ADVERTISEMENT

Musselman to USC?

So so overrated by a lot of people. Averaged 12 losses a season in 5 years at Arkansas but had a couple of solid tourney runs.

Just meh. E8’s don’t do much for me personally.

It’s been an open secret for the last couple of years that Musselman wasn’t a fan of living in Arkansas and was trying to get California jobs. The reporting today confirms USC will offer him and I’d be shocked if he didn’t accept. Arkansas is a great job, but he really wants to live in California.

Why in the world would anyone want to coach basketball at USC. If Musselman takes that job, Arkansas doesn’t need him.

It’s been an open secret for the last couple of years that Musselman wasn’t a fan of living in Arkansas and was trying to get California jobs. The reporting today confirms USC will offer him and I’d be shocked if he didn’t accept. Arkansas is a great job, but he really wants to live in California.
This is it, and is not a surprise at all. It has been known since he got to Arkansas that he was a West Coast guy and somewhat of a nomad, and that he would probably go to some school in Southern California at some point. His Mom still lives in San Diego, and if I remember correctly, she has only attended one game in Fayetteville due to the distance and her age.

That would be considered tampering, since that HOF Coach is currently under contract, forever. At any rate, thank you for the offer, but we'll pass.

You mean to tell me high major programs with tradition and elite fan support aren’t falling over themselves to pay wayyyy too much money to a washed up 65 year old that’s shown he only cares about sticking around long enough to collect his paychecks?

The hell you say!

Reactions: bnewt
You mean to tell me high major programs with tradition and elite fan support aren’t falling over themselves to pay wayyyy too much money to a washed up 65 year old that’s shown he only cares about sticking around long enough to collect his paychecks?

The hell you say!
Well said Sir, you nailed it!

Truth hurts.

Not really...everyone knows that already. It just doesn't contribute anything to the conversation when you go from thread to thread saying the exact same stuff.

Everyone knows our coach is an idiot, can we talk about literally ANYTHING on this board without you running from thread to thread repeating yourself about it over and over?

Wouldn’t be surprised if Arkansas makes a big run at Beard if this happens. Several members of the Arkansas BOT love him from back when Beard was in the UA system at UALR.

Reactions: KYExtemper
It's kind of surprizing that no coach has done good there since nolan.
Honestly I miss those epic rivalry games uk had with arky in the 90's,
but now both basketball programs are floundering around like a fish out of water

First of all, Calipari would be welcomed with open arms to Arkansas. This is a program that has hires like John Pelphrey and Mike Anderson. Calipari bringing in top recruiting classes and guaranteed tournaments would be something the administration would not turn down. Some of you Arkansas fans are living in a dream world and have been on this board too long. Calipari isn’t good for KENTUCKY, but YOU, are Arkansas. These same posters here argued me when I said Mussleman wouldn’t do anything at Arkansas I’m sure they don’t remember that either.

Second, I’ve said from day one Beard is who UK should be hiring. Now that Oats looks the way he does I’m willing to put him in the driver seat though. But Beard will kill it whenever he goes. I hope he stays at Ole Miss. I do not want to see him at Tennessee if Barnes retires soon. He just got to Ole Miss so the timing is bad for Arkansas. I don’t think he jumps yet. He can get a better job than arkansas in a few years if he stays put.

I don’t think people realize the danger of Beard at a top program. I’ve always been worried he ends up at Kansas somehow but Self isn’t going anywhere so that’s good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT