing 75% of her income without having to resort to seeking outside help.

That thread we have been hanging on by is about to snap. A further reduction in income along with added expenses. Daily round trips (40 miles) for radiation the next month plus chemo treatments. Child care to cover my inability to maintain it all myself.

I'm not gonna be able to do this without help. I've set up a fundraiser and any help will be greatly appreciated. I realize this is a tough time for most of the country and many won't be able to donate. We will appreciate your prayers as well.

David (Ripa)

Fundraiser

After 2.5 years in remission my PET scan showed a new mass. I became concerned after losing about 10 lbs a month the last 3 months. Had another scan and got the news I was dreading.

Our family has had a rough couple years before this with my wife having a bad case of COVID that has left her with lingering symptoms and on oxygen the last 14 months. I have picked up her slack taking care of our 2 boys (10 and 3), housework etc. Managed to keep us afloat while losing 75% of her income without having to resort to seeking outside help.

That thread we have been hanging on by is about to snap. A further reduction in income along with added expenses. Daily round trips (40 miles) for radiation the next month plus chemo treatments. Child care to cover my inability to maintain it all myself.

I'm not gonna be able to do this without help. I've set up a fundraiser and any help will be greatly appreciated. I realize this is a tough time for most of the country and many won't be able to donate. We will appreciate your prayers as well.

David (Ripa)

Fundraiser
Don’t never give up brother. Not ever. You got this.

David (Ripa)

Fundraiser
Praying 🙏🏻 to our Heavenly Father for your total and complete remission. May His healing hand be upon you and see you through the treatments you will be undergoing.
Funded the campaign as well...

Blessings

AlohaCat

David (Ripa)

Fundraiser

Prayers for you and yours.

As Jimmy V said, “Don’t give up. Don’t ever give up”.

David (Ripa)

Fundraiser
Hang in there brother. Tough times for everyone. I’ll do what I can to help. Many out there will as well. Don’t be afraid to ask for help in a time of need. Prayers for your health and your finances.

close family friend o 20 years had a recurrence of his. He is tired of fighting it. He and his wife just spend the days together. no treatments, just being with loved ones.
I can understand that, if I ever get to around 70+ and have dealt with something bad over and over I’d feel the same after awhile. It gets to a point where the treatment is too much and too harsh.

David (Ripa)

Fundraiser

David, have you heard about the experimental mRNA study that CURED all 18 patients with late stage rectal cancer that volunteered for it? I’m not making this up. HerrosHeroes posted a link to it earlier this month. Obviously it is only experimental but this was really eye opening and you should try to find more info about it and see if you can somehow qualify for a trial. I can’t remember what institute it was... maybe John’s Hopkins?
Edit: The drug is called dostarlimab, made by glaxosmithkline. here’s a link to the story:

Last edited:
Prayers to you and your family David . I gave a donation but feel the greatest thing I can say is make sure you know your eternal resting place . I pray you beat this and your Ca goes into total remission and it never ever comes back and you live til you are 103 .. but each one of us will eventually return to dust . Find peace with our heavenly father and get that new body that is promised . -- we , wife and I just got possible bad news yesterday .. small mass in breast that needs biopsy . Could be nothing , could be a malignancy . We all fall apart . We all need peace when we do . Hang in there David , people you dont even know are pulling for you and praying for you .

Last edited:
Thank you all so much for your help. For your kind words and prayers. I won't ever stop fighting. I'm blessed with a beautiful wife and 2 of the sweetest boys on earth. The love and support I've gotten is overwhelming.

Again thank you all so much. I'll be updating you all every step of the way until I beat it again.

David, have you heard about the experimental mRNA study that CURED all 18 patients with late stage rectal cancer that volunteered for it? I’m not making this up. HerrosHeroes posted a link to it earlier this month. Obviously it is only experimental but this was really eye opening and you should try to find more info about it and see if you can somehow qualify for a trial. I can’t remember what institute it was... maybe John’s Hopkins?
Edit: The drug is called dostarlimab, made by glaxosmithkline. here’s a link to the story:

I see my oncologist tomorrow and will definitely be bringing this up. Sounds incredibly promising.

David (Ripa)

Fundraiser
Don't ever give up fellow BBN brother praying extra hard for you and your family!

Reactions: Ripamaru and BBUK
I see my oncologist tomorrow and will definitely be bringing this up. Sounds incredibly promising.
I had to see an Oncologist last month due to a blood problem my doctor was worried about. They were really nice. The entire staff was great and they made sure everyone had drinks and food. It was a shocking departure from most doctor visits. I know it’s super expensive still. I hope your doctors treat you as well as they did me.

David (Ripa)

Fundraiser
Try Ivermectin, it CURES the cancer....chemo it's always the same story, goes into remission but then comes back with a vengeance to where there's nothing you can do....plus it's a HUGE moneymaker!

There's also immunotherapy....but chemo is toxic! Research it some....https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/248661#1

Reactions: Ripamaru

David (Ripa)

Fundraiser
Prayers sent.

Reactions: Ripamaru
The scan of my chest showed several nodules in my lungs consistent with cancer. They are doing a biopsy to confirm it but my oncologist believes it has spread there.

The good news I suppose is that they aren't very big. Under 2cm. Chemo and surgery to remove the nodules is the game plan here.

Keep my family in your prayers and thank you everyone for your kindness and support.

David

Reactions: jedwar and HICATFAN
The scan of my chest showed several nodules in my lungs consistent with cancer. They are doing a biopsy to confirm it but my oncologist believes it has spread there.

The good news I suppose is that they aren't very big. Under 2cm. Chemo and surgery to remove the nodules is the game plan here.

Keep my family in your prayers and thank you everyone for your kindness and support.

David
I’m sorry to hear that david I will pray for you. Keep your chin up

David (Ripa)

Fundraiser
Praying for you my BBN friend

Heartbreaking to read this and the update. All the best to you. Here’s to hoping for wise doctors and a thorough plan to get you well again.

I don’t know your religious situation, but one of the best ways for a church to help someone is a case like this. Don’t hesitate to reach out to them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT