ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA receives threats from UNCheat fans after Walker ruling

I dislike UNC just as much as the next guy. That being said, I dislike the corrupt NCAA organization much more.
The colleges are the NCAA. UNC Chancellor is on the NCAA board of directors. He voted for this rule and UNC head Coach Mack Brown after crying about transfers and the portal praised needing a waiver for the 2nd transfer. Them blaming the NCAA is like Congress blaming the government.

The colleges are the NCAA. UNC Chancellor is on the NCAA board of directors. He voted for this rule and UNC head Coach Mack Brown after crying about transfers and the portal praised needing a waiver for the 2nd transfer. Them blaming the NCAA is like Congress blaming the government.
I'm not talking about just this situation in general. We have come to realize that the NCAA does what it wants, when it wants, how it wants, with no repercussions or anyone to hold their feet to the fire. I am fine with this particular ruling. But there have been numerous instances where they justifiably could've punished schools but let them off because of who they were (Dook, KU, UNC) come to mind off the top of my head. But they will crush the little guy for giving out free donuts at a charity camp.

The kid got screwed on this one. He transferred 2 days before the new rule went into effect.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I don’t want my disdain for UNC to cloud my thoughts about the NCAA decision.

Announcing a decision regarding transfers that went into effect After many students had already transferred is something only the NCAA or Govt would think of doing.

Everyone wants to curb multiple transfers!!! This decision was made much sooner than it was announced. Again, NCAA is one of the few organizations that can mess up a good decision. They should have announced it when they made the decision or put it into effect effective Jan 1. (They were trying to eliminate last min transfers of players who weren’t happy.) August transfers being eligible at new school in Sept would have been better than the decision to rule this one player ineligible.

Btw - I did pull for UNC to defeat Beamer, but it was difficult!

Numerous kids got screwed by the rule the UNC Chancellor voted for and the UNC head coach praised after complaining about transfers and the portal.
I don’t feel sorry for UNC, I feel sorry for the kid. I’m assuming none of those kids you mention transferred BEFORE the rule went into effect and were ruled ineligible for the year.

Numerous kids got screwed by the rule the UNC Chancellor voted for and the UNC head coach praised after complaining about transfers and the portal.
You are combining the decision and how they implemented the decision. 99.99% of all people (including UNC coaches and leaders) agree with the decision. My problem is the way the NCAA implemented their decision. I don't have a dog in the hunt, but I am a parent and I try to think through what is fair and logical. The kid did not play at school #1. His entire coaching staff left from school #2. Both previous schools wrote letters of recommendations for the kid. I'm speculating that his elgibility will have minimal impact for UNC football simply based on the first two schools. (But, that's not the point.) The NCAA sat on their decision and this kid was already attending UNC when they made their announcement.

I have zero concern for UNC sports. But, NCAA is simply showing their same inept ability to take 3 steps without tripping. Reducing how many times a player can transfer without sitting out a year should have been celebrated as a move against the current "NIL free agency" atmosphere. But, their fumbling of how they implemented the decision shows again they prioritize $ over what is best for an individual student.

You must ask the question, "Why didn't NCAA make a big announcement when the decision was made?"

Now, I hope UNC sues NCAA. I'll buy popcorn and sit back and watch the charade. NCAA has hurt feelings because Mac called them out. But, I agree with you on the point that top UNC brass doesn't care. This appearance that they might sue the NCAA is a charade to try and win public opinion. But, I guarantee you Mac Brown isn't putting on a show. I'm sure his people told him with a "wink and nod" over the summer that the kid will be grandfathered in because he's already on campus. So, their top officials are making threats just to appease Mac. He's brought their football team back to respectability and has it in a good place to hand off to another coach. Football is the cash cow for college athletics. They'll appear to make a big deal out of supporting the player, but it's a song and dance for recruiting and trying to impress their next football coach.

You are combining the decision and how they implemented the decision. 99.99% of all people (including UNC coaches and leaders) agree with the decision. My problem is the way the NCAA implemented their decision. I don't have a dog in the hunt, but I am a parent and I try to think through what is fair and logical. The kid did not play at school #1. His entire coaching staff left from school #2. Both previous schools wrote letters of recommendations for the kid. I'm speculating that his elgibility will have minimal impact for UNC football simply based on the first two schools. (But, that's not the point.) The NCAA sat on their decision and this kid was already attending UNC when they made their announcement.

I have zero concern for UNC sports. But, NCAA is simply showing their same inept ability to take 3 steps without tripping. Reducing how many times a player can transfer without sitting out a year should have been celebrated as a move against the current "NIL free agency" atmosphere. But, their fumbling of how they implemented the decision shows again they prioritize $ over what is best for an individual student.

You must ask the question, "Why didn't NCAA make a big announcement when the decision was made?"

Now, I hope UNC sues NCAA. I'll buy popcorn and sit back and watch the charade. NCAA has hurt feelings because Mac called them out. But, I agree with you on the point that top UNC brass doesn't care. This appearance that they might sue the NCAA is a charade to try and win public opinion. But, I guarantee you Mac Brown isn't putting on a show. I'm sure his people told him with a "wink and nod" over the summer that the kid will be grandfathered in because he's already on campus. So, their top officials are making threats just to appease Mac. He's brought their football team back to respectability and has it in a good place to hand off to another coach. Football is the cash cow for college athletics. They'll appear to make a big deal out of supporting the player, but it's a song and dance for recruiting and trying to impress their next football coach.
Good luck suing over a rule you helped to write the criteria for and your coach publicly praised. Maybe there should be no limitations on transfers at all. Well except everyone says the portal is ruining the sport including UNC administrators and coaches and are against that. Well until it happens to their guys, then it’s different. That’s the Carolina way.

Good luck suing over a rule you helped to write
No doubt their threat to sue is window dressing for recruits and PR.

I still separate UNC’s response from NCAA’s execution. The NCAA fumbled this 10 different ways. This kid easily should have qualified for an exemption, then it would’ve been the end of story.

If those threats were in written form, I bet they looked something like this:

5018618a72ba8995a33ebafd048ed778.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: BlueSince92
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT