ADVERTISEMENT

national Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO..Listen, sweets..I hate to break it to you..but this is one of if not the ONLY place on the Internet where "badmouthing" Coach Cal is forbidden..God help and bless the poor little souls on here that can't take seeing their God talked about in such a "negative"/"troll" way. But let the football team lose and see how bad they and the coaches get bashed for weeks afterward. The basketball team loses, it's "be patient..we're young" and blah blah blah.

Oh and another thing..take that BS that you posted above and overly defend Coach Cal and try it on people/UK fans on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, etc and see how quick and bad people tear you apart verbally. Try what I just said..I dare you. Don't reply to me. Just give what I said a try. This is not just for you..I dare anybody on here to try it. It will just prove me right about this being the only place on the Internet where Coach Cal is worshipped. You'll see.[/QUOTEThis is the best post I’ve seen on this board. I do not understand the lack of expectations for Winn
This is the best post I’ve seen on this board. The acceptance of falling short of title after title because the coach is a smooth talker is befuddling. I will always look at this era as “what might have been”. The opportunities were there to not only catch UCLA, but to surpass them. At this point, even if we won another title it would still be a disappointment that we don’t have more. My expectations are legitimate given the players we’ve had, and how tourneys have played out (ex. 2014). They’ll say, “It’s hard to win a title”. That’s why you have to get them when the chance arises.
I too, hear frustration from the majority of fans outside this board. Saying someone is a troll, idiot, dumb, ignorant, etc isn’t much of an argument. I don’t know you or any of the other screen names that have been lumped together as trolls. There is a hive mind/groupthink mentality on here that is not very welcoming. Thank you for the excellent post.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Stupid take. Win 8 titles in 100 something years. Winning titles are difficult and multiple ones are even harder. There’s no magic formula. Luck and talent is what it takes

Agree but since Cal has got here, Duke and UConn won two each. UNC almost did the same.

Since our last title, we've watched UConn, Duke, UNC and Louisville raise a banner so it gets to us. The main issue is we know we lose most of our team every year so if you can't win it all that year, we go back to rebuild mode the next season.

Reactions: Steelcurtain66
Sweets?!?

giphy.gif

I will get religious here for a second and say NO ONE here refers to Calipari as "GOD". If you REALLY think that you may need either a reading lesson or talk to a pastor.
I also think it's odd that you reply to yourself.
If you need a hug, then you may get one if you stop being a douche.

Reactions: brianpoe
Agree but since Cal has got here, Duke and UConn won two each. UNC almost did the same.

Since our last title, we've watched UConn, Duke, UNC and Louisville raise a banner so it gets to us. The main issue is we know we lose most of our team every year so if you can't win it all that year, we go back to rebuild mode the next season.

If the non 1st Rounders would stay it would really help.

Those thinking Cal pushes those guys out are idiots.

Tyler Ulis being the exception.

Reactions: 420grover
Sweets?!?

giphy.gif

I will get religious here for a second and say NO ONE here refers to Calipari as "GOD". If you REALLY think that you may need either a reading lesson or talk to a pastor.
I also think it's odd that you reply to yourself.
If you need a hug, then you may get one if you stop being a douche.

Well, you simple minded idiots sure defend him like he's a God..and try to verbally attack anyone who says something about him that Y'ALL don't like..like you are now at 1 something in the morning. And Brian, you're better than how you're acting right now. You guys are so immature, stupid, and pathetic that you all ACTUALLY think me and the other dude(s)/poster(s) are the same person or connected in some way because we agree with each other on a few things. Or that we are "UL fans" or some shit. It's kinda sad in a very pathetic way. Seek help, you dumbass fools. And post all of the teenagish memes that you want. It just further proves my point.

Like I said though..try what I dared you to try and take this shit to Facebook or Instagram or some other social media outlet and see how bad you get trashed by other UK fans.

Last edited:
You're trying, that's at least something for you....Merry Christmas

I don't have to try very hard or at all. It's pretty easy to ruffle feathers around here. Just mention Coach Cal's coaching in the 2015 Wisconsin game or the 2014 UConn game and everyone loses their minds after feeling a sharp pain in their anuses. Merry Christmas to you too though, man.

Last edited:
Well, you simple minded idiots sure defend him like he's a God..and try to verbally attack anyone who says something about him that Y'ALL don't like..like you are now at 1 something in the morning. And Brian, you're better than how you're acting right now. You guys are so immature, stupid, and pathetic that you all ACTUALLY think me and the other dude(s)/poster(s) are the same person or connected in some way because agree with each other on a few things. Or that we are "UL fans" or some shit. It's kinda sad in a very pathetic way. Seek help, you dumbass fools. And post all of the teenagish memes that you want. It just further proves my point.

Like I said though..try what I dared you to try and take this shit to Facebook or Instagram or some other social media outlet and see how bad you get trashed by other UK fans.

I don't have to try very hard or at all. It's pretty easy to ruffle feathers around here. Just mention Coach Cal's coaching in the 2015 Wisconsin game or the 2014 UConn game and everyone loses their minds after feeling a sharp pain their anuses. Merry Christmas to you too though, man.

Well since I have blamed Cal more for 2014 and 15 than anyone here you are not making sense.

And since we went to the title game in 14 and undefeated in 15 except for the last 4 minutes of the last game we played your initial post was not remotely accurate.

We all want titles but being a whiny ass if don’t win even if we make the title game is sad.

Lot of you all feel for this bait.
Fishing%20Smiley.JPG

Hopefully the trash gets taken out soon. It's starting to stink up the place.

You're trying, that's at least something for you....Merry ChristmasQUOTE]

Well since I have blamed Cal more for 2014 and 15 than anyone here you are not making sense.

And since we went to the title game in 14 and undefeated in 15 except for the last 4 minutes of the last game we played your initial post was not remotely accurate.

We all want titles but being a whiny ass if don’t win even if we make the title game is sad.

For one, nobody is being a whiny ass except for the jackasses on this board that can't take criticism or anything negative being said about Coach Cal. Secondly, no, it isn't sad..that's like a boxer winning the first 14 rounds in a match and then getting ko'ed in the 15th and saying afterward "Well, at least I made it to the 15th and won 14 rounds to 1." Also similar to accepting 6-6/7-5 seasons in football and saying "Well, at least we made a bowl..win or lose." That's a loser mentality..no offense. And lastly, I wasn't really referring to you which is why I said "You're better than you're acting right now, Brian" or meaning literally everyone loses their minds when I said "everyone" in my next post..but there are still several posters on here that do.

A lot of Cal's teams end up having one glaring hole or just run into some bad luck in the tournament. The Wall/Cousins/Bledsoe team was loaded but got unnerved by a junk zone, probably needed another shooter on that squad. If Skal is anywhere near what he was supposed to be, that's a title team with Ulis/Murray (maybe the best backcourt I've ever seen at UK), Wisconsin was Wisconsin, that one could've went either way, and last year we simply got f*ked by a corrupt official.

I mean it sucks to see the type of team we've got right now and I agree we can use some multi-year players, but there's no need to totally overhaul Cal's system. This team could've looked totally different and would have championship potential if not for a shocking recruiting miss (Bamba) and Vanderbilt and Baker being healthy.

For one, nobody is being a whiny ass except for the jackasses on this board that can't take criticism or anything negative being said about Coach Cal. Secondly, no, it isn't sad..that's like a boxer winning the first 14 rounds in a match and then getting ko'ed in the 15th and saying afterward "Well, at least I made it to the 15th and won 14 rounds to 1." Also similar to accepting 6-6/7-5 seasons in football and saying "Well, at least we made a bowl..win or lose." That's a loser mentality..no offense. And lastly, I wasn't really referring to you which is why I said "You're better than you're acting right now, Brian" or meaning literally everyone loses their minds when I said "everyone" in my next post..but there are still several posters on here that do.
Wow....lighten up Francis

You must be the other guy on here. He liked my posts and then you replied to me just eight minutes later. There can be no other explanation. I mean, amirite ??? Damn troll. JK jk, guys.
Yeah...definitely....oh wait...do you know how this site works?

Wow / what a glorious ensemble of retards. How people have the energy to sit and troll so hard is amazing. Can only mean one thing - UL fan. So absolutely embarrassed by the ghetto commuter school, they have to sit and wait for rival loss to feel better. Good luck to you all.
I disagree, uofl does not have that many fans that can type.

Yeah...definitely....oh wait...do you know how this site works?

LOL. Obviously what I said flew right over your head because you haven't read a good amount of this thread. And JK jk (which is what I put after I said what I said.) obviously stands for "JUST KIDDING just kidding"..I guess you didn't know that either. Geez, buddy...just how f**king stupid are you ? And don't reply back with this "battle of the wits" BS you're trying..because you just lost that for sure and you're getting annoying now.

This stevie poster joined in 2016. He polluted the football board this season now doing the same here. He is truely a filthy iindividual and brings nothing but negativity to the table. You won't hear from him unless we lose which is a good thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cindog28
This stevie poster joined in 2016. He polluted the football board this season now doing the same here. He is truely a filthy iindividual and brings nothing but negativity to the table. You won' here from him unless we lose which is a good thing.

False on ALL accounts. And Chattanooga trash talking about anyone being "filthy" is truly hilarious. [laughing]

Stevie, you act as if you started following our team this season.

As if we don’t struggle every November and December? Add in the fact that we are by far the youngest team in college basketball with an average age below 19 and every sensible poster knew in advance that this was going to be a shaky season, at least the first couple of months.

This team probably is not a title contender and the total lack of understanding would normally be embarrassing, but then again not with our whiny asses.

As you know I’m no Cal defender when it comes to in game coaching.

Comparing the loser mentality of football sunshine pumpers has zero merit.

The b-ball team has won a title and more games than any other program since Cal arrived.

So yes, in my opinion we are either the most knowledgeable fan base with the biggest bunch of whiny asses or the dumbest.

I’ll defend Cal on 2 points.

Recruiting strategy, which again has won the most games. Although without at least one or 2 of the top 5 kids or a poor hs class it won’t win a title.

And judging Cal in November and December, as he has proven multiple times, he can turn a team around.

Just because I like most of you on here and agree with a ton of other subjects many are whining way too early, especially since we all agreed there would be many bumps in the road this season.

It’s very unfortunate that we don’t have two more titles since Cal has been here. That would give him three in eight plus years and everyone would be overjoyed.
We lost to UConn twice, once in the semifinals, and the other time in the Championship game. I believe we were favored in both games. We did not get a good whistle in either game. No need to talk about the 2015 team that went 38-1, we all know the missed opportunity there. And lastly, we got screwed this past season by the rooferee. We probably go into the Final Four as the favorite if we win that game.

At any rate, if we cash in on just one of those years, and Cal has a second title right now, I think just about everyone of us would be pleased. So close, it’s frustrating.

It’s very unfortunate that we don’t have two more titles since Cal has been here. That would give him three in eight plus years and everyone would be overjoyed.
We lost to UConn twice, once in the semifinals, and the other time in the Championship game. I believe we were favored in both games. We did not get a good whistle in either game. No need to talk about the 2015 team that went 38-1, we all know the missed opportunity there. And lastly, we got screwed this past season by the rooferee. We probably go into the Final Four as the favorite if we win that game.

At any rate, if we cash in on just one of those years, and Cal has a second title right now, I think just about everyone of us would be pleased. So close, it’s frustrating.

Good post.

The thing I cannot stand to read is that the OAD was the reason for these losses. OAD players put us in position to win.

OAD caused us issues in 2013, add in our best player getting hurt and our PG went AWOL.

Also in 2016, which was more of sophomore departure than freshmen issue.

2010 - shooting/Cal (use all the TOs and stop shooting 3s!!!)
2011 - shooting/refs
2012- Title
2014 - injuries/Cal waited far too long to go back to zone
2015 - Cal, last 4 minutes were probably his worst in 30 years.
2017 - Higgins

Good post.

The thing I cannot stand to read is that the OAD was the reason for these losses. OAD players put us in position to win.

OAD caused us issues in 2013, add in our best player getting hurt and our PG went AWOL.

Also in 2016, which was more of sophomore departure than freshmen issue.

2010 - shooting/Cal (use all the TOs and stop shooting 3s!!!)
2011 - shooting/refs
2012- Title
2014 - injuries/Cal waited far too long to go back to zone
2015 - Cal, last 4 minutes were probably his worst in 30 years.
2017 - Higgins
Great post and 100% spot on.

Stevie, you act as if you started following our team this season.

As if we don’t struggle every November and December? Add in the fact that we are by far the youngest team in college basketball with an average age below 19 and every sensible poster knew in advance that this was going to be a shaky season, at least the first couple of months.

This team probably is not a title contender and the total lack of understanding would normally be embarrassing, but then again not with our whiny asses.

As you know I’m no Cal defender when it comes to in game coaching.

Comparing the loser mentality of football sunshine pumpers has zero merit.

The b-ball team has won a title and more games than any other program since Cal arrived.

So yes, in my opinion we are either the most knowledgeable fan base with the biggest bunch of whiny asses or the dumbest.

I’ll defend Cal on 2 points.

Recruiting strategy, which again has won the most games. Although without at least one or 2 of the top 5 kids or a poor hs class it won’t win a title.

And judging Cal in November and December, as he has proven multiple times, he can turn a team around.

Just because I like most of you on here and agree with a ton of other subjects many are whining way too early, especially since we all agreed there would be many bumps in the road this season.

THANK YOU !! FINALLY..a well thought out, well put/said, and well written counter post with substance. Finally, a poster that says why he disagrees, says what he does defend Coach Cal on AND what he doesn't defend Coach Cal on, and even includes some good counter points without going all "You're a troll or UL fan just because I disagree with you" and without posting childish memes that aren't even funny really, and without trying his best to start shit by trying to insult people and such. Several others in this thread need to take notes.

I mean, there are a couple of things I want to say in response to your post..but I won't even do that out of sheer respect for (finally) a good counter post.

THANK YOU !! FINALLY..a well thought out, well put/said, and well written counter post with substance. Finally, a poster that says why he disagrees, says what he does defend Coach Cal on AND what he doesn't defend Coach Cal on, and even includes some good counter points without going all "You're a troll or UL fan just because I disagree with you" and without posting childish memes that aren't even funny really, and without trying his best to start shit by trying to insult people and such. Several others in this thread need to take notes.

I mean, there are a couple of things I want to say in response to your post..but I won't even do that out of sheer respect for (finally) a good counter post.

We agree on just about everything else Stevie, you know I don’t mind the back and forth when we don’t.

No, it isn't, little girl. You and I already had this conversation but I don't expect you to remember that with your peanut size brain, cream puff.
Darn....I thought maybe I would wake up and you wouldn’t be here anymore. Oh well, a million other things to be thankful for. Merry Christmas. H
I got my driver's license some 18 years ago and I've already been to that dump of a city. Nice try..and edit, bub.
What valuable addition do you make to this board and fan base? Your name calling literally sounds like a 6 year old girl.

Darn....I thought maybe I would wake up and you wouldn’t be here anymore. Oh well, a million other things to be thankful for. Merry Christmas. H

What valuable addition do you make to this board and fan base? Your name calling literally sounds like a 6 year old girl.

And WTF do YOU add to this board and fanbase ? I'll be in Rupp Arena this Friday watching UK vs. UL..and for the Georgia game right after. I'll be in Knoxville January 6th watching UK vs. UT..as well as other games on the schedule. And yourself ? And GOOD, I'm glad my insults sound like that of a "6 year old girl"..I tend to insult down to the IQ level of who I'm insulting.

And WTF do YOU add to this board and fanbase ? I'll be in Rupp Arena this Friday watching UK vs. UL..and for the Georgia game right after. I'll be in Knoxville January 6th watching UK vs. UT..as well as other games on the schedule. And yourself ? And GOOD, I'm glad my insults sound like that of a "6 year old girl"..I tend to insult down to the IQ level of who I'm insulting.
It’s unfortunate that every fan base has a few of your type.

It’s unfortunate that every fan base has a few of your type.

Neat. And between me and you..and some of your other ilk (They know who they are.) in this thread..the feeling is definitely mutual toward you all.. You can believe that.

Last edited:
Neat. And between me and you..and some of your other ilk (They know who they are.) in this thread..the feeling is definitely mutual toward you all.. You can believe that.
I’m sure when Cal takes us to our next final four you’ll be right there cheering for him. Too bad you can’t be thankful he’s been to 4 of the last 6.

I’m sure when Cal takes us to our next final four you’ll be right there cheering for him. Too bad you can’t be thankful he’s been to 4 of the last 6.

Getting there is great..but winning them is the goal, right ? I applaud 2nd and 3rd/4th place finishes..but for ME, there is a difference between applauding them/acknowledging them and hanging my hat on them. I'll applaud them but I won't hang my hat on them. Even Coach Cal don't do that. I bet even he would say "We should have won the National Title in 2014 and 2015..and probably even in 2011 especially considering how things played out in a couple of those Tournaments..or at least won it once in those three attempts." Do you think Bama football fans were happy about losing to Clemson in the National Title game last year or are even okay with it ? Do you think they'll be okay with Bama losing again in the playoffs again this year if it happens ? And Bama football has been the most successful team in any sport at any level the last ten years overall now. Yes, 2nd place and 3rd/4th place finishes are something to be proud of but nothing to hang hats on..especially years later.

And then just for Coach Cal's legacy itself..I'm not happy that he doesn't have at least two Titles under his belt right now. I'm not happy that he got outcoached by his rival, Calhoun, twice in the 2011 season or by a nobody Coach in 2014 (UConn's current Coach), and by grumpy ole Bo Ryan in 2015..and by Clappy Crean in 2016. Don't ask me to be happy or okay with that..because I never will be.

Getting there is great..but winning them is the goal, right ? I applaud 2nd and 3rd/4th place finishes..but for ME, there is a difference between applauding them/acknowledging them and hanging my hat on them. I'll applaud them but I won't hang my hat on them. Even Coach Cal don't do that. I bet even he would say "We should have won the National Title in 2014 and 2015..and probably even in 2011 especially considering how things played out in a couple of those Tournaments..or at least won it once in those three attempts." Do you think Bama football fans were happy about losing to Clemson in the National Title game last year or are even okay with it ? Do you think they'll be okay with Bama losing again in the playoffs again this year if it happens ? And Bama football has been the most successful team in any sport at any level the last ten years overall now. Yes, 2nd place and 3rd/4th place finishes are something to be proud of but nothing to hang hats on..especially years later.

And then just for Coach Cal's legacy itself..I'm not happy that he doesn't have at least two Titles under his belt right now. I'm not happy that he got outcoached by his rival, Calhoun, twice in the 2011 season or by a nobody Coach in 2014 (UConn's current Coach), and by grumpy ole Bo Ryan in 2015..and by Clappy Crean in 2016. Don't ask me to be happy or okay with that..because I never will be.

So it’s title or bust? 99% of schools would love to be where we are year in and year out. If final fours aren’t good enough, I don’t know that there is a coach out there that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT