ADVERTISEMENT

Need for WR

NIVEK

Gold Member
Aug 12, 2001
In my opinion a huge need for this team going forward is to get a bigtime playmaker at WR. Obviously we have glaring needs on defense and Dawson is our #1 priority recruit and Poole, Hughes, Rancifer or Gray would all be great pick-ups but with the possibility of Cobb jumping to the pros leaves us with a glaring need for a playmaking WR. Lucien is the only possibility I am aware of on the board and being that he is a west coast guy it will be tough to reel him in. Hopefully Joker has an ace up his sleeve and can pull a big suprise or two on signing day.

I think it is more likely that one of our current WR's step up than us landing a guy that will contribute a bunch right away.

Lucien and Collins are both interested and you would think not only Cobb but Matthews having a shot at the pros should impress some recruits. Not to mention all the lower rated recruits that UK has put in the pros lately.

I AGREE. And I would think Joker would know more than anyone at UK.
But doing is different than knowing.

I think it should be a huge priority equivalent to DL.
Like somebody said outscore em on O like BSU then the DLs will come, too.
Get the WRs JOKER!

I made the same point in a different thread about how our recent success of putting Receivers both WR and TE in the pros as of late should help us in recruiting bigtime receivers. Steve Johnson and Jacob Tamme both had huge seasons and Burton would still be playing if not for injuries. As mention above Cobb rated three star coming out of high school is going pro after only three years and Matthews would make our second strait Juco to go pro, that should be a huge selling point for Joker and company.

We've got a lot of numbers at the position, it's just a question who if any of them will step up next season. Joker has said we'll only take another receiver if they can be a difference maker for next year. I thin Lucien or Collins would fit that description. We shouldn't be upset if neither comes as they both have alot of choices

Originally posted by bunkbank1962:
You would think Joker would go after Jerrel Moore now that Louisville pulled its offer.

UK never really wanted him, there was a reason that U of L pulled his offer....he's not that good.

Ty Montgomery? Committed to Stanford to play for Harbaugh and Tee Martin (WR coach) was just there. It is not too far fetched. He has been rumored to be looking around according to a post on a Stanford forum.

Lucien, Collins or Ty Montgomery any of these three appear to be the type of playmakers that could come in and help next year and help soften the blow of losing Cobb.

Rashad Cunningham certainly looks good on paper! Does anyone know anything about this kid other than what we can read?

We are still in on Collins and I think we get him.
Go get him Tee, tell him why you stayed at UK!

Collins has probably the best offer sheet I've ever seen for a 3* player......*wink*

I hope we land him.

I agree how he is not a 4 star with that offer sheet is unbelievable much less not even a high 3 star at 5.6. I trust his offer sheet and our coaches more than Rivals ratings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT