ADVERTISEMENT

Nate Oats Buyout

Well, the buyout is only for the next two years, so assuming Cal does something with this year's NCAAT, he'll be here at least 2 more seasons, and then when he blows it again in the 2026 NCAAT, and assuming Oates keeps performing well himself, we can get Oates for no buyout.

All this really does is keeps Oates from being plucked for the next two seasons, then he's back to fair game.

Mitch says ”hold my beer”…that’s right he probably doesn’t drink. ”hold my napkin”.

I think there is a decent chance that UL gets Drew. Assuming Cal does leave in the next several years, I like the guy at FAU. It is always hard hiring a coach here, because there is much more to it than just coaching like at plenty of places. He is young, has energy, and seems to be a really good coach.

I like Cal but I hope he moves on after this year. A School may offer him much more money, NIL opportunities and facilities with, his input. He would leave not because of being pushed out but instead, because his players are being exposed to BS daily from so called fans, on a regular basis. He will just take his players ,move down the road and start over. Vanderbilt Alum could put together a nice package that includes the salary, NIL and a promise of upgraded facilities. Do it Cal , get out of this basketball I Q wasteland. I will wish you good luck. He may want to reach a thousand wins but, with the fan division here, he may find it easier , better for players and feel more support at another place. I urge you to do it Cal. Fu## this board..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT