ADVERTISEMENT

national Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve said this for years. You really cannot win championships with just freshman. It does take some experience, as well.

While Cal is the best recruiter in college basketball, he will need to change how he recruits some if he wants to win another Championship here.

Won't be no more as long as we are in the one and done business. You just can't make them mature that fast. Need some players who stay for the long haul. Anthony Davis types don't come along that often.

Complete dimwit, we have been in the final four 4 times and right on the edge 2 more. OH MY GOD WE WERE SO BAD LAST YEAR WITH ALL FRESHMEN

Won't be no more as long as we are in the one and done business. You just can't make them mature that fast. Need some players who stay for the long haul. Anthony Davis types don't come along that often.

Look at all the other UL fans besides the OP jump on like rabid dogs. I just couldn't IMAGINE having a closet full of U of L gear at this point in time. [roll]

There are only a couple of recruits a year that are complete game changers (Anthony Davis types) and we need to get one each year if we are going to have this much turnover. But unfortunately, Coach K has the upper hand with those type of players lately.

He’s not even the best recruiter anymore. The one thing he actually was the elite at he’s fallen off. We will never have good players here more than a year with Cal here. They’ll be pushed towards to league like they always have.
Lol, fallen off? To number 2? Back to number 1 next year.

Fallen off.[roll]

Reactions: UKCATSFREAK

Even with Anthony Davis; Kentucky doesn't win without Darius Miller; he was the glue guy. Duke won it in 15'; without Cook and Thornton making glue-guy plays, they don't win it.

I’ve said this for years. You really cannot win championships with just freshman. It does take some experience, as well.

While Cal is the best recruiter in college basketball, he will need to change how he recruits some if he wants to win another Championship here.

This. Every team who has won it had an upper classman who was a glue guy. Duke scares me because they have Grayson Allen. He can hit a big shot late, or make a late stop. Darius Miller was that guy in 2012. Duke had Cook and Thornton in 15'. Carolina had Jackson last year. Can Kentucky find that guy? In the Kansas game and this game, they had no one who could make that one or two plays. Cal has been the best recruiter, but since losing Coach O, I have noticed a difference. Right now, K and Capel are winning this battle.

Funny thing is..Coach Cal still hasn't won shit with JUST guys he recruited..yeah, we don't make the final 4 without Knight and Jones and Lamb in 2011 but we also don't make the Final 4 without Miller, Harrellson, and Liggins. And in 2012, same thing..we don't win a Title without Davis or MKG or Lamb or Jones but we also don't win it without Miller either. In 2014, Aaron Harrison just slopped some shots in..some 1/100 type shots..and then we blew it in the Title game and Coach Cal got outcoached by UConn's no name bum coach (What's his name again ?)..and then in 2015, he basically had an NBA team and didn't even make the Title game..and got badly outcoached by 100 year old Bo Ryan..lol. But since 2015, his teams can't play a lick of defense and have have underachieved the last 2 seasons+..hell, now Cal struggles against freaking Steve Alford..lmao..enough said.

Funny thing is..Coach Cal still hasn't won shit with JUST guys he recruited..yeah, we don't make the final 4 without Knight and Jones and Lamb in 2011 but we also don't make the Final 4 without Miller, Harrellson, and Liggins. And in 2012, same thing..we don't win a Title without Davis or MKG or Lamb or Jones but we also don't win it without Miller either. In 2014, Aaron Harrison just slopped some shots in..some 1/100 type shots..and then we blew it in the Title game and Coach Cal got outcoached by UConn's no name bum coach (What's his name again ?)..and then in 2015, he basically had an NBA team and didn't even make the Title game..and got badly outcoached by 100 year old Bo Ryan..lol. But since 2015, his teams can't play a lick of defense and have have underachieved the last 2 seasons+..hell, now Cal struggles against freaking Steve Alford..lmao..enough said.
Good point.

And that team had more than just freshmen. AD was key, but we had experience.

Reactions: Steelcurtain66
This place is awful after losses.

I read the dumbest shit. I'd rather read Facebook comments on a political site.

Fair enough, but what fun would it be to have a board where only the wins are discussed, and there isn't any anguish over the losses? Kentucky is a high profile program with high expectations, and it's only fair to expect a little bitterness after a lackluster display like today. Kentucky is one of the poorest states in the nation, and yet we pay our coaches like royalty. While it would be ridiculous to expect to win them all, or win a national championship every year, it's not inappropriate to expect us to be just a wee bit aggravated over the efforts of all involved today.

Reactions: Steelcurtain66
Cal has taken us on plenty of deep runs with the way he recruits. What other school has had the tourney success he has had?

Keep knocking on the door and it will happen. It ain’t going to be every year. I’ll take Cal’s regular season record and post season record. Whose is better?

And to top it off, these kids are good kids. Every year. Look at the shit that has happened at a ton of big time programs. UL, KU, UCLA, UNC....our kids are feeding the homeless and singing Christmas carols to families.

Anybody who thinks Cal isn’t good enough is crazy.

Cal has taken us on plenty of deep runs with the way he recruits. What other school has had the tourney success he has had?

Keep knocking on the door and it will happen. It ain’t going to be every year. I’ll take Cal’s regular season record and post season record. Whose is better?

And to top it off, these kids are good kids. Every year. Look at the shit that has happened at a ton of big time programs. UL, KU, UCLA, UNC....our kids are feeding the homeless and singing Christmas carols to families.

Anybody who thinks Cal isn’t good enough is crazy.
Coach K twice as good, since Cal’s been here.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Stupid take. Win 8 titles in 100 something years. Winning titles are difficult and multiple ones are even harder. There’s no magic formula. Luck and talent is what it takes
I realize that, but he’s being paid to win titles. He’s not being paid 9 million dollars a year to get to elite eights and have 9 players drafted every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT