ADVERTISEMENT

Mormon anti-coffee ad from the 80s

I live in Utah, and we still live under the yoke of this cult's obsession of legislating morality through regulating alcohol.
Flight got cancelled in Salt Lake and had to stay overnight.

- No taps unless the beer is under 4%
- Must order food to be served beer in some places
- Mixed drinks must be mixed behind a partition

I thought the guy was dicking around with me when I went to a BREWERY and they couldn't have their own beer on tap.

Mormons are bizarre and judgmental beyond belief.

My buddy is ex Mormon and he's obsessed with just bashing them every chance he gets and he always sends me the funniest stuff.

The Mormon church has a lot of parody videos of pop songs and this one is the best.So crazy judgmental about everything and self righteous. Classic.

Last edited:
If you ever come across a piece of cinematic gold called "Baptist at our BBQ", watch it

you gotta wonder what that religion is going to look like in 50[0?] years. they breed like rabbits and always seem to be in upper/middle class occupations. Ever met a poor white trash Mormon? Reality TV stars don't count.

Ever met a poor white trash Mormon? Reality TV stars don't count.
Tons of 'em. Mormons are very class conscious. You will not see white trash Mormons going on missions in the US, for example, because other Americans could pick up on class specific social cues and whatnot. They think that would be bad for business, so they send the best speaking/cleanest cut ones in country.

They also have tons of "wards" that basically separate along class lines as much as possible. In my lass's hometown of roughly 2,000 people there are 8 churches, and you better believe the crazy ass family with 9 kids and one income from the potato cellar aren't going to the same one as Mr. and Mrs. Blayne Sandersen, the bank president and his wife.

60812414.jpg

Tons of 'em. Mormons are very class conscious. You will not see white trash Mormons going on missions in the US, for example, because other Americans could pick up on class specific social cues and whatnot. They think that would be bad for business, so they send the best speaking/cleanest cut ones in country.

They also have tons of "wards" that basically separate along class lines as much as possible. In my lass's hometown of roughly 2,000 people there are 8 churches, and you better believe the crazy ass family with 9 kids and one income from the potato cellar aren't going to the same one as Mr. and Mrs. Blayne Sandersen, the bank president and his wife.
I don't know what's more embarrassing... Mormons, or GYERO, where grown ass men (supposedly) frequently use words like "lass."

hadn't thought about the marketing side of it. makes sense to ship 'em overseas with the rest of the poors.

Reactions: TransyCat09
Thing about Mormons is that they're very likable. They also seem pretty self aware about being total dorks about everything. Quite a few families in my school and they're all awesome families.

I just try not to think about the weird temple stuff.

WOW! I've drank some great Utah beers (Uinta and Epic) and can't even begin to imagine such a scenario at the freaking brewery.
I was at Epic. Really liked there stuff when I had it in Spokane, so thought I would check out the brewery while I was in town.

One guy running the bar that had 6 seats (that was max occupancy). Sat down and asked for one of their barrel aged ales and he slid me a menu and said I had to order an entree before I could get a beer. Got a bowl of soup, then he pulls out a bottle with a wine stopper in the top and pours me a glass. I guess I looked at him crossways so he explains the whole tap thing and the litany of licenses in SLC. You can get beer without ordering food, but only at establishments that have (and pay dearly) for licenses that allow that.

I got the impression it's as much a religious thing as it is a way to milk bars and restaurants out of licensing fees.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
So. If you want to buy good beer here, you have to go to the state-owned liquor store and/or order it at a bar. The restaurantuers in SLC are wising up, though. You see, there are so many breeders around here with hordes of kids, good restaurants are calling themselves "bars" so us gentiles can go get a nice meal and a drink without kids.

True story that happened to me. I have season tickets to the local Major League Soccer team. One day Real Salt Lake is playing an exhibition against a minor league team so I went without my wife. Usually the people who sit behind me are normal non-LDS people but they didn't use their tickets for this game. Before the game starts, I go get a large (pint) of 3.2% IPA and I watch the first half. The "Family" that's sitting behind me consists of a couple in their early 30s with four kids under six years old. I watch the first during which I'm kicked by their little bastard kids and popcorn gets dropped on me.

Now, I'm not a loud person at sporting events and since I was by myself I wasn't loud at all. Halftime comes up and I grab my second 3.2% beer and as I'm sitting down, the mom looks at me and says "sir, haven't you had enough?" For a moment, I wonder if I can kick her husband's ass because the response in my head is "ma'am when my pants come off, then you'll know that I've had enough". But instead I moved from my paid seat to another. Should've smarted off.

Last edited:
I was at Epic. Really liked there stuff when I had it in Spokane, so thought I would check out the brewery while I was in town.

One guy running the bar that had 6 seats (that was max occupancy). Sat down and asked for one of their barrel aged ales and he slid me a menu and said I had to order an entree before I could get a beer. Got a bowl of soup, then he pulls out a bottle with a wine stopper in the top and pours me a glass. I guess I looked at him crossways so he explains the whole tap thing and the litany of licenses in SLC. You can get beer without ordering food, but only at establishments that have (and pay dearly) for licenses that allow that.

I got the impression it's as much a religious thing as it is a way to milk bars and restaurants out of licensing fees.
(Shaking my head) Wow. 6 seats max everywhere else I've ever visited equals a relatively empty bar. After all these years, I've often thought Oklahoma was totally ate up. Heh. No longer.

I grew up in Oldham County and had several Mormon friends. They were really nice people and from good families. I didn't agree with their beliefs, but I wish I was disciplined enough to live my faith with the same conviction.

Reactions: funKYcat75
Just google BYU students + floating or BYU + armpits.
[laughing]

The old guard is perplexed at this wave of immoral behavior. “I don’t know what’s with this new batch,” said Provo resident Bill Mayfield, a BYU alumnus. “In my day, the attitude was ‘oral is moral.’ It’s sad to see things have become stagnant.”

That google search also brought the term "bagpiping" to my attention for the first time [banana]

Was distracted and half paying attention, why was it not cool for her to drink coffee but ok for some other chick to chick to drink coffee?

Reactions: KingOfBBN
Was distracted and half paying attention, why was it not cool for her to drink coffee but ok for some other chick to chick to drink coffee?

Still trying to figure that out myself. I guess it was totally okay to send that other chick to hell by bringing her the coffee.

The Morman episode of South Park, the one in which they describe the origins of the church, is painfully accurate. They actually fit the definition of being a cult. Read up on their "milk before meat" principles for dealing with those outside their church. Nice enough people but I keep them at arm's length.

BTW, the sound effect of the coffee being poured sounded like a cow pissing on concrete. Mrs Olson must be drinking from one of those huge Speedway jugs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT