ADVERTISEMENT

Most obnoxious encounter with a U of L fan?

After the Dream Game they were driving around in Oldham County it was like Japan had just surrendered.
I once had dinner with several UofL family members a few blocks from Lucas Oil Stadium before the 2014 Sweet 16 game in Indy. Of the 14 or so people at the table I was 1 of maybe 3 UK fans. So we were badly outnumbered. “Smug” would probably be the best adjective to describe their mood. There was the usual friendly smack talk but it just seemed edgier/ruder that night. They were confident UofL was going to win. I kindly reminded everyone Julius Randle beat them during the regular season and was the best player on either team. I think they were favored by 4 points? It wasn’t much. You would gave thought this was David vs. Goliath with how they thought about our team. A team that already beat them. I walked away from that dinner wanting that game more than maybe any other game with the exception of a national championship. I don’t know if I’ve ever cheered harder at a sporting event. One of my all-time favorite UK wins which is why I reference it so much on this board.

Beating them was made even sweeter because one of my family members agreed to give us his Elite 8 tickets if UK won. He didn’t answer his phone for a few days afterwards so we had to buy tickets from a scalper for the Michigan game. Lol!

I once had dinner with several UofL family members a few blocks from Lucas Oil Stadium before the 2014 Sweet 16 game in Indy. Of the 14 or so people at the table I was 1 of maybe 3 UK fans. So we were badly outnumbered. “Smug” would probably be the best adjective to describe their mood. There was the usual friendly smack talk but it just seemed edgier/ruder that night. They were confident UofL was going to win. I kindly reminded everyone Julius Randle beat them during the regular season and was the best player on either team. I think they were favored by 4 points? It wasn’t much. You would gave thought this was David vs. Goliath with how they thought about our team. A team that already beat them. I walked away from that dinner wanting that game more than maybe any other game with the exception of a national championship. I don’t know if I’ve ever cheered harder at a sporting event. One of my all-time favorite UK wins which is why I reference it so much on this board.

Beating them was made even sweeter because one of my family members agreed to give us his Elite 8 tickets if UK won. He didn’t answer his phone for a few days afterwards so we had to buy tickets from a scalper for the Michigan game. Lol!
One of Cal's finest moments. He's calm, cool and collected while Pitino is screaming at every player that comes off the floor.

I'm hoping the person who posted once about his family getting yelled at by a U of L fan after our loss to Wisconsin sees this thread and shares that story. Or the guy who talked about the U of L fans pulling for UCLA in the 75 final

Was at a UK vs UL game at Freedom Hall in 2001 with a few buddies. We were sitting around a bunch of UL fans but one guy was listening to the Paul Rodgers call on his headphones. He kept giving us dirty looks and when the game was over and we had won, he gets up and points his finger at us and says something to the effect of, " Don't you EVER come in MY house again and cheer like that! EVER AGAIN!" Then gets up to leave. We laughed in his face which only made him more mad. Even other UL fans were laughing at him and were telling him to get out of here.

I pulled up to a light next to a bunch of young UL students, they saw my licence plate and started giving me the Ls up. I showed them pictures of Karen Sypher Neckbrace Bobby the crying Cardinal and Katrina Powell and they shut up. They know we own their sorry ass.

Last edited:
Emery package scandal that's when my disdain For louisville really started that was brutal to take . I actually liked watching them play in the seventies and early eighties we did not play them so I did not consider them a rival after the Emery package that changed

The response to this question could redefine the word "infinite"; just about everyone could tell a story or two about their encounters with UL fans, IU fans, etc.
There are idiot fans for every fan base; some schools seem to have more than their share, UL being one of them.
Whether it be basketball, politics, religion, some people are just incapable of having a conversation.
Having had a front row seat to much during the Katrina Powell days at UL while running my maintenance company there, I seen plenty and then have UL fans say and believe the opposite of the facts was funny at first then over the years it has gotten really stale hearing these fools believe in the fantasy their coaches were innocent of any wrongdoing.
So, put me in the column with those who say any encounter with a UL fan has the high potential of being obnoxious.

Brother is a U6 alum. Countless times I coulda strangled him. But he’s been unusually quiet for about, what, 10 yrs? 🙂

For entertainment purposes only. The pendulum is swinging to Cards favor, basketball and football. Prepare yourselves accordingly
And you say we are the infatuated fan base. Do you know the meaning of the word.lol

For entertainment purposes only. The pendulum is swinging to Cards favor, basketball and football. Prepare yourselves accordingly

LOL gtfo of here loser. I been hearing that crap for years. “Kenny Payne won those games!” Then last year you brought your pathetic 10 wins against absolutely no one into your own stadium thumping your chest only to get put in your place AGAIN by a middling SEC team. We play real football and basketball in our league son. Run along now.

Reactions: deep3
UL-UK football game last year at Louisville.

Fans were relentless before the game flipping the bird and yelling obscenities.

That win was glorious

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT