ADVERTISEMENT

Musselman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last 5 years Cal has done better than your boy, Musselhead. But good luck to your Razorbacks. The SEC was more fun back when Ark was really good. Y'all certainly made the SEC tourney more fun.
I'm definitely a UK fan but you can't be serious about the last 5 years with Arkansas and UKs success? Also are you coming on here gloating after a summer tournament? Weird.

I'm definitely a UK fan but you can't be serious about the last 5 years with Arkansas and UKs success? Also are you coming on here gloating after a summer tournament? Weird.
The only thing I like about Musselman is that he's not afraid to build depth on his roster. Unlike a certain UK coach.

Welp, the talking heads are still saying Arkansas will finish ahead of UK in the SEC. I’m not so sure about that. If this UK team can even play decent defense, good luck to the opposition. We won’t have issues scoring the ball this season IMO.
Yeah it's just such a hard thing to predict with UK. I feel as though the talking heads in years past would have us ranked top 5 and SEC favorites. We've failed to reach expectations which has made everyone hesitate to crown us anything yet. I do believe this is the year we get back to where we need to be though! We need Bradshaw and Ugonna to be healthy though.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
But Arkansas got El Ellis, he may have only won 4 games last year but he’s a transfer portal guy. Meanwhile we’re stuck with Antonio Reeves, DJ Wagner, Justin Edwards, Reed Sheppard, and Rob Dillingham. What I wouldn’t give for a couple of El Ellis types.
El Ellis sucks 😂

He may have accumulated some stats last year but on a good team he ain’t doing it. I watched Louisville a lot to bask in their misery and Ellis just isn’t very good. He was the only option they had.

You sure?
Well Joey Hart is a reach. And Tre Mitchell literally fell into our lap. Who knows if our big guys will ever play.

I fully expect us to be shorthanded like we’ve been for several years until Cal proves otherwise.

S7s5SuW.png
That Nate Oats???

Arkansas has made six NCAA Final Four appearances (1941, 1945, 1978, 1990, 1994, and 1995) in History winning only one Natty. Eric "No Final Four" Musselman is not a bad coach but to compare him to Cal is funny. Cal has almost matched the history of Arkansas basketball final four success and will surpass it after this year with number Nine.
We are Kentucky!

El Ellis sucks 😂

He may have accumulated some stats last year but on a good team he ain’t doing it. I watched Louisville a lot to bask in their misery and Ellis just isn’t very good. He was the only option they had.
That could have contributed to some of his inefficiency, no? Theoretically with better players around him he shouldn't be the main focus of the opposing team 100% of the time anymore.

That could have contributed to some of his inefficiency, no? Theoretically with better players around him he shouldn't be the main focus of the opposing team 100% of the time anymore.

I think Ellis will be the odd man out in the backcourt. Menifield Battle and Mark as the starters. Then Davenport at the 3. Ellis will just be a backup imo.

I think Ellis will be the odd man out in the backcourt. Menifield Battle and Mark as the starters. Then Davenport at the 3. Ellis will just be a backup imo.
Devo Davis will take some PT away from Menifield for sure, he's a lock to start. Davenport I'm not sure on, probably an offense vs. defense thing between he and Chandler Lawson but I don't see him starting. Ellis I see as being a sparkplug off the bench similar to how JD Notae was his first year. I'd probably say this:

Mark
Battle
Davis
Brazile
Mitchell

Devo Davis will take some PT away from Menifield for sure, he's a lock to start. Davenport I'm not sure on, probably an offense vs. defense thing between he and Chandler Lawson but I don't see him starting. Ellis I see as being a sparkplug off the bench similar to how JD Notae was his first year. I'd probably say this:

Mark
Battle
Davis
Brazile
Mitchell

Jeez forgot about Davis too.

You're right. I also usually negate three straight years of trailer trash basketball by pointing to four exhibition games to negate all of that trash. As always, such a good take on your end.
I asked a question. I didn’t see that I had a take

Well Joey Hart is a reach. And Tre Mitchell literally fell into our lap. Who knows if our big guys will ever play.

I fully expect us to be shorthanded like we’ve been for several years until Cal proves otherwise.
Well we have 11 scholarship players. We might pick up one more big. That certainty isn’t short handed. You can’t help injuries

Well we have 11 scholarship players. We might pick up one more big. That certainty isn’t short handed. You can’t help injuries
We’re currently at 10 (5 freshmen, Thiero, Ugo, Hart, Burks, Mitchell). Hopefully we get another big guy but even at 11 scholarship players the last two years we were wrecked with injuries by the end of the year.

No one is doubting Cal's overall success as a head coach but the last 5 years have been absolute garbage. Musselman is definitely a good coach and is undoubtedly doing better at the moment than Cal.
How is he doing better than Cal? The dude had a guy on his team that hand delivered a murder weapon. Strait up hand delivered it and everybody knows. How is that

How is he doing better than Cal? The dude had a guy on his team that hand delivered a murder weapon. Strait up hand delivered it and everybody knows. How is that
Miller never touched or even saw the weapon. It was covered up on the back seat of a car. He didn't know that anyone was going to be shot.

• Haha
Reactions: shodaman
Announced today that Menifield is not on scholarship and is redshirting this year so that clears things up a bit. Freshman Layden Blocker probably get some of those minutes.

So do y’all have just 12 scholly players now? Is Menifield clearing room for that SF/PF Denijay Harris guy?

Separately, I heard Baye Fall was having issues and may redshirt (on scholly) too.

At Kentucky if you average 8.3 losses a year and have a .750 winning percentage in conference you’re 10 loss Tubby

At Arkansas if you average 10.2 losses a year with a .577 winning percentage in the SEC including 2 losing records you’re hyped by everyone from your own fanbase, Kentucky fans, and the national media.

Reactions: SaltyCat25
So do y’all have just 12 scholly players now? Is Menifield clearing room for that SF/PF Denijay Harris guy?

Separately, I heard Baye Fall was having issues and may redshirt (on scholly) too.
Harris is already on campus and would be the last scholarship filled in place of Menifield. Staff might have seen this coming since it didn’t make sense why we brought in one more than allowed.

Fall arrived later than expected but as of now sounds like he’ll be good to go, who knows if/when that would change though.

Harris is already on campus and would be the last scholarship filled in place of Menifield. Staff might have seen this coming since it didn’t make sense why we brought in one more than allowed.

Fall arrived later than expected but as of now sounds like he’ll be good to go, who knows if/when that would change though.
Who on your roster would Harris play over? Just trying to understand the logic of bringing in a senior role player on Southern Miss who has little chance to get minutes.

Who on your roster would Harris play over? Just trying to understand the logic of bringing in a senior role player on Southern Miss who has little chance to get minutes.
He’ll definitely be toward the end of the bench but it was going to be Grant Nelson’s spot until he went to Alabama so he was probably the guy out there left they liked the most. A 6’6-6’7 combo forward was something the roster needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT