ADVERTISEMENT

Napier and Norvell

Norvell is an interesting issue. Does he get fired for having an 0-3 start after having an undefeated season last year?

Napier won’t survive the year. Will he even be the coach by the time UK plays Florida?

Reactions: TM2013
Norvell is an interesting issue. Does he get fired for having an 0-3 start after having an undefeated season last year?

Napier won’t survive the year. Will he even be the coach by the time UK plays Florida?

I don't see him making it through the season, don't know when but he has to be 4-1 heading into last 7 games. Don't see that happening. Thought they would go 0-7 last 7 games, but FSU looks like a JUCO team.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
I’m still not convinced that Norvell is on the hot seat coming off 13-1, but he sure has lost all his momentum in a hurry because they’re looking at a really ugly season after losing again today. If next year isn’t any better, then I think he feels some pressure.

Napier looks increasingly unlikely to survive the year. I’ll agree with that part.

I mean how many teams in CF history have been preseason AP top 10 only to lose their first 3 games and start 0-3?

Im guessing Florida State is the only one.

All to unranked teams, at least at the time of the games, and 2 at home and 1 on a neutral field.

FSU may only win 2-3 games all season and were preseason top 10?

WTF?

FSU has started 0-3 just 3 times in the last 50 yrs, 1976 in Bowdens 1st season, Norvell twice (2021 and 2024).

No way he survives this season.

The goose is cooked.

Last edited:
I mean how many teams in CF history have been preseason AP top 10 only to lose their first 3 games and start 0-3?

All to untanked teams, at least at the time of the games and 2 at home and 1 on a neutral field.

FSU may only win 2-3 games and were preseason top 10?

WTF?

I'm sure they are because you usually play at least one cupcake the first 3 games. They did play 2 conference foes and a solid Memphis team but still. Pathetic. I love it though. Hate fsu.

All to unranked teams, at least at the time of the games, and 2 at home and 1 on a neutral field.

FSU may only win 2-3 games all season and were preseason top 10?

WTF?

FSU has started 0-3 just 3 times in the last 50 yrs, 1976 in Bowdens 1st season, Norvell twice (2021 and 2024).

The goose is cooked.
They had this stat on tv earlier. There are 6 teams to accomplish this feat.

The goose is cooked.
Norvell will get another year because of last year. But, I agree with the above poster about losing momentum in a hurry. They started 13-0 last year and have now lost 5 or 6 games in a row! Big Mo is a real thing.

Getting a very bad QB in the portal is another real back breaker!

DYK: TAM QB Marcel Reed held a UK offer in HS? He's from Nashville, was once committed to Ole Miss. Pretty sure Wolford was primary recruiter, don't think he ever visited UK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT