ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA making reclassing easier for 2020

The two guys on the right were inches from being Wildcats. If there was a OAD rule in place with McGrady, he would have been our 6'9" gazelle and Kevin Durant-like all-American. This picture is fascinating when one considers the "what ifs" involved with T-Mac, Kemp, and even Grant Hill's impact on the Kentucky program.

If we had Kemp - perhaps we win a title.
If we had T-Mac- perhaps Pitino stays.
If Hill's pass is off by a few inches, perhaps UK wins the '92 title.

images
The officiating in that 92 game was horrendous! Even Cawood said as such! That’s all I needed to hear. Never mind what I saw while watching that game again a few weeks ago. If the officiating were consistent, Kentucky wins that game. Hell, Mash had one, MAYBE two legit fouls the entire game and fouls out?! What a ****ing joke!

EDIT: Yes, T Mac was ours, had he not blown up on the AAU circuit that summer.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
If we land Haarms, would you guys rather have Kuminga or Banchero reclass and play for us?

I'm a fan of wing forwards, so my choice is Kuminga. He'd round out the all-Cal team, which right now is missing an elite, All-Star level small forward.

If we land Haarms, would you guys rather have Kuminga or Banchero reclass and play for us?

I'm a fan of wing forwards, so my choice is Kuminga. He'd round out the all-Cal team, which right now is missing an elite, All-Star level small forward.
Yeah, that’s a tough one. We need a post scorer and Banchero is the epitome of our needs. It’s difficult to pass a chance up to add Kuminga, though. He’s a stud.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
It was interesting to see Cal meet with Banchero and now this news..
That would be awesome.....but Banchero really seemed to want to his senior year experience. I don't blame him. If he does reclass to UK then....:D

Banchero. But Kuminga could play the 3 or 4. Banchero is a 4.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Good find. UK was so close on multiple guys. Kemp. McGrady. Ray Allen. Dirk. Bird.

I often imagine what would have happened to the '95 team if we had Ray on it. Might have cost us the Anderson transfer, but I would have taken it if it meant a title in 1995 as well as 1996. Allen was a super stud both years and his presence on that 1995 team would have changed the complexion completely in a UNC game that was determined from the three point line.
Ralph Sampson.

I doubt Kuminga even plays college basketball. If he does, it won't be at Kentucky.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT