ADVERTISEMENT

New CI home page

zcats

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
During the down time this morning while the site was frozen I started thinking about the new home page/extravaganza. I never comment on this stuff because I basically ignore it but I have to admit that I find it distracting and just silly. There is so much motion and worthless graphic over design that it is a little comical. I have to ask; what is it for? Do the owners think that uninterested viewers will stumble on the page and decide to join and read comments about a respectable, fairly pedestrian SEC sports program in a quiet college town just because the whole page is moving and visually dramatic?

Half of the new page is made up of huge football recruiting lists that are probably uninteresting (at the most mildly so) to our readers like the top 15 national recruits, the top recruiting classes. If you really care whether Clemson is out recruiting Bama you can find it with a link. Do we really need to see the list of football commits every time we open the site? If so how about a link. The scrolling lists are just a distraction. I understand that Rivals makes their money on recruiting rumors and that younger viewers grew up spending hours (years?) on line with video game graphics but I don't think even they come here for the motion and colors. We all come here for the outstanding staff reports and the comments of friends and not-so-friends. What we do need is functionality over pizazz. I would trade every scrolling list and national aficionado headline for fewer crashes, but that's just me. It has improved, I think. Oh, by the way, you kids stay off my lawn.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.