ADVERTISEMENT

My impressions- Father/Son Camp

Unbelievably gracious team that went out of their way to support camp this weekend. All dressed in UK gear and just a totally different vibe than past camps. Gone are the Panini card posters in JCC. It is clear this team has a mission. Pope spoke of that and minced no words. He spent roughly 5 minutes with my kid and I at picture time. Asking questions about my jersey I brought for him to sign (he said, what?...no way). He makes people feel like he's known them for 20 years.

Team can shoot. People are sleeping on Kerr. Guy is lights out. I watched him sync 12 straight from 3 and hadn't even been playing....it was part of that computer goal drill He is also hilarious. Sure to be a fan favorite. Best line...a kid asked him if he was better than Doncic....he said "no, Luka is incredible and it is impressive considering how put of shape he is."

New strength and conditioning coach said 3 highest verts were LaMont Butler, Ortega Oweh and Colin Chandler. Garrison has top of backboard but that is factoring wingspan and height, etc.

Butler will be the leader, 100%. He participated in a mock "down 10 in title game vs UConn for title" in locker room as HC. Pretty hilarious and clear the team is gelling quickly.

Couldn't say enough about the camp, by far the best time I've had in 5+ years. Can only judge on personalities mostly...a little bit on shooting I saw. No scrimmage, practice, etc.

Camp was incredible though...wiffle ball in JCC (I hit a HR off my kid...only dad in my group to do so...facts, and I let my kid know...lol), kid taped my ankle in a training class, vertical jump testing for kiddo, came home a tad sore from drills (great feeling), much more player interaction. Just an amazing time.

Sure I'm missing some stuff, happy to answer questions and if I saw something I will tell you. What I will say is this...if Mark Pope wins at a high level he will go down as the most beloved coach in UK MBB history. He is just incredible. Guy was out shaking hands and kissing babies before the thing even started. He will have this team fundamentally sound and ready to play. There will will no gimmees.
Great stuff brother. Thanks so much for posting it.

I’d go full back and maybe sleeve it out or maybe even a neck tattoo. Go all in bro.
Nah just do the eyeballs man. Nothing says commitment like black eyeballs

lunacobra003e_2x.jpg

Reactions: Skyguyb27
Think Kriisa may be underestimated. Probably playing with more talented and experienced players than he has at other places so that will help his game also. Can just do his thing and play within himself. An attitude guy that will come in handy against a lot of teams also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT