ADVERTISEMENT

N’Faly Dante visit

Next recruitment to get my hopes up for?

No doubt. The problem here seems to be there's a real chance he won't have his academics in order in time.

If he is eligible, sounds like UK is in a really good spot. But him being academically ineligible would be the cherry on top of all the misses UK has had in this class on bigs.

I've been saying Dante to Uk for months, but someone had always said nope LSU or Oregon. That he had handlers and UK wouldn't be able to land him. Seems to me we are at least in it. This kid is the rim protector we need and not nearly as raw as some think.

Doesn't make them or their info wrong because he's visited, although I do disagree with the take UK is some longshot with no chance at all. Dante has had interest, some in his ear have wanted UK for him, others want what's best for them, which is often the case in recruiting. Hope the visit goes well.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
No doubt. The problem here seems to be there's a real chance he won't have his academics in order in time.

If he is eligible, sounds like UK is in a really good spot. But him being academically ineligible would be the cherry on top of all the misses UK has had in this class on bigs.

The compliance dept at UK is really good at what they do. I doubt they would let him announce a commitment if eligibility was not almost certain.

Reactions: _Rooster
Doesn't make them or their info wrong because he's visited, although I do disagree with the take UK is some longshot with no chance at all. Dante has had interest, some in his ear have wanted UK for him, others want what's best for them, which is often the case in recruiting. Hope the visit goes well.
Yeah I mean I get that it's just every time I would put something up about Dante and UK a few would be right on it saying never going to happen and I think we have a decent chance especially if he moves to 2019 as I have expected from all the talk.

Do you have a link for this? (I'm not challenging it, I'd just like to read up on it.)
He was quoted the other day as saying he had not even began the academic coursework to be able to reclass yet. Seems a bit weird you could complete a year of high school in 2 months, but we shall see I guess.

Yeah I mean I get that it's just every time I would put something up about Dante and UK a few would be right on it saying never going to happen and I think we have a decent chance especially if he moves to 2019 as I have expected from all the talk.

I feel ya brother.

No matter what you say, someone with "insider info" has to spout off about how it can absolutely never happen, no matter what it is you are talking about.

It might end up being correct, but not always. I just wish people would just say, "I think" or "I've read" or "this is what people are saying," rather than just putting their opinion out there as absolute fact.

In recruiting especially, what you hear today may not always be true next month.

Dante, for example, was thought by several people on this board to be a very strong UK lean back in the Fall or Winter. Now some people are saying he is definitely going to Oregon or LSU. It might be true at this moment, but things change and the fact that he is on campus right now has to make you think he is at least considering UK now or will be after the visit.

That kid is reclassifying . He isn't better then a junior Richards or a soph EJ and Sestina is better then both of those guys but we could use 5 more fouls. Bring him in Cal !

I mean, he looks pretty good to me and I’m not sure what EJ or Nick have shown the last couple of years to make you believe he’s not better than them?

Marvin Bagley did it in 2 weeks
This is what I was going to say. If Bagley can get into Duke the way he did, Dante can pull it off at UK.

Bagley's grades before his reclass were ugly from what I read.

Usually right. Definitely more right than wrong.

I wont get my hopes up until something changes. Seems like Oregon or LSU.

Oregon gets fed because of Phil Knight so.

Lsu, well, we already know.

No one who has watched this kid would say he’s better than Nick or EJ. EJ or Nick right now would dominate the AAU circuit. Fans tend to get confused with what raw bigs do verse undersized Highschool kids and think they are better than bigs who struggle va grown men. This kid struggles to score unless it’s right under the basket. He is considered raw by every single scout for a reason. He had a lot of potential and would be a great get for UK but he would be the fourth big from day one

I mean, he looks pretty good to me and I’m not sure what EJ or Nick have shown the last couple of years to make you believe he’s not better than them?

No one who has watched this kid would say he’s better than Nick or EJ. EJ or Nick right now would dominate the AAU circuit. Fans tend to get confused with what raw bigs do verse undersized Highschool kids and think they are better than bigs who struggle va grown men. This kid struggles to score unless it’s right under the basket. He is considered raw by every single scout for a reason. He had a lot of potential and would be a great get for UK but he would be the fourth big from day one

Yep. College players are men. He would play against men. Right now he is mostly playing against boys as far as strength and weight goes.

I posted months ago that Kansas folks who know the kid, his family and his coaches have said that if the kid reclassified he would go to Kentucky. That is where the kid wants to play.

Some of you just enjoy the worry.

Jaden Mcdaniels: done deal
Kerry Blackshear: done deal

Reactions: UkCat11
I posted months ago that Kansas folks who know the kid, his family and his coaches have said that if the kid reclassified he would go to Kentucky. That is where the kid wants to play.

Some of you just enjoy the worry.
That's what I have thought for a few months now. So if that's the info you are hearing in KU country what's the deal with people talking about handlers and wanting to keep him away from UK and Oregon and LSU were likely landing spots? I think with our need and most reporting that he would eventually land in 2019 UK is a no brainer. But a lot of times in the past when I posted about him landing and Uk it seemed a lot thought that didn't have much of a chance.

Not weird at all.

Bagley it in 2 weeks.
Bagley rejoined his original class if not mistaken, and he picked Duke. We won't get the same look the other way treatment they get.

I would love to have him, but I will remain skeptical until it happens and clears.

There is not a better rim presence than N’Faly Dante. There is no one better at protecting his team’s basket, cleaning the glass and finishing in the lane than Dante. A five-star prospect and what a next level center looks like, Dante has done a great job of tacking on the proper muscle mass while remaining light on his feet in guarding in space but also on leaps around the rim. Talk remains that he could potentially reclassify this summer with LSU and Oregon as the two most discussed landing spots. Whenever the time does come for his college career to begin, expect for Dante to be discussed as the best shot blocker in America. - Corey Evans 5/24/19

Dude is better than Nick Richards....

I’ve watched Dante play 3 high school games and around 7 AAU games online. Him now is not better than a junior in college Nick Richards. I assure you. He’s a slightly more athletic Dakari Johnson. Big plodder that isn’t gonna shoot outside 5 feet but his athleticism and 7’6” wingspan helps him block shots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT