ADVERTISEMENT

Musselman to USC?

There's internet chatter that Muss to USC is done and Beard to Ark is done.

Murder rate in Arkansas is higher than in LA.

That may be true, but Little Rock is 3 hours away from Fayetteville, Pine Bluff is 4, and the Mississippi delta is 5 to 6 depending on whether you’re in the northern or southern part. In other words, the places where people are murdered in Arkansas aren’t near the university.

Same goes for USC. It’s not like the campus is in the middle of Watts, Compton or Inglewood.

The situation there is WEIRD.

AD releases a video, aimed at somewhat announcing Muss' return, without actually telling Muss or clearing it with him.

Then Muss interviews

Arkansas' athletic department has basically been a train wreck since Nutt left in 2008. The whole Petrino thing, the Springfield 3 controversy, and I am blanking on who the BBall coach was that took the job, got off the plane, looked around and realized it was an asylum run by crazies and nope'd right out and got back on the plane and left.

Reactions: KYExtemper
You know one reason why Brooks left VT for UK had to be the security of the SEC vs the ACC. Right?

So why does a coach leave frigging USC, now of the Big10, to join SMU, Former Non-Power 5 and now ACC Doormat?

I don't get it. This is literally a school in danger of being left out if the NCAA bubble bursts.

Arkansas' athletic department has basically been a train wreck since Nutt left in 2008. The whole Petrino thing, the Springfield 3 controversy, and I am blanking on who the BBall coach was that took the job, got off the plane, looked around and realized it was an asylum run by crazies and nope'd right out and got back on the plane and left.

Dana Altman

Reactions: Darkmyst00
You know one reason why Brooks left VT for UK had to be the security of the SEC vs the ACC. Right?

So why does a coach leave frigging USC, now of the Big10, to join SMU, Former Non-Power 5 and now ACC Doormat?

I don't get it. This is literally a school in danger of being left out if the NCAA bubble bursts.

Enfied left USC like Tubby left UK, if you pick up what I’m putting down

Did he really do much at USC?

With them going to the B10, it might’ve been a mutual split.

Bad yr this past year, but several trips to the Dance previously.

CeltiCat is pretty sharp, so I'm betting he is on the story. Enfield had some talent this year. The Bronny thing I'm sure turned into a zoo he couldn't control. 12 wins looks like a team that quit.

Arkansas should head north to New York and ask Arkansas is a sleeping giant they have a passionate fan base

rick injury GIF

The basketball coach that turned them down within 24 hours was Dana Altman, who ended up going to Oregon.

Enfield did about all he was going to do there. He caught a lot of heat for the poor season this year and probably realized it was time to move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: d2atTech
No, I really think UK is his last coaching job. He’s going milk this for all it’s worth or get that buyout.
I know but I was just wishing for all of us great fans of this great school that someone would get us of the hook….. I’m basically just in dreamland I know he’s going to burn it all the way to the ground before he gets out of town.

So so overrated by a lot of people. Averaged 12 losses a season in 5 years at Arkansas but had a couple of solid tourney runs.

Just meh. E8’s don’t do much for me personally.
If only we could get so lucky as to have a few tourney runs every decade.

Very nice try, but this is 100 percent false.

Arkansas has despised Calipari since at least his days at Memphis State. Kentucky gave him the lifetime contract, Kentucky or somebody else can deal with that, because it certainly won't be Arkansas.
Consider yourselves lucky.

Los Angeles is NOT a draw. Most who have lived there due any length of time would tell you they couldn’t wait to leave.
It cracks me up how some on here act flabbergasted that some place they don’t like is some place that others might actually like.

I’ve lived in Southern California for about as long as I lived in Kentucky. Both have their good sides and bad sides, but there is a reason why 24 million people live here and not in Kentucky.

Hmmm, cost of living in Arkansas vs California? It better be a BIG pay increase. Oh, and all the other noise that goes on out there. Good luck coach.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Dana Altman was out the door the second they "called the hogs" at his introductory press conference. I've never seen a coach look so uncomfortable before.

It cracks me up how some on here act flabbergasted that some place they don’t like is some place that others might actually like.

I’ve lived in Southern California for about as long as I lived in Kentucky. Both have their good sides and bad sides, but there is a reason why 24 million people live here and not in Kentucky.

You’re right there is a reason…..most of that 20MM people haven’t ever seen anything else. Once they do, they bolt if they can.

Yeah, but compared to Arkansas? Who would choose Arkansas?
Fayetteville and Northwest Arkansas is a very nice area. Makes “top places to live” lists every year and has a ton of money being invested in it with several Fortune 500 companies. The rest of the state? Not so much.

Arkansas arguably should be the 2nd best basketball job in the SEC but until Muss it just hadn’t found the right coach since Nolan. Anderson didn’t have a bad record overall just couldn’t do anything in the tournament.

Fayetteville and Northwest Arkansas is a very nice area. Makes “top places to live” lists every year and has a ton of money being invested in it with several Fortune 500 companies. The rest of the state? Not so much.

Arkansas arguably should be the 2nd best basketball job in the SEC but until Muss it just hadn’t found the right coach since Nolan. Anderson didn’t have a bad record overall just couldn’t do anything in the tournament.
You mean southern Missouri?

You mean to tell me high major programs with tradition and elite fan support aren’t falling over themselves to pay wayyyy too much money to a washed up 65 year old that’s shown he only cares about sticking around long enough to collect his paychecks?

The hell you say!
If he got fired or resigned one morning, he would have 3 job offers before he went to bed that night

If he got fired or resigned one morning, he would have 3 job offers before he went to bed that night

and none of them would fit the description of “high major program with tradition and elite fan support that are going to overpay him”

Reactions: kywildcat41086

Yeah it’s expensive but great weather every single day and the ability to do anything you could possibly want all in one region is pretty cool. I wouldn’t hesitate to leave Arkansas to live as a rich guy in the wealthy area of SoCal.

I’m a big Musselman fan. I like his style. Would easily take him over Cal even with the bad season this year.

Hmmm, cost of living in Arkansas vs California? It better be a BIG pay increase. Oh, and all the other noise that goes on out there. Good luck coach.
90% of the higher part is housing. Milk, cocoa puffs, canada dry, necco wafers -- they're the same.

90% of the higher part is housing. Milk, cocoa puffs, canada dry, necco wafers -- they're the same.
Muss is from San Diego so it’s not like he’s not used to it. Always thought UCLA would be the one college job he’d jump at but USC is close enough

I like Musselman and am grateful for him leading Arkansas Basketball out of the desert after 20 years. Now it's time to find another coach to lead us to the promised land!

Yeah it’s expensive but great weather every single day and the ability to do anything you could possibly want all in one region is pretty cool. I wouldn’t hesitate to leave Arkansas to live as a rich guy in the wealthy area of SoCal.

I’m a big Musselman fan. I like his style. Would easily take him over Cal even with the bad season this year.
Spend a month there in the summer where half the time you are there the air you are breathing is brown or orange and you might think differently. If it wasn't for W Va, KY, AL and MS still having high smoking rates Southern Cal would probably be the lung cancer capital of the country.

Very nice try, but this is 100 percent false.

Arkansas has despised Calipari since at least his days at Memphis State. Kentucky gave him the lifetime contract, Kentucky or somebody else can deal with that, because it certainly won't be Arkansas.
I bet we don’t you round’ these parts much anymore. Heck, I bet you retire that account name on the Arky board if there is one. 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT