ADVERTISEMENT

Nat'l contending clubs all hit high FT %

Apr 1, 2023
Need to be getting plenty of reps in at the free throw line; among other things.
I do wonder why we cut back on the 3's... especially Shep.
Defense I think will come around with time.

Cal mentioned after the game he was testing the grind it out offense some of the game to see how they did with it.

• Haha
Reactions: blubo
I agree about free throws. Winning teams make those at a 75+% clip and UK shot 66% I believe. Practice makes permanent.

Proud of the way these young guys are sharing the ball and coming together as a team to win a tight game in overtime. Loved Wagner and Mitchell’s high IQ on the court. Need to get Z and Bradshaw back to fortify and bolster their inside game. Go Cats!

Reactions: GoBIG BLUE
We've shot 72.3% from the line if I remember correctly. Not bad, but we sure have missed some important FT's. Reeves leads the team (85%) other than Shep's 5-5. Adou and Tre (surprisingly) bring up the rear with under 65%.

Cal mentioned after the game he was testing the grind it out offense some of the game to see how they did with it.
that's just dumb on ccc's part. play to the strength of the team.

this is why ccc comes up short in crunch time.

He’s just making sure the guys understand how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory during SEC and NCAA tourney play. Thanks Cow.
Getting ready to slow the game down as usual. Cal always starts off playing a good style of basketball but eventually always goes back to his slow down, pass back and forth until last 8 seconds, then shoot a bad shot. That is in his basketball DNA.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
They are a little shorthanded and Tre was winded which accounts for some of his misses.
When I was a kid, coaches would run us to death before we shot free throws so we were good and tired. Then if we missed, we ran some more.

I don’t really buy fatigue as a free throw missing excuse for D-1 athletes.

We missed some important ones vs Kansas as well as last night.

That’s got to be an area of emphasis starting now

Reactions: GoBIG BLUE
When I was a kid, coaches would run us to death before we shot free throws so we were good and tired. Then if we missed, we ran some more.

I don’t really buy fatigue as a free throw missing excuse for D-1 athletes.
Aike I was raised under the same rules you were, and I will add greatly respect your posts, but these kids weren't raised like we were, me and you weren't allowed to get tired whether working in the field or playing ball. Tre had a tremendous workout last night against a much bigger man, against a team that was getting up and down the floor, after he sat out a bit he came back in and started making threes. I believe he was winded.

Reactions: Aike
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT