ADVERTISEMENT

Nate Ament

Nice I guess but a lot of nothing in print. (Not downing the player.) I'd get amazed at a player coming out and stating. (I think it was Kyle Wiltjer (May be wrong). If offered he'd accept.

I'd sure like to see that again once though, with a player already knowing what he wanted and doing what he states he'd do... (Always a slant, always an out, always double talk.) But, I guess it's just me...

A Moreno Johnson and ament would be a real nice first class for Mark Pope
That’s what I am thinking as well.

Those guys as the Freshmen in the rotation. Then get 2-3 lower ranked Freshmen to work with for the future.

Hopefully the main rotation besides Johnson, Ament, and Moreno will be returning players and transfers.

I’d like to see something like this:

G Portal Player/Perry/Recruit
G Johnson/Chandler/Recruit
G Oweh/Noah
F Ament/Portal Player
F Garrison/Moreno/Recruit

That’s a good combination of returning players, experienced transfers, elite recruits, and multi year recruits.

some scuttlebutt on Twitter that Johnson is going to Bama and not sure where that’s coming from. Hopefully that’s not the case

That’s interesting. Hadn’t heard that.

I’ve heard Illinois fans say that they think they get Johnson because of Antigua.

The Bama noise is news to me.
From everything I’ve read on Twitter, it’s down to Bama, UK, and UNC. I know he grew up a UNC fan so we shall see.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Nice I guess but a lot of nothing in print. (Not downing the player.) I'd get amazed at a player coming out and stating. (I think it was Kyle Wiltjer (May be wrong). If offered he'd accept.

I'd sure like to see that again once though, with a player already knowing what he wanted and doing what he states he'd do... (Always a slant, always an out, always double talk.) But, I guess it's just me...
You won’t see that often if ever again. Even if they had a dream offer, most players have handlers that make all their decisions or at least tell them a small list they can decide from. Then they want to maximize exposure and value so they want schools to fight for them.

• Sad
Reactions: BBUK
The dream:

Garrison returns.
Oweh returns.
Chandler returns.
Perry returns.
Noah returns.

We add Fears this summer.

We add Johnson, Peterson, Ament, Moreno, and two to three portal guys next year.

Go three guard lineup next year:

G - Fears - Perry
G - Johnson - Chandler - Perry
G - Peterson - Oweh - Noah
F - Ament - Oweh - Portal
C - Garrison - Portal - Moreno

The dream:

Garrison returns.
Oweh returns.
Chandler returns.
Perry returns.
Noah returns.

We add Johnson, Peterson, Ament, Moreno, and two to three portal guys next year.

G - Fears - Perry
Instead of fears let's add lewis or magwood.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
The dream:

Garrison returns.
Oweh returns.
Chandler returns.
Perry returns.
Noah returns.

G - Fears - Perry
Peterson wants to play PG. If he comes here, it’s to play the 1.

I don’t think we get him. The rest of the team is very plausible.

Just move Oweh to start at the 3 and add another 4-star/high 3-star recruit instead.

And I like getting Fears and bringing him along slowly behind the Senior guards, but word is he wants some guarantees on the PT side of things that UK can’t give him with two Super Seniors already on the roster at his position.

The dream:

Garrison returns.
Oweh returns.
Chandler returns.
Perry returns.
Noah returns.

G - Fears - Perry
I'd give tears for fears.

• Haha
From everything I’ve read on Twitter, it’s down to Bama, UK, and UNC. I know he grew up a UNC fan so we shall see.
Usually when a kid says he grew up a UK fan or UK was his dream school, they wind up going elsewhere

his NIL deal has zero restrictions on it
he can go to any school he chooses
Yeah, so it says but we all know background pressure can play a role, kinda like if you want that huge shoe deal of you go pro kinda thing. I just don’t trust it as much. It very well be nothing and I hope it is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT