ADVERTISEMENT

My overall prediction for tonight

STL_Cat

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2011
I’m calling an ugly, ugly game. Disjointed offense, poor shooting, and crazy bad defensive lapses. A handful of WOW moments that remind us what a few of these guys are capable of. Jackson will stand out tonight as the best player on the floor because of his exceptional length and motor. Boston leads us in scoring with 17 but doesn’t shoot it great.

CATS by 12. Thank God college basketball season is here. Now let’s see how much of it actually gets played ...

Nope. Cayts by 21 bigguns. Sarr with a double / double, 16 points / 11 rebounds.

Boston will be the leading scorer with 18, 3/7 from 3.

We will own the boards by about 14 or so.

Will force at least 18 TO's, and get some easy run out dunks. (We will have DD TO's 12 or 13)

At least 1 Sportscenter top 10 play (maybe a Clarke spectacular flush on the break). Toppin may get the honor in garbage time.

Mintz will lead us in assist (6). Askew up next (5)

Jackson with at least 3 blocked shots. team will have 8.

We will be a little sloppy with the ball, especially when garbage time comes, Cal will lose his shit and yank a couple of guys.

Nobody plays more than 25 minutes.

Final score 81-60.

Cal will praise the other team, "they are a very good, well coached team, I told my team we better come to play. We are young, it's a process, it will take time. We had to replace 10 guys, new team every year is hard, but we will get there, i like my team. But it will be a long, trying season, this is hard on these guys, Wear your mask, do everything you can to keep this virus under control, social distance. This thing controls us, we don't control it. We will have to ready Sunday, we play like we did tonight, we will lose, Richmond is very good, I would not be surprised if they come in here and beat us, they are not scared of us, they are very good, well coached. Every one thanks for coming out, stay safe, wear your mask."

Last edited:
I think they lost 3 senior guards from last years team.. Moreheads gonna have to have some ball handlers grow up quick.

Reactions: floatingyou
First, I am just happy to watch this newest version of the cats. I certainly expect Jackson and Sarr to experience little resistance to anything they want to do.

Cal couched his criticism of the team after the last practice in terms of just how well all the players know the offense. Whichever group is on defense has a huge leg up by now because they can anticipate the other side's offensive tendencies. Of course, it is hard to play against an opponent when everybody on both sides knows the most basic part of the offense!

I am eager to observe how Minsk and Askew run the team and whether anybody else takes a turn at the 1. I expect it be very, very one-sided because there is just so much offensive talent in this group.

Finally, STL_Cat, I am going to guess that height and athleticism advantage will cover up lots of defensive mistakes. The shot blocking bigs this year, especially Jackson, may just make it nearly impossible to drive the lane and score. The remarkably tall and athletic wings for Kentucky might just show real ability to close down the 3.

I'm terrible at estimating scores. However, I do expect the Cats to dominate on both boards, to dominate in respect to turnovers, and to outscore their opponents by lots. First game for both teams, unknown referee behavior, and playing without a crowd suggests that almost anything can happen.

I am so looking forward to hearing clearly everything that Cal yells at his guys.

Reactions: VA/UK
Hope they play and shoot like Xavier is at the moment. Mintz and Sarr have been there and done this before. Hopefully everyone follows their lead and we will be fine.

I think Sarr leads the way tonight in scoring and boards. Boston and Clarke will get theirs as well, but I think with Morehead missing their big man, they will struggle to handle Sarr in the post and Cal will be Cal and look to pound them into submission inside.

Now Sunday will likely be a different story with Sarr facing a stud big man in Golden for Richmond.

we’ll see .... hope you’re right

Me too, and I’m not delusional so I know it may not be that easy. And even if we do blow them out we gotta remember it’s just Morehead St. I just think UK is top 3 right now, probably behind Baylor and Gonzaga. Going to be struggles early with an all new team, but this is the kind of deep talented team that struggles but still wins games.

Reactions: Ky_Bred_Cat
by the end of the year with brooks healthy, and after boston and clarke cut their teeth we should be a good rebounding and defensive team. once that happens and if we’re making some 3’s we’d be quite hard to beat. everything before that is an unknown to me. i’ll take uk by 11.

I’m calling an ugly, ugly game. Disjointed offense, poor shooting, and crazy bad defensive lapses. A handful of WOW moments that remind us what a few of these guys are capable of. Jackson will stand out tonight as the best player on the floor because of his exceptional length and motor. Boston leads us in scoring with 17 but doesn’t shoot it great.

CATS by 12. Thank God college basketball season is here. Now let’s see how much of it actually gets played ...
Typically it’s 7 months or so between the title game and the start of the next season. This year 8 1/2 which seems like that in years with all that’s gone on. I’ve probably never been as happy to see CBB season start! Go Cats!

Reactions: STL_Cat
We lean on Mintz early (scores 9-13 in first half), BJ has a sneaky 18 to 22, Isaiah gets a bunch of boards and a couple athletic put backs, sarr plays just a solid double double game

Reactions: STL_Cat
We lean on Mintz early (scores 9-13 in first half), BJ has a sneaky 18 to 22, Isaiah gets a bunch of boards and a couple athletic put backs, sarr plays just a solid double double game
The LV spread is -24 1/2 OA 141 Sounds about right to me. Someone said 80-61 which is right on the number. I don't even think MS scores in the 60's unless JC calls off the dogs earlier than he normally does. I would like to see all the players get a few minutes so we can get a look at their possible contributions later on.

Cal will be switching lineups like crazy. Even if they find one that clicks, he’ll change lineups. This makes any margin pretty much meaningless.

MeekTerribleImpala-small.gif

Reactions: BlueSince92
Cal will be switching lineups like crazy. Even if they find one that clicks, he’ll change lineups. This makes any margin pretty much meaningless.

Hope we can play a full 40, that would get me really hyped. But 24 minutes in, Cal has done exactly what you said with changing lineups. Didn’t matter who was on the floor in the first half, the play was pretty consistent. And now a great start to the 2nd half.

And you would be wrong.

I think we’re...really good. Dare I say this early, possibly one of Cals best 1 to 2 teams since 2015.

I knew a lot of these favorites would cover today. Threw away a lot of money today by not betting.

Hope we can play a full 40, that would get me really hyped. But 24 minutes in, Cal has done exactly what you said with changing lineups. Didn’t matter who was on the floor in the first half, the play was pretty consistent. And now a great start to the 2nd half.
I’ve found the defensive effort by a couple guys to be encouraging. Cant tell much about offense. Morehead just not strong enough to challenge us.

CATS by 12. Thank God college basketball season is here. Now let’s see how much of it actually gets played ..

Well, you sure called that right. Right.

Well,

I mean everyone can tell me I was wrong and that’s fine, but you could at least acknowledge that I already called it out myself. Lol

Reactions: BigKari
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT