ADVERTISEMENT

Muss interviewing for Southern Cal job

Muss bus is headed to USC.

Top candidates to replace him (according to Goodman) are Beard, Tang, Will Wade

So it begins, time for the always fun coaching search. My choices are:

1. Beard, great coach, Ole Miss Fans explode.
2. Pitino, we hired Petrino back, why not?
3. Wade, pays NIL from his own account, LSU Fans explode.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity

Please take Cal you can have him and his #2 recruiting class. He’d probably come with a new life to your program.

Reactions: westerncat

Wade is a POS cheater. Don’t need him back in the SEC.

Wade is a POS cheater. Don’t need him back in the SEC.
Beard is my top choice of someone who has a realistic chance.

Wade is down the list for me. He's fairly young, a good coach, good recruiter, but a recklessly bad cheater. Him and a few of the others just happened to be the ones that got caught.....NIL, Now it's Legal.

Ihavenoshame GIF - Ihavenoshame GIFs

I’m glad their are still some smart business people still left out there we have some dumb ones down running our athletic program.
You could just become a Arkansas fan and erase all of your heartaches. Because you sure as hell are not a UK fan. WTF do you have against the kids coming in this year ? Just a really stupid comment.

Arkansas hasn't had a good track record with coaches. Muss was the only homerun they have hit since NR left. I hope for the SECs sake they don't screw this up. As a UK fan part of me hopes they do because misery loves company and the two schools that love basketball the most could cry on each others shoulders why we suffer.

There may be a completely empty roster. They all may leave, or some may say they are leaving and still come back. It all depends on who the new coach is, and how fast it is announced.
Good thing about losing players now is that you can fill a roster pretty quickly with the transfer portal. You’re right though, the faster you name a coach, the better.

Good thing about losing players now is that you can fill a roster pretty quickly with the transfer portal. You’re right though, the faster you name a coach, the better.
Exactly, and if what is being reported is true, the big money donors, and there a lot of them in Arkansas that weren't fans of Musselman, are really eager to jump right in with big money for NIL and a coach who is the right hire.

Beard seems to have the momentum from his time in Little Rock, but who really knows at this point.

Have to wonder if Musselman was sort of pushed out given all of the "scandal" and subsequent collapse associated with Arkansas this year. Perhaps the Cal to Arkansas discussion started much earlier than we are being told ie right after the loss to Oakland. Barnhart was aware at that time and has been working on a replacement since then. If this logic is true then we already have our guy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT