ADVERTISEMENT

New LED Lights & Gameday Atmosphere at Kroger Field

Mar 7, 2022
This is not a thread to complain about Stoops or Mitch!

I just want to have a conversation about getting input on ideas for the Gameday Atmosphere inside the Stadium.

USC has Sandstorm
UT has Rocky Top
Wisconsin has "Jump Around"

And they all have LED Lights shows as well...

I was thinking we should use Enter Sandman and have a Blue\White LED show synced up with it. Great for the night games, but what about the day games.

Thoughts??

Reactions: 23jumpboy
We have Grove Street

Enter Sandman is already Virginia Tech's thing
I get where you’re coming from and def think Grove Street should continue as a tradition.

At this time though, we overplay it. It should either be the pre game and start of the 2nd half (like the tradition started as). Or it should be the post score song. Not all the above plus every quarter.

If they keep doing the Smoke and never leave Harlan thing then that’s a good between the 3rd and 4th quarter thing that a lot of SEC schools have a tradition there

Beyoncé’s new track could get the stadium going. In addition to being one of the better country songs in a while, a diverse audience would get down to it.

Cotton Eyed Joe needs to go! I really envy USC and Wisconsin, they have the best fan experience with Sandstorm and Jump Around...
VaTech is a combination of both and is the best in college football imo.

Start at 4:00 if you want to cut through the other stuff

Reactions: hmt5000
Grove Street happened naturally.

I was there when it happened. It was awesome.

The players responded to the song when it was played before a late game kickoff by dancing and basically taunting South Carolina players in a game that was very chippy. The fans responded to the players, the stadium was electric, loud and rowdy.

That game basically started the end of Steve Superiors career with him quitting mid season.

How many night home games do we play on average per year? 2? 3? And how many are dark at kickoff?

PLay this before we come out of the tunnel. Get the whole stadium chanting the warrior's oath and change the last line to, "they are the Wildcats!"

VaTech is a combination of both and is the best in college football imo.

Start at 4:00 if you want to cut through the other stuff

I watched a British guy react to VA Tech intro and he was shocked that was a college. He thought Soccer over there was just sooo much better than American football and that blew him away.

Reactions: bthaunert
Grove Street happened naturally.

I was there when it happened. It was awesome.

The players responded to the song when it was played before a late game kickoff by dancing and basically taunting South Carolina players in a game that was very chippy. The fans responded to the players, the stadium was electric, loud and rowdy.

That game basically started the end of Steve Superiors career with him quitting mid season.
We also almost got a 15 yds penalty. Word was the officials hollered to Knock it off or we’ll throw the flag. Only at Kentucky.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
As someone suggested here many moons ago, Cotton Eyed Joe would get people going.

After hearing that song way too much in that stadium, it should never be played again. It's old, awful, and gets basically noone excited.

I surprised myself by really liking us coming to the tunnel to "you'll never leave Harlan alive".

NFL teams used to use dreams and nightmares.

We probably need to use something from Harlow or Drake considering their connection.

I don't know why this hasn't been adopted as our hype intro. Just seems like a no-brainer to me. Then again that could be because the wife says I have no brain so there is that...................

I think this really cranked up loud (if the sound system could pound it out) would get the crowd in a pretty raucous frenzy

Reactions: Caintuk
This is not a thread to complain about Stoops or Mitch!

I just want to have a conversation about getting input on ideas for the Gameday Atmosphere inside the Stadium.

USC has Sandstorm
UT has Rocky Top
Wisconsin has "Jump Around"

And they all have LED Lights shows as well...

I was thinking we should use Enter Sandman and have a Blue\White LED show synced up with it. Great for the night games, but what about the day games.

Thoughts??
South Carolina’s is pretty strong, especially at night.

I don't know why this hasn't been adopted as our hype intro. Just seems like a no-brainer to me. Then again that could be because the wife says I have no brain so there is that...................

I think this really cranked up loud (if the sound system could pound it out) would get the crowd in a pretty raucous frenzy
Stranglehold would be a great choice too

Reactions: BillyJoeCat-fan
With the light show grove street would be good. Plus it’s kinda unique to us.

My requests:
Fix wifi
Fix sound
Put LED lights up
Have some sort of ring of honor for past greats

Reactions: hmt5000
The song should be about getting the crowd into it, and loud. It's not about getting the team fired up. The team will be plenty fired up when 60k people are screaming, clapping and such... You want it so loud that it effects the other team. THAT will get our team pumped. Frankly, Grove Street is not that song. Hard to beat Rock/Metal songs for getting a stadium pumped. I would love to see Downing Pools, Let the bodies hit the floor. The count down timed to fireworks, the growl, crowd screaming along... Would get the place roudy quickly.

Reactions: BillyJoeCat-fan
Can’t speak for the youth of America but I know ,Celine Dion, wind beneath my wings is so gosh darn inspirational. I’m not sure we should play it in a hyped atmosphere highly charged emotional roll-a-coaster like football, but I think it would be perfect for wrestling entrance’s, or outtro bumper music.

Also Hoagy Carmichael has a version of Stardust those young rascals might find exhilarating. But I’d play AC/DC Touch to much , as any other self respecting red neck would when firing up a crowd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT