ADVERTISEMENT

Most point's by a Kentucky team

Dec 27, 2014
I'm old, but wish I could of been a few year's younger to have seen that game. (Feb 27, 1956) Kentucky 143-Georgia 66. Does anyone know if this is still the record and I would sure like to see score's like this again and no 3 point line.

Originally posted by Baldcat1:
I'm old, but wish I could of been a few year's younger to have seen that game. (Feb 27, 1956) Kentucky 143-Georgia 66. Does anyone know if this is still the record and I would sure like to see score's like this again and no 3 point line.
Yes, still the record for points in a game and margin of victory as far as I know. UK beat someone by 85 a couple years ago (I think it was the 2012 title team), but it was in an exhibition game.

Originally posted by lacocat:

Georgia by 77 in 1956, and second largest is Tennessee-Martin by 74 in 1994.

The 58 point win over Montana State this season comes in 15th.
Looked up the stats on UT Martin in 94.

We took 98 shots from the field (and 28 free throws). Thats a shot every 27 seconds or so! 47/82 from 2 (57%) and 8/16 from 3 (50%). Those rick teams played fast. Defense was different then too though.

Originally posted by mkasten25:

We took 98 shots from the field (and 28 free throws). Thats a shot every 27 seconds or so! 47/82 from 2 (57%) and 8/16 from 3 (50%). Those rick teams played fast. Defense was different then too though.
Rick's always plays fast.
wink.r191677.gif
Yea, looking at the box score, they could have tied largest win margin with 3 more points. If Roderick Rhodes had hit a couple more, he only shot 6 for 17 but 2 of those were 3 pointers. 7 players in double figures. I hated those jungle stripe shorts.

UK vs Tenn Martin

Listened to the game. Georgia had one pretty good player, their center I think. Henry Cabaness or something like that. Not gonna look it up but think he scored over 20 of their points. Other than the margin pretty much a forgettable game. Don't even recall who did well for the Cats.

Originally posted by mkasten25:

Rick's always plays fast.
wink.r191677.gif
Yea, looking at the box score, they could have tied largest win margin with 3 more points. If Roderick Rhodes had hit a couple more, he only shot 6 for 17 but 2 of those were 3 pointers. 7 players in double figures. I hated those jungle stripe shorts.
I would have at least thought that team would have shot at least once every 15 seconds or so.

Originally posted by no_neutrality:

Listened to the game. Georgia had one pretty good player, their center I think. Henry Cabaness or something like that. Not gonna look it up but think he scored over 20 of their points. Other than the margin pretty much a forgettable game. Don't even recall who did well for the Cats.
Not going to look it up ? It took two clicks of the mouse using the link supplied above.

UK-Georgia game

Cabiness scored 23 points. He's shown on the right of the photo.

19560227Georgia.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT