ADVERTISEMENT

Most Overrated Bands/Artists

Also provided some of the best high harmony in rock music.
Excellent point. His backing vocals and his bass in tandem are honestly the heart of that band. So incredibly undervalued because you had Eddie's guitar virtuosity, Dave's flamboyance, and Alex had some drumming filth as well. Mike got lost in a lot of that even though reality is he was the mest and potatoes concrete foundation of why VH was as good as they were.

Reactions: funKYcat75
For my personal taste I'd say Rush. I just don't like the guys voice at all.

Same for Dave Matthews.

I love Queen and they, along with The Doors, have a very eclectic catalog. I love Mercury's voice and their harmonies. That said I can understand how people might not like them.

For all you (stupid) Springsteen haters, not only is he not overrated but he surrounded himself with greatness. Skip to the 3:15 mark and listen to the best saxophone solo ever. It isn't all Dancing in the Dark. You hate it, I hate it, most Springsteen people tolerate it at best.

I saw Clarence in Nashville on the next to last stop on the last tour before he died.
Count me among those stupid and happy about it to hate on the music industry's most successful draft dodger / unapologetic tax evader. Interview he gave during Tribeca film festival about his years and years of tax evasion convinced me that Springsteen, the dirt-bag, must certainly be a unc fan. Because the theme of his repeated, unapologetic excuse was everybody does it. Literally, excused his crimes on the basis that nobody in New Jersey bothers to pay taxes so why should he have.

You forgot Billie Eilish.
You know, I seriously tried to actually listen to 8 or 10 of her songs one day on YouTube. It was just a bunch of whispering and whining and whimpering songs. I found myself unconciously reaching for a straight razor to slit my wrists. Clearly, I do not get it.

Thankfully, I went outside for a bit to clear my head, came back inside and began listening to a steady diet of hair metal. I am happy to report I'm feeling much better now! I'm still bummed my Stadium Tour was postponed until next summer though. Ah well.

Reactions: Caliparity
Actually I didn't. I just posted there today. But for shits and giggles, I will play along. How does one get "run" on a message board that is not "run" by anyone ? I can and do post when and where I feel like. Just because a few people tell me "I suck" or "Do not post". does not mean I got run or will quit posting. I do not care what a couple internet strangers think. It kills me when people think they are this exclusive club and can determine where a poster can and can not post. YOU may be intimidated and let people dictate your life, or tell you what to do ( I like to call people like that , a little *itch or having no balls) But not I, you might try and be a little more independent, it might make your life a little better. Anywho, run along, I have spent too much time debating your ignorance, I have better things to do.

:chairshot:
Yeah..you probably shouldn’t post in there.

I don’t listen to as much Van Halen as I used to. But I’ll never forget the first time I heard Eruption. My head nearly exploded. Turns out it’s not as impossible as it sounded; I can play the thing now (Usually with a few mistakes:D) But nobody had ever played like that before. It was pretty revolutionary.
Had EVH not made his contributions . . . to this day, nobody would be playing a guitar that way. That defines how revolutionary his method was and is.

Reactions: P19978
I just can't stand Geddy Lees voice.
Cast in that unlikely role
ill-equipped to act
with insufficient tact
he put up barriers
to keep himself intact

Absolutely an over-achiever as a singer. And even more so in the looks department. He was, no question, the most unlikely to be successful among highly successful music industry front men. Yet successful he was. His disadvantages attest the their 3-man prowess. 3. The overall amount and quality of musical outpouring within each of their works is amazing. For some of their selections, it is mesmerizing. For the piece loosely quoted, builds powerfully to an end, with Geddy thumping six or eight slow, heavy, LOUD bass notes while Neil Pert completes the music complexly through unmeasurable scores and then *POOF* . . . limelight vanishes. Silence consumes. A listener might for a moment think he has heard the most astonishing thing.

I haven't seen Bowie listed and among the so-called superstars, he's the one I don't get his genius. That's not to say I don't like some of his songs but I never understood the reverence.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT