ADVERTISEMENT

Nazr Mohammed’s Take

Another winners take:

Looks like we are going through a process of not only getting rid of loser coachs, but also loser fans. Some of you idiots can GTFO because we’ll attract fresh winners soon.
I love Nazr but, where has he coached at again?
It's great that he has his old teammates back and I would expect him to. But, this job doesn't come with training wheels. Hiring Mark Pope is a MASSIVE gamble with very long odds.

ps Nazr, if you had sank just ONE of your free throws against 'Zona, we would have gone back-to-back my man.

And what happens 2-3 years down the road if Pope is a flop and the fans are demanding a change? Will all his old teammates still have his back and trash the fans on social media? Oh yes, sign me up for that crap storm. :rolleyes:

We're literally watching UK fall down a level tonight.

It's a big deal, and worthy of anger. I love Pope as a former player, but he simply isn't qualified for this job.
Again you and anyone else have a right to be angry about the hire. Just don’t think it falls to the level of invoking autism as an insult to other posters. But like you it’s just my opinion.

I’ll root for Pope and UK next season and if he doesn’t succeed he’ll be fired within three years. I’m hopeful and I’m not on the autism spectrum. I don’t think I that makes me a bad fan but to each their own.

Another winners take:

Looks like we are going through a process of not only getting rid of loser coaches, but also loser fans. Some of you idiots can GTFO because we’ll attract fresh winners soon.
It’s really amazing how some are really just fans of the attention they’ve gotten and Pope isn’t a guy to give them that attention. Interesting to watch. Pope will build a lasting tradition brick by brick.🧱

Kenny Payne’s friends thought he was a great coach.

Roster next year will be a bunch of guys from this board.

Reactions: John_dromo1
Fall down a level from winning one tourney game in 5 years?

Go away loser…
We go from a guy who won one tourney game in 5 years, to a guy who won none in 9 years.

Yeah, my math is correct. Maybe I'll stick around and help you with the math.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdnerd
Op you’re part of the problem with this fanbase.

Calling Kentucky heroes losers because a few games made you miserable. I’m sure one can search and find many other slurs you’ve used. You need to get a life that doesn’t revolve around teenagers. Happiness or lack thereof shouldn’t be determined by if 18 year olds score more points than others. It’s sad.

We go from a guy who won one tourney game in 5 years, to a guy who won none in 9 years.

Yeah, my math is correct. Maybe I'll stick around and help you with the math.

I’ll literally bet every dollar I make over the next 5 years Pope will beat Cals previous 5 years. Not kidding at all.

That’s somewhere in the neighborhood of 3.5 mil.

You game?

Reactions: catzcan and CGblue
I’ll literally bet every dollar I make over the next 5 years Pope will beat Cals previous 5 years. Not kidding at all.

That’s somewhere in the neighborhood of 3.5 mil.

You game?

I’ll bet you every dollar I make over the next ten he won’t beat cals first ten.

You game?

And cool attempt at bragging.

I’ll bet you every dollar I make over the next ten he won’t beat cals first ten.

You game?

And cool attempt at bragging.
You mean Cals first 5? Of course no one will take that bet as no coach would have done that. That was an insane 5 years that will never be matched.

Too bad he’s sucked ever since then.

Also not attempting to brag, just giving the dipshit a number after his quip about needing help with math.

It’s also in response to his claim Cal had been better than Pope over the last 5 years, so my offer was not arbitrary like yours…

The idea that you’re not a UK fan if you’re disappointed we landed on Mark Pope is a damn joke.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdnerd
It's great that he has his old teammates back and I would expect him to. But, this job doesn't come with training wheels. Hiring Mark Pope is a MASSIVE gamble with very long odds.

ps Nazr, if you had sank just ONE of your free throws against 'Zona, we would have gone back-to-back my man.
Where have you coached at Blue to have a more informed opinion than Nazr? Pope has head coaching experience, will put UK first, plays up tempo offense, and wants to be at UK. We will no longer be an NBA prep school. He has nearly the same winning % as everyone’s darling, Danny Hurley. Yes, he has not been successful in the NCAA tournament. I like his upside. Next year may be a struggle as it would have been with CCC. Let’s get behind him and give him a chance

And where have YOU coached?
I bet Nazr has more basketball experience than you and 99.999% of the complainers on here

Didn’t Pope play in the NBA also. The many has experience. Show me you can recruit and I’m in.
Recruiting has changed. Gone are the days when a coach could walk in and sweep parents off there feet. Now it's all money. If Louisiana tech offers a player 500 thousand and we offer the same player 300 thousand, guess where he is going? It isn't UK

Reactions: dl51344

Oh, so your opinion is worth well more that a player that worked side by side with the guy. I get it. You are all knowing what is best for UK. Give the guy a fair shake. Go back and looks at Rupp's record before coaching at UK. He was a high school wrestling coach that moved over to basketball and only coached high school basketball for a couple of years before 1930 and taking the KENTUCKY job. Not saying Pope will be Rupp. Just saying someone took a chance on Rupp. Then took the chance on Hall. Heck Sutton / BCG did not work out. I hated Cal Hire but it worked for a little while. Tubby was OK but could not get the guys needed to sustain UK.

Reactions: 9timeChampion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT