ADVERTISEMENT

New AP Poll Out - 11/13

I know it's extremely early, but we have a great opportunity to jump into the top 10 if we beat KU. We'd probably stay there until SEC play too.

On the other hand, if we lose tomorrow they'll push us down to 20-25, and we'll struggle to break into the top 10 for most of the year.

This game could honestly be the difference in a 2 seed vs a 4 seed. Not entirely fair, but it is what it is.

lol. Win both games by an average or 30 or so and drop in the polls. Makes sense.

Ouch.....dropped Duke seven spots. The honeymoon is over for Scheyer and the K armor is gone.
I know it's extremely early, but we have a great opportunity to jump into the top 10 if we beat KU. We'd probably stay there until SEC play too.

On the other hand, if we lose tomorrow they'll push us down to 20-25, and we'll struggle to break into the top 10 for most of the year.

This game could honestly be the difference in a 2 seed vs a 4 seed. Not entirely fair, but it is what it is.
There's now way this one game is going to be worth 2 seed lines. Not on a neutral court. If we lose tomorrow, but then manage to win the SEC, we're not getting a 4 seed.

Yet, Duke loses at home and is still Top Ten.

I disagree. If we lose tomorrow and then win the rest of ooo and win sec we get a 1 seed.

Anyone who loses first week should be out. Looking at you Duke, Michigan State and St. Marys.

Yeah not a huge deal, but not sure Kentucky should have fallen after we very easily handled both our games so far. I get that Baylor and and USC both beat p5 programs, but neither of those p5 programs were ranked.

Also the ACC has just 3 teams in the top25, and then just 2 more receiving votes.

The SEC has 5 teams ranked and 2 more receiving votes.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

I understand why you feel like this but I don't think it's the case.

Beat Miami and UNC to round out the non-conf schedule, finish it 11-1, and I think we're definitely top-10 going into SEC play, and you SHOULD open up league-play with 2 wins (Florida and Mizzou).

Then, we're 13-1, probably top 8 in the country, and headed on the road to play @Texas A&M.

Then after that, you should string together 3 wins in a row (home vs UGA, home vs. Miss State, @ South Car), and you're either 15-1 or 14-2 going on the road to Arkansas.

It's all out there for us, regardless of outcome tomorrow.

Yeah hard to fault where they placed Duke. They lost to a ranked team, and only by a small margin, so I didn't expect them to make a huge drop.

I understand why you feel like this but I don't think it's the case.

Beat Miami and UNC to round out the non-conf schedule, finish it 11-1, and I think we're definitely top-10 going into SEC play, and you SHOULD open up league-play with 2 wins (Florida and Mizzou).

Then, we're 13-1, probably top 8 in the country, and headed on the road to play @Texas A&M.

Then after that, you should string together 3 wins in a row (home vs UGA, home vs. Miss State, @ South Car), and you're either 15-1 or 14-2 going on the road to Arkansas.

It's all out there for us, regardless of outcome tomorrow.
You make solid points, and I hope this is what happens. Honestly I'm jaded at this point which is unusual because I'm typically a very optimistic dude.

I disagree. If we lose tomorrow and then win the rest of ooo and win sec we get a 1 seed.
No doubt if we win the SEC we should get a 1 seed. However, if we finish 3rd in the SEC then a win over KU (even as early as Nov) can definitely be the difference in a seed line. That's more the point I was trying to make.

Duke lost to a Top 25 team.....and it was a close game. I HATE Duke, but that's not a T25 toppling offense.

MSU should've dropped out for sure though.
The only thing is, who knows if Arizona is any good? The media thought Duke was number 2 and got that wrong. They could be wrong about Arizona too.

The only thing is, who knows if Arizona is any good? The media thought Duke was number 2 and got that wrong. They could be wrong about Arizona too.

They are probably pretty good, I cant see a scenario where they aren't one of the 30 best teams.

It is a guessing game at the beginning of the season. But when a team walks into Cameron Indoor and pulls out a win, they are going to get the benefit of the doubt. That's going to be a Q1 win for them for sure.

That's going to be a Q1 win for them for sure.
If Duke tumbles this season, it may not be a Q1 win. Very early yet. Lots of unknowns.

The ACC is a shit show at every sport, so by default Duke will probably win a lot of conference games. They will probably get swept by UNC.

Games I think they will lose:

at Arkansas - 11/29
Baylor (NYC) - 12/20
at Notre Dame - 1/6
at UNC - 2/3
at Miami - 2/21
UNC - 3/9

Last edited:
If Duke tumbles this season, it may not be a Q1 win. Very early yet. Lots of unknowns.

The ACC is a shit show at every sport, so by default Duke will probably win a lot of conference games. They will probably get swept by UNC.

at Arkansas - 11/29
Baylor (NYC) - 12/20
at Notre Dame - 1/6
at UNC - 2/3
at Miami - 2/21
UNC - 3/9

Duke would have to drop out of the top75 in the RPI. Basically any road win of a top75 team is a Q1 win. I dont see that becoming a Q2 win.

I also don't think UNC sweeps them, and if anything, it might be Duke that sweeps them.

I hate our rivals as much as anyone, but I wouldn't go selling on Duke just yet.

at Arkansas - 11/29
Baylor (NYC) - 12/20
at Notre Dame - 1/6
at UNC - 2/3
at Miami - 2/21
UNC - 3/9
Duke would have to PLUMMET out f the Top75. That would be like pre-pre K years. Not happening, sadly.

Arizona went to Dukes court and beat them. They deserve the rank they got. I wouldnt stick a fork in Duke xet. They are talented and the ACC is weak. They will win a ton of games

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT