ADVERTISEMENT

Most important positions/roles in sports?

JonathanW

All-American
Jan 3, 2003
How would you rank them in terms of IMPORTANCE to their team winning (I'm just looking at the big 4 major US team sports)?

(in no particular order):
football QB
basketball PG
baseball Pitcher
hockey Goalie
Any other positions you think?

I'm going:
1- Pitcher, if he does bad enough, the only way you win is by scoring a LOT of runs
2- Goalie, same as pitcher, except the defense can be good enough to not let many shots get to him
Next one is tough.
3- PG, I started to say QB, but PG plays both offense and defense. But QB is generally more impactful on offense.
4- QB

Reactions: J_Dee
Hockey goalie. The speed of the game and the length of the ice means they have to be ON at all times. A puck could be heading your way at any point in time.

Your 1st coach. Baseball. Soccer. Basketball. Whatever. When you're a kid that age, it's like Moses.

Your 1st coach. Baseball. Soccer. Basketball. Whatever. When you're a kid that age, it's like Moses.
Trash Black Excellence GIF by For(bes) The Culture

How would you rank them in terms of IMPORTANCE to their team winning (I'm just looking at the big 4 major US team sports)?

(in no particular order):
football QB
basketball PG
baseball Pitcher
hockey Goalie
Any other positions you think?

I'm going:
1- Pitcher, if he does bad enough, the only way you win is by scoring a LOT of runs
2- Goalie, same as pitcher, except the defense can be good enough to not let many shots get to him
Next one is tough.
3- PG, I started to say QB, but PG plays both offense and defense. But QB is generally more impactful on offense.
4- QB

No offense, this list is flat wrong. The QB in pro football is by far the most important position and this is proven out by the betting line movement when the starting Pro Bowl QB is scratched due to injury vs an All-Pro any other position.

PG is the least important and shouldn’t be on the list. It’a as simple as saying “who is more important to his team: LeBron James or DeAngelo Russell?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT